TV's Vast Wasteland

Amentep

Hmmm...

Titans is probably my favorite show atm. like everyone else, I was skeptical at first but damn, is it good. And as soon as the first episode launched and I saw that intense Bruce Lee fight, it just captured me. Afterwards, I looked up the Internet reaction and was happy to see I was not alone.

The newest episode of Titans featuring Brandon Frasier (The Mummy - which we all loved, Encino Man - which we all hated, Bedazzled and Blast From The Past) as Robotman and April Bowlby (Two and A Half Men) as Rita - two members of the Doom Patrol, this is a setup for future spinof called Doom Patrol with Brandon Fraser leading the team. Yes, he is in an actual Robot suit, no cgi. Sooo good.

I'm patiently waiting for Netflix to show it in my country.

But I think it will take a few weeks. They usually make it available the next day (Better Call Saul), a week later (Black Lightning) or... when all episodes have aired in the US, which seems to be the case4 here. :(

sign.jpg

Awwwwwe well it's still better than nothing I suppose, just hope you can avoud the spoilers on the net and YouTube! Lol

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

This new Witcher TV show costume teaser looks really good, imo. Not that you can see much, but so far I have nothing to complain about. It's one of the shows I'm really waiting for now.

/edit:

I think I speak for everyone in saying, I can't wait until he grows a beard for season 2.

I will speak for everyone saying, I can wait until he grows a pair for season never.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Finally catching up with Luke Cage. Pretty good so far, the blaxploitation elements may be a little more overplayed so far relative to the first season (and that was pretty on-the-nose already), but I don't really mind that so much, it's an enjoyable imaginary they've got going, I like the swagger to the whole thing. But man, Mustafa Shakir!!! What a charismatic, utterly magnetic dude. "STOKES. Mariah STOKES." Absolutely loving his part as the Bushmaster so far, he's great.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 2

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Harley Quinn is coming to Gotham this season :)

Here's a look...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bokh47Jl_p5/?utm_source=ig_embed

Well, I know I speak for us all - well all members here anyway, when I say that she fits the bill and looks the part. The acting is insane as well, she'll be the best actress on the show yet.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Hilda (2018, Netflix Original). I'm really, really not into this "new wave" of cartoons appealing to adults (a la Rick & Morty, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, etc.), but a friend convinced me to try this one and it's actually really pretty good. There were a couple of episodes that were a little more mundane than the rest, but on the whole it was far beyond what I expected out of a kids' cartoon (and it is, after all, being marketed more at younger audiences which I feel is the right place to start with...whereas I can't say the same about Rick & Morty and the like). So credit where credit is due, I hope a second season is at least as good.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Finally saw the full season of Star Trek Discovery.

I liked it overall and it might be my favourite first season of a Trek show though that's not saying much. The big negatives were anything to do with the mycelial network and the plotting of the war vs the Klingons being rather weird and contrived towards the end in particular and elements of the plotting being weird/ contrived throughout- budget was somewhat to blame in places no doubt, but you do have to work with the budget you have. The acting and casting was fine (especially Lorca and Sarek, and I'd give Tilly's actor a mention for making her mostly endearing when she could easily have been annoying), the progressive/ political stuff fits Trek's philosophy fine so is less out of place than when it's shoehorned and the vast majority of the episodes held my interest. The last two eps were a fair bit of a let down though, and I found the last segments of ep15 extraordinarily cringey. I did particularly like the way that they used one seemingly obvious and ham fisted reveal to run interference on the second, far more interesting reveal as well.

Finally saw the full season of Star Trek Discovery.

I liked it overall and it might be my favourite first season of a Trek show/quote]

Just wait until Season 2 next year with Anson Mount as Capt. Pike.... Discovery is the Star Trek nobody asked for but we all deserved, definitely one of the better Star Trek shows, especially in it's writing and acting. Just be sure to avoid all the middle school hate because it features a bearded Spock :lol:

Not enthusiastic. Yeoh's fine, but the writing for both versions of Georgiou was pretty average while the emperor version had hugely contrived plotting. I'd way prefer a Captain Malfoy series. Or just go full meta and get Tom Felton.

Isn't that like 4 different Trek series either in production or under consideration now? Guess STD must have driven a lot of CBS subscriptions.

Isn't that like 4 different Trek series either in production or under consideration now? Guess STD must have driven a lot of CBS subscriptions.

Last I heard, it not only had driven subscriptions, but also got enough money from the international Netflix distribution to pay all the production costs.

Anyway, after a decade without any st tv shows, I'm optimistic and happy to see more.

sign.jpg

I am watching Star Trek DS9 for the first time right now. I'm at season 3 and so far, most of the time, it has really good episodes. STD might be more pretty, but everything else of that show just can't compare... like, at all.

I'm still very tensed about the Picard show, but considering his age, we probably shouldn't expect too much (or too many seasons).

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

DS9 is the best Trek. Holds up the best too in my opinion.

It also left the Trek universe in a state that would be perfect for any sequel show. I'll spoiler mark this for Lexx since he's watching for the first time, anyway:

The Alpha Quadrant is a mess, the Federation, the Klingon and Romulan empires having suffered crippling losses would need to recuperate. Civil strife, rebuilding and a return to diplomacy could be a theme for the Federation - maybe planets like Betazed want to stay more militarized after being conquered by the Dominion.

Perhaps there could be a local warlord/resistance hero on the rise. Trek could explore contemporary issues in this setting without ham-fisting the Klingons into religious Orks who rally behind a prophet of Orkus for no real reason.

DS9 challenged the Star Trek universe by introducing an antagonistic force and having the Federation's values make no difference in dealing with them. A sequel could explore the ramifications. But yeah, why bother. To quote Rich Evans: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARR STAB THEM IN THE F'ING FACE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

• Like 3

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Out of curiosity I watched a couple of episodes of season 3 Lethal Weapon.

Sean William Scott showcasing he's actually more than Stifler or the Goon. He's definitely grown up as an actor and is surprisingly good in that replacement role.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

DS9 is the best Trek. Holds up the best too in my opinion.

It also left the Trek universe in a state that would be perfect for any sequel show. I'll spoiler mark this for Lexx since he's watching for the first time, anyway:

They could also explore the

Insidious Federation.

Big spoiler here!

Edit: this one is not that spoilery, but just in case:

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 1

sign.jpg

Hulu has a "Remembering Stan Lee" catagory thing going on right now. You can watch Marvels Runaways again :)

At first I thought it was stupid but then I was like "Wow, this is really cool!"

• Like 1