What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

I've installed Ultima VII using Exult with the Keyring mod, I hadn't played the game in ages so thought that the latest snapshot of Exult could do with a runthrough, see what's changed and been implemented. It's really a pity that the old Gypsy Virtue test is not used in the Black Gate to create ones character again, however this can be forgiven when one steps into the living, reactive world of Britannia.

I'm always conflicted about whether to take Spark in my party, the lad is a mere fourteen years old, and looks like a child but his situation and eagerness to join you is understandable and his stats quickly become very impressive.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

The boss battles in Jotun are really hard.  The first boss was kinda hard, but not too crazy, but both the bosses I've encountered since then have whooped my ass.  I haven't been able to beat either of them.  I always get close to killing them, but the battle gets exponentially more difficult the closer to death they are.  I need to explore some of the other levels and get stronger before trying those boss fights again.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

For the most part I'm loving Metal Gear Solid V.  But, man, some levels the designers make it almost impossible to do any sneaking.  Three guards walking right next to each other, with two or three more guards following them a few seconds later, etc.  And on top of that, you have to carry someone on your back and not let them get killed.

Also, I hate those parasite Skulls with a passion.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

just finished deponia 2 and while i sleep tonight i will let deponia 3 download from gog. so far, few games made me laugh so hard

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Yesterday went really bad for my Sisters of Sigmar. One Sister dead, both my Sisters Superior out of action and severly wounded. Internal wounds, eye injuries, and one took a blow to the head that left her permanently addled - she now needs to pass an inteligence test to perform actions when outside combat, to remember what she was doing. With a significant part of the warband in the infirmary and only partial recoveries in sight, I was considering hanging my hat on the nail and restart. Then I noticed that during the whole debacle (in which I had been victorious) my warband leveled up and I can now have an Augur join me. I hired one. Decided to give the girls another chance. Hired a second Purifier and a Sister to replace the casualty. We didn't go for anything fancy. A straight-forward fight in the foggy merchant's district. A capture the flag objective seemed like a good idea.

I shouldn't have worried about the objective; the Skaven chose the exact same route I had. Round 2 the Skaven van charged my Augur and the Purifier who had come to back her up. One of my novices counter-charged the second Skaven.

Round four the majority of Sisters had surrounded the Skaven, who were trying to hold out for teh rest of their swarm to complete their flanking manouvres. SKaven came jumping down from the upper floors of the ruined buildings, charged the already engaged Sisters, only to be then in turn be attacked by the Sisters' rearguard.

After the third Skaven got struck down, the rest broke and ran.

Maybe there is hope for these girls after all.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Just now, I have gained the hardest (or more like the most time consuming) trophy in a game. After attending 3000th battle with Faize, I have finally gained the Ultimate Battler trophy in Star Ocean The Last Hope International. I had to acquire 900 battle throphies. It took me pretty long time! At the moment 725 hours played and I am at 91% of all throphies. Now I will need to do one more playthrough of the hardest difficulty to finally get the Platinum Trophy.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

To the best of my knowledge, I've gotten every "item" out of every area in Jotun and I've now killed 3 of the 5 Jotun(s) (I'm not sure if Jotuns is correct, I have a sneaking suspicion that Jotun is both the singular and plural form).  That leaves 2 Jotun(s) to kill, then...  not sure.  Maybe I gain entrance to Valhalla, maybe there is a final boss, maybe there is a new area, who knows?

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

For the most part I'm loving Metal Gear Solid V.  But, man, some levels the designers make it almost impossible to do any sneaking.  Three guards walking right next to each other, with two or three more guards following them a few seconds later, etc.  And on top of that, you have to carry someone on your back and not let them get killed.

Also, I hate those parasite Skulls with a passion.

Groups of soldiers really don't like stun- and the sleep-grenades. :>

The parasite skulls stuff once again made me feel like they totally wanted to have Zombies in the game, just like in MGS4... bleh. Really didn't like these parts. Except for the Traitor Caravan mission.. here I could snatch two more armored vehicles and the following fight is super easy if I use the knockout airstrike.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

To the best of my knowledge, I've gotten every "item" out of every area in Jotun and I've now killed 3 of the 5 Jotun(s) (I'm not sure if Jotuns is correct, I have a sneaking suspicion that Jotun is both the singular and plural form).  That leaves 2 Jotun(s) to kill, then...  not sure.  Maybe I gain entrance to Valhalla, maybe there is a final boss, maybe there is a new area, who knows?

