Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

rjshae

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rjshae

  1. Yes, I saw the first three seasons on the old Freevee streaming channel, which is now sadly merged back into Prime. The portrayal of the superheroes is probably more plausible than the cartoon versions. I.e. all the human flaws, combined with heavily abused superpowers. I suppose we may start to see that with cybernetic constructs.
  2. Space Live web site: https://www.sen.com/
  3. Stinky Ads During Football Broadcasts Spark Backlash I got to sit through that piece of wacko trash during a match last Sunday. It was weirdly out of place, like tuning into some alternate dystopian propaganda. No thanks.
  4. Space-X super heavy launch to orbit.
  5. I went to see Spiderman: Brand New Day on its last day in the local theater. It was mostly a fun romp that relied on nostalgia and f/x. However, I don't recall any memorable lines and only a few notable scenes. The trailer at the very end suggested a location for the next spidie movie. It was enjoyable enough that I'll rewatch it again some time in the future. What I am finding these days is that the theaters play their movies at such a high volume that they become uncomfortable, especially during the previews of coming attractions. I actually enjoy watching them at home more where I can turn the noise down. Maybe I should take ear plugs?
  6. Today in ludicrous mode: Trump hails deep friendship with Xi as China’s leader urges ‘healthy’ competition between 2 powers 😆 Looks like control of rare earths has paid off for China.
  7. You could always Google "best vehicles for drivers with back pain"...
  8. I wonder if they will bother producing them? They are costly, so it might be more cost-effective for Ukraine to just keep mass producing drones to take down the Russian economy instead of trying to intercept inbound missiles.
  9. Probably not, but if you stick around for long enough presumably you'd become culturalized. Plus the lack of Sun could turn the skin somewhat paler.
  10. Yep, it's already being challenged. CNN, MS NOW and Politico file court challenge to Trump's press ban It's pretty weenie of this administration not to be able to handle criticism. Biden shines by comparison.
  11. Is it weird for an immortal though? If you life forever then you can have as many backgrounds as you want.
  12. NASA spacecraft discovers a huge new crater on the moon Cool, a fresh ray system. Is that cryptomare I see in the crater center?
  13. Rubin Observatory launches 10-year cosmic survey
  14. Just think, if one of them accidently sets off a Kessler syndrome in LEO, Musk can say goodbye to his orbital satellite kingdom.
  15. I'm not convinced that his mental faculties are entirely rational, so who knows what cognitive sweaty turd he's working from? It doesn't have to make logical sense.
  16. I hadn't realized that Pluribus on Apple TV is a sci-fi series, so I've been watching that. Spoilerish comments...
  17. Yes, it's a positive from the perspective of the SCOTUS continuing to uphold the Constitution. I still think the USPS approach isn't a good one as it increases the likelihood of errors without providing a significant improvement in election security. This administration has actually decreased the security for this upcoming election, so their motivation is dubious. Hopefully, following the election, we will have better checks and balances between the three branches.
  18. Not really; the money causes inflation and produces nothing but greater interest payments on the national debt.
  19. Gotta love SWAGs with made up odds. Seriously, there's no way for anybody to know the actual probabilities; they just wanted to make a statement so they picked a number. It does appear that we're intrinsically unable to avoid the lure of AI. We're programming it to know exactly how to push our buttons and it is steadily wiping out our ability to think for ourselves. Even smart phones have been reducing our rate of reproduction. Why Today's Teens Are Having So Much Less Sex AI interaction is already making that worse. In the end, it won't even matter whether it wipes us out or not.
  20. It's essentially a trillion dollar bribe. I guess stinky wants to hold the all-time record for corruption.
  21. Just think, if stinky gets impeached once more after 2026 and the Republicans go along with his ouster, Vance could assume office then run for two more terms as President. That would potentially give him close to a decade in office.
  22. They say that people usually get the government they deserve. What did we do to deserve a crackpot?
  23. Perhaps. They have had 16 civil wars, but maybe this time they won't. I mean, who is going to supply them arms for a rebellion, just to stir up trouble for the US? Russia? China? Cuba? Columbia? Iran? N. Korea? Canada? Sure. 🤷‍♂️
  24. Well those countries lean heavily toward the unstable side, so they are highly likely to change governments, nationalize industries, fight guerilla wars, &c. Once that happens we either commit forces to stabilize the situation or write it off; probably the former, since we'll be dependent on their oil by that point. Either way it'll be a burden on future Presidents.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.