What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

I gotta say, the

walks on the ocean floor

in SOMA are pretty relaxing so far.  Outside of a

tentacle drone mistaking me for an anime girl

it's been pretty lovely.  On the less pleasant side of things, I finally managed to die once.  It was

inside the MS Curie.  After I pulled the 3rd tentacle free I was caught by the brute on the way out.  What did me in was that I tend to close doors behind me so that a brute can't come from behind me, or at least has to open the door to get to me and it will slow them down.  The closed door did me in since the time it took for me to open it allowed the brute to catch up.  After reload I left the door open and escaped on the second try with no problem.

On the plus side, I think I have the mechanics of damage figured out now.

If the brute catches you they will injure you.  If you get caught again when you're still injured, you're dead.  Pulling the 3rd tentacle injured me (electrocuted?) and I died when the brute caught me.

I also managed to break the game once.  I walked out a door that led to outside the game area and plunged into the abyss while I saw the game area float upwards away from me.  It was hilarious.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Cities Skylines. Cities are pretty at night, if only I had designed one that seems realistic and livable rather than some coldly efficient habitation zone. I do chuckle that I've purposely created a high density zone with limited education so there will be workers for my farms.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

SOMA. I'm becoming more intrigued by the game and its central premise, it's opening up very nicely. So far i'd definitely recommend the game.

It's very Blade Runner-ish, questioning the nature of humanity and consciousness, it's stated and revealed that the protagonist is supposedly a synthetic life form with a downloaded personality. However it may still all just be a simulation at Mr Munshi's lab. If we are downloaded personalities then is this a good or bad thing? Conquering death, no more memories lost like tears in rain, functional immortality but does mankind need flesh. It's definitely interesting, are we defined somewhat by our physical limitations and not just our mental state?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Goddamnit, ran into a gamestopper bug in SOMA, close to the end. A lot of people are experiencing it...

Hope they can fix it quickly, I really want to see what happens. Damnit. 

EDIT: Whoop, managed to fix it by opting into the beta.

Aaaaand finished the game. Really enjoyed it overall. Just in terms of story and the pacing of it it's almost hard to see that it's the same company who made the previous games. Huuuge step up in storytelling. And one of the most enjoyable sci-fi stories I've seen in a game, no doubt.

Not as scary as their previous games though and I think they seemed to have struggled a bit to have the monsters in this game and make it feel natural. They still serve a really important purpose in providing the risk of death and danger in the game but the sections where you encounter them feel a bit... constructed. If they continue making these types of games, I hope that's one area where they can improve.

Nevertheless, great game overall.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I finally got Dying Light in the Steam sale (plus season pass or whatever it's called because I want the DLC with the cars..).

Why didn't anyone tell me how good this game is?! It's like Dead Island squared! Anyhow, I'm getting my butt kicked at night and go on furious revenge rampages during the day. That's about it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I finally got Dying Light in the Steam sale (plus season pass or whatever it's called because I want the DLC with the cars..).

Why didn't anyone tell me how good this game is?! It's like Dead Island squared! Anyhow, I'm getting my butt kicked at night and go on furious revenge rampages during the day. That's about it.

I had tons of fun with Dying Light, abysmal QTE final boss fight notwithstanding.  It's the illegitimate love child of Mirror's Edge and Dead Island.  I'm looking forward to the DLC that adds vehicles.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's nice having a sniper watch your back and provide covering fire for you.  I've unlocked the non-lethal sniper rifle for her, now, so I don't have to worry about her popping a key target by accident.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Dragon Age Inquisition. With Trespasser out, need to play it differently than my last game to see the outcomes.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

With Dying Light and the season pass, does that include the expansion with cars? I thought that was a stand alone expansion due to the size.

Also. Has anyone played Ryse for a decent amount of time to write up an opinion here? I know it has repetitive combat but is it worth playing?

i started deponia 2. like the first, i cant stop laughing with the stupid things the mc does

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

With Dying Light and the season pass, does that include the expansion with cars? I thought that was a stand alone expansion due to the size.

Oh, I didn't check before I bought it, I just assumed a season pass meant you'd get whatever DLC they released for the game.

To be honest, it doesn't really matter. The DLC was only 10€ extra and I already feel the game was worth the price. In fact, I could easily have paid full price for this, I'm enjoying it that much.

---

Ok, I checked, Everywhere I read it says the "The Following" expansion is bigger than the main game (area-wise) and it's included in the season pass! But it's only $15 if you don't have the pass so it's still a bargain, considering it's adding 10-20 hours of extra playtime. And buggies. Upgradable buggies.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Still playing MGSV.

I was kind of hoping that when you sent the combat units out on missions instead of Snake, it would recognize the fact.  A bit disappointing that the game still acts as though it's Snake on the mission, even when it's Screaming Buffalo.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Also. Has anyone played Ryse for a decent amount of time to write up an opinion here? I know it has repetitive combat but is it worth playing?

I gotta pick up that expansion at some point.  I loved Dying Light.

What is the best faction to join in Risen 3 if you gonna play it once?

in 2 was the inquisition... the guns were a cheat

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.