I believe you're correct and it is both the plural and singular, however you can just use Giant or Giants if you wish.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Just finished the Walking Dead Season 2 EP 1. Was ok-ish. Quite brutal at times. Still gonna stick with it for now.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Replaying the Witcher 1. It's actually a lot more enjoyable than I remembered it to be. The atmosphere is unsurpassed in the series and the characters are great even though the writing (localization perhaps?) are pretty wonky. Combat is wonky also but I love that alchemy plays a big part as well as reading books to gather herbs and all that. 

The areas are wonderfully realized and I think this game still looks really beautiful. It really holds up well in my opinion.

That said, there is a lot of filler as well and the game feels pretty drawn out. But yeah, I'm enjoying it. I'm in the Murky Waters area at the moment (which again, looks *incredible* given its age).

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Even with its **** combat, TW1 is really great, but I can't see myself replaying that game ever again.  Every time I think about playing the game I remember that I'll have to go through the mother****ing swamp again and my brain goes "oh hell no".  I like most of the other areas of the game but I can't stand that swamp.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yeah, it's a pain. I just powered through as much as I could (ignoring monster contracts and such for stuff in there). It's not a very fun area at all unfortunately. 

Chapter 1 is also a pretty weak start to the game I think (not nearly as bad as the swamp).

Vizima is still my favorite city in a 3d RPG. I'm amazed at how they could accomplish it with the aurora engine. So many games get cities wrong.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Just finished the Walking Dead Season 2 EP 1. Was ok-ish. Quite brutal at times. Still gonna stick with it for now.

You should, not quite as strong as Season 1, but still quite good.. and more grim.

Fortune favors the bald.

I have 8 days to gather about 200 more wyrdstone fragments. Now I have to go wyrdstone hunting daily and hope my warband doesn't have too many casualties while doing so. Stupid church *grumble grumble* send the request when I have just sold that much wyrdstone on the black market.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Finally finished Chapter 1 in Metal Gear Solid V.  At the end of it, when all the cutscenes were playing and then the credits rolled, I was like, "Huh?  Game's done?".  Then "Chapter 2" showed up and I'm like, "Oh, okay then".

And yes, I do talk to myself when I'm alone playing video games.  Nothing wrong with that.

Yes there is.

Shut up!

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You should, not quite as strong as Season 1, but still quite good.. and more grim.

I just feel like I absolutely can't connect with Clementine. Maybe it's because I don't like to play as a little girl. Dunno.

I just feel like I absolutely can't connect with Clementine. Maybe it's because I don't like to play as a little girl. Dunno.

Same and it really is the biggest hiccup for your average male player I think - that and one of the support characters is mindbogglingly stupid.

But the overall story is worth the play through, if only to see some kind of closure for her and one from the old cast.

Fortune favors the bald.

Can't really get into anything atm, been hopping between various grindy MMOs but anything that requires even a modicum of brainpower seems to be off limits currently :(

So yeah, Survival in Warframe is always fun (gods know why they decided to scrap Onslaught in UT3, but I certainly miss it...), also some mindless grinding in Skyforge (game has some nice ideas, but when it comes down to it it's just one big, rather glitchy, grindfest), even gave TERA a try (not my cup of tea, and I'm not even talking about the character "design" here...).

Started to run into hostiles in Amnesia, so guess I might just be chickening out on that one... Anyway, still can't for some reason motivate myself to pick up any of my unfinished cRPG playthroughs (I have PoE, Wasteland 2 and D:OS all in various states of completion...), if this keeps up I'll have to just start over since I'll have forgotten where I was at...

One Jotun left to kill, the storm Jotun.  Rough fight, I've gotten my ass whooped 3 times so far.  Unlike some of the other boss battles, this isn't a battle where you can escape damage early on, you're pretty much going to take damage on a fairly regular basis, right from the beginning.  There's just too much lightning flying around everywhere to dodge it all.  It's a matter of minimizing the damage and making sure you dodge the really damaging lightning strikes.  I think I need to save all my Mjolnir and Gungnir charges for the final part of the battle.  As per usual, the battle becomes exponentially more difficult at that point, so it's imperative to burst the Jotun down as quickly as possible at that point.  Gungnir is particularly good because you can hit from far away and it homes in on the enemy (because Gungnir never misses).  It's tough though because I've usually burned through all my heals and shields by the time I reach the latter portion of the battle and I desperately need them at that point.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