RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

"I'm surprised, you often defend good sales as an indicator of quality and success. By that logic Witcher 3 is literally a masterpiece."

Don't lie. I use it as an indicator of success and popularity. No doubt Twitcher is successful and popular. That doesn't mean it is good quaity. Don't make stuff. DA3 sold millions. Doesn't mean it is good either (and I'm one of the suckers on that one). :)

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It could easily be EA approaching them to develop a game for them. It would be a good move on EA's part if they could seal the deal, but I don't see any benefit to CDPR

"He continued: "We are not going to release any game soon, so for sure it's not about any publishing deal, so the only possible reason for EA guys being here is that they want to buy us."

CDP/R is also one of the bigger localisers/ distributors in eastern europe, so it could be EA looking to get some games localised/ distributed instead of CDPR looking for a publishing deal. I'd doubt it would be a game development deal though, that is what EA have Bioware for. It's certainly a rather small rumour to hang any serious talk of a buy out on.

Final Fantasy V is coming to PC

This is essentially the GBA version that was also previously ported to iOS and Android.  It's a fantastic game, for the few that have never played it.  I believe it was the second (?) time in the series that they used the job system.

I heard it was the first time in the series that the job system was introduced but I might be wrong. I have the PSone version which was available on the PSN and the cool thing about the PSone titles is that I can play them on my PSvita and the games look amazing on the OLED screen. Haven't played a Final Fantasy game yet as I was never into jrpg's that much before but I guess FFV is a good place to start.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Technically the first game (where you could create your characters) had a version of the job system. This allowed you to create your team and choose their class from Warrior, Thief, Monk, Red Mage, White Mage, Black Mage.  These then could be advanced to an advanced class.

Final Fantasy III introduced the idea of freely transferring Jobs; all characters started as an Onion Knight then when they got advanced enough could change to various classes.

Final Fantasy V added Ability Points (AP) and the ability to use multiple skills per class.

IIRC.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

it's a PvP-only game, as far as I can tell, yet another Call of Duty clone. what a waste of a license 

• Like 5
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

it's a PvP-only game, as far as I can tell, yet another Call of Duty clone. what a waste of a license 

QFT. Exactly my thoughts as I watched the trailer.

Feels alot like another great IP that got turned into mindless FPS. Almost certain they will share same outcome too.

Konami ending all AAA development? http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-18-konami-ceases-triple-a-console-production-on-all-but-pes-report

And new Japanese Persona 5 Trailer (amid news the title has been delayed since 2016)

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I keep dreaming of a time when I'll be playing an Alpha Protocol spiritual successor in the GITS universe 

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I keep dreaming of a time when I'll be playing an Alpha Protocol spiritual successor in the GITS universe 

To be honest, I'd much rather have a Alpha Protocol sequel/prequel/reboot/remake/re-whatever with the same setting.  Part of what made that game work so well for me was that it was set in the contemporary real world.  We have a metric ****ton of contemporary real world setting shooters, but the contemporary real world RPGs cupboard is nearly empty.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

AP's setting was too wacky for my taste. Obsids were dangerously close to MGS territory there. I'd much rather have a GITS game than another AP, personally. but I would *love* to play a proper modern times RPG

Walsingham said: