RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

High point was looking down in that game

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nobody else makes cinematics quite like Blizzard. Even Blur Studios isn't quite as good, and they only make cinematics.

No doubt their cinematics are great, but I think CD Projekt RED can take the Pepsi Challenge with Blizzard in terms of cinematics.  I consider the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer from a couple years ago to still hold the World Heavyweight Trailer Championship belt.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I wish they'd learn that it wasn't the constant menu popups, points for everything and unlocks that kept people playing.. They are slowly and boringly turning the formula into a mobile game. Nothing to figure out, nothing to do outside of very linear and defined parameters.. Even how they tackle the Walkers and big threats was basically just do A, then B and C blows it up.

They were so close to mastering it with Battlefield 2 and 2142..

Fortune favors the bald.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Is it multiplayer only?

EDIT- To clarify, is there a single player campaign rather than just playing against bots?

I don't believe so, I think there are some exercises you can do single player but there is no campaign.  

Honestly it looks exactly like what I would expect Dice to do.  It is Battlefield with Star Wars.  I have no idea what you guys are down about.  Those aren't bad games by any stretch.  The Battlefront games were actually pretty lackluster. 

For me it's more of a case of... it looks boring. Really boring for being the battle of Hoth. I never played the previous Battlefront but this just looks extremely generic and... again, boring. Battlefield to me looks way more exciting than what was shown in that video above.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I have no idea what you guys are down about.  Those aren't bad games by any stretch.  The Battlefront games were actually pretty lackluster. 

I'm mildly annoyed by the fact that they are removing/streamlining features that actually made the other games awesome to play years after release and not just until the next expansion. I get it of course, if they can make it fun enough to last half or year or so and ride you along until they then sell you a new game - its a better business model. It just means I won't buy it as I start getting bored 2 weeks in like I did with Battlefield 3.

I never got the sense I was part of something bigger in the later games - vaguely in Bad Company - and not at all in 3. The instant spawn on any team member, the removal of command structure etc just made it really really lonewolf arcadey. In 2142 you had to work together to be effective, it forced the commander and squad leaders to strategize and the point system rewarded team efforts more than kills.. I just miss that and its a little sad to see them focus development on all the things I feel are detrimental to good and interesting team play.

Edit: and nostalgic aide, I'm certainly not saying that those games weren't without flaws of course.. that's just a much larger discussion :)

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I never got the sense I was part of something bigger in the later games - vaguely in Bad Company - and not at all in 3. The instant spawn on any team member, the removal of command structure etc just made it really really lonewolf arcadey. In 2142 you had to work together to be effective, it forced the commander and squad leaders to strategize and the point system rewarded team efforts more than kills.. I just miss that and its a little sad to see them focus development on all the things I feel are detrimental to good and interesting team play.

you should try Project Reality 

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That has hoax written all over it.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"He continued: "We are not going to release any game soon, so for sure it's not about any publishing deal, so the only possible reason for EA guys being here is that they want to buy us."

\I was gonna say while it be a rumour/hoax right now these things tend to eventually turn out true. However, this comment shows how stupid ignorant this  so called 'inside informer' is.  He makes it sound like a publishing deal would only be made and signed just prior to release. That is nonsensical. Most publishing deals tend to come well ebfore release. The only way it would come just prior to release if it was in development by CDP and what not. Total bullocks... for now.

6 million idiots bought Twitcher 3 within 6 weeks. LMAO

Congrats to CDP for suckering so many... you pulled a Bethesda. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I sincerely hope its a lie... Especially since that would indirectly place GoG in EA hands *shutters*

6 million idiots bought Twitcher 3 within 6 weeks. LMAO

Congrats to CDP for suckering so many... you pulled a Bethesda. :p

I'm surprised, you often defend good sales as an indicator of quality and success. By that logic Witcher 3 is literally a masterpiece.

Fortune favors the bald.

It could easily be EA approaching them to develop a game for them. It would be a good move on EA's part if they could seal the deal, but I don't see any benefit to CDPR

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg