What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

^haha I should pay more attention.  I didn't even know you could order supply drops.

I think a part of it is my focus is entirely on sneaking around and not being found, so if that dude is giving me intel in my ear I'm not hearing it completely because I'm too concerned with "oh geez, did they just hear me bump into that crate?".

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That's totally understandable. I think it's mentioned only the first time you get low on ammo. The suppressor doesn't trigger it for some reason. Either way, supply drops lend greatly to extended free roaming play. I would just make sure you order one before going into each guard post. Though some may need you to have one part way through.

Supply drops also give you more fulton balloons, so it's a lot of win.

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Just keep in mind you don't have to shoot everyone. Try to sneak behind enemy soldiers and take them out without guns. You can also gain intel from interrogating them, which in return gives you more points as well.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I finished the first mission (rescuing a certain someone), but I didn't complete all 6 objectives on that "map".  Now I'm going back to finish them, but the main objective (the rescue) comes up again.  Do I have to do the rescue again, or can I just mop up the tasks I didn't finish the first time without screwing up my progress in the story?

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

This week I finally finished GTA V, and soon after DA:I and King's Quest. Now playing FarCry 4 (I have a huge backlog).

Heh, you can technically finish FarCry 4 in 15 minutes (roughly).

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Did my first invasion in MGSV's FOB system. I'm joined up with people trying to disarm nukes, finally found a guy with some, and infiltrated.

I died to a UAV on the second strut of his command center. :(

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

This week I finally finished GTA V, and soon after DA:I and King's Quest. Now playing FarCry 4 (I have a huge backlog).

Heh, you can technically finish FarCry 4 in 15 minutes (roughly).

It's also easily the best ending.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Man, DA2: Legacy was a festival of obligatory stupid. 

(Spoliers below; game is old enough that I'm not going to bother tagging.)

So some dwarves come hunting for the PC and his/her sibling for mysterious reasons.  We defeat them off-screen, so the player never really gets the sense that the threat is a serious one-- as far as we see, they're basically the same mooks who jump off buildings to attack us every time we stroll down to the Docks after dark.  Then we track them back to their base, where the gameplay actually starts.  Turns out that they're mysteriously compelled to capture Hawke because of psychic influence by a being that was imprisoned by Grey Wardens centuries ago.  This being is apparently super scary and super powerful.  And the only solution offered is to... let it out and try to kill it with 4 people?? 

We're fighting an ancient darkspawn archmage to avoid a few Carta Thugs?  We don't think that just maybe the ancient Wardens would've simply stabbed the guy themselves-- rather than build this enormous and complicated prison-- if they thought that was a viable solution?  :aiee:

Also, the "Hawke's Key" dagger looks ridiculous. 

• Like 2

Finished up STASIS which was pretty awesome. Not quite the smash that I was hoping for but great nonetheless. And the story appears fairly simplistic at first but once you think about it, you realize that there is a lot of "mystery" and unanswered questions about, and it doesn't feel like the developer just gave up on it, it feels thought through. I might replay the game soon actually even though it's very linear.

Now I'm replaying the Banner Saga. Enjoy it a lot still, one of those games that just feel unique. The soundtrack is *amazing*.

Looking forward to playing SOMA next week.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Looking forward to playing SOMA next week.

Same.  I'm pumped that it's releasing in just a few days.

Over in X3: Albion Prelude land I have resumed the shady business plot and am at the point where I'm finding researchers to help with Ho t'sht's experimental engine.  I have 2 out of the 3 I need on board, just have to track down the third and convince them to come along (I have to do them a favor).  I'm not sure if I'll be able to drop the researchers off in my Tiger because it can't dock with most things, so I may need to bring along a transport.  

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I finished the first mission (rescuing a certain someone), but I didn't complete all 6 objectives on that "map".  Now I'm going back to finish them, but the main objective (the rescue) comes up again.  Do I have to do the rescue again, or can I just mop up the tasks I didn't finish the first time without screwing up my progress in the story?

I believe finishing the main objective will be the one that always triggers the end of the mission. It's similar to how Peace Walker worked where you could play missions multiple times to try and get a better ending.

I would say though, that I recommend just going with the flow of the game and going back to get better rankings on missions later.

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Question for those who have beat Witcher 3 and I'll avoid spoilers for who haven't.  Asking about end missions and further questing.  Did I read right that the expansions will need to be played from a save right before the end mission of the game?  If that is true, is there a pretty distinct message that states " hey, this is gonna be the end, so tie everything up you want."  I'm at the quest Final Preparations and want to some side quests before I hit the end end, and wanted to know if it's still alright to keep on the main quest.

Man, DA2: Legacy was a festival of obligatory stupid. 

(Spoliers below; game is old enough that I'm not going to bother tagging.)

So some dwarves come hunting for the PC and his/her sibling for mysterious reasons.  We defeat them off-screen, so the player never really gets the sense that the threat is a serious one-- as far as we see, they're basically the same mooks who jump off buildings to attack us every time we stroll down to the Docks after dark.  Then we track them back to their base, where the gameplay actually starts.  Turns out that they're mysteriously compelled to capture Hawke because of psychic influence by a being that was imprisoned by Grey Wardens centuries ago.  This being is apparently super scary and super powerful.  And the only solution offered is to... let it out and try to kill it with 4 people?? 

We're fighting an ancient darkspawn archmage to avoid a few Carta Thugs?  We don't think that just maybe the ancient Wardens would've simply stabbed the guy themselves-- rather than build this enormous and complicated prison-- if they thought that was a viable solution?  :aiee:

Also, the "Hawke's Key" dagger looks ridiculous. 

You find out in DA:I why he was imprisoned instead of killed too.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I believe finishing the main objective will be the one that always triggers the end of the mission. It's similar to how Peace Walker worked where you could play missions multiple times to try and get a better ending.

I would say though, that I recommend just going with the flow of the game and going back to get better rankings on missions later.

Ah okay, thanks.

I'm still getting used to the button controls.  Every now and then Snake will stand up straight from a prone position with enemies around because I pressed that button by mistake.

Question for those who have beat Witcher 3 and I'll avoid spoilers for who haven't.  Asking about end missions and further questing.  Did I read right that the expansions will need to be played from a save right before the end mission of the game?  If that is true, is there a pretty distinct message that states " hey, this is gonna be the end, so tie everything up you want."  I'm at the quest Final Preparations and want to some side quests before I hit the end end, and wanted to know if it's still alright to keep on the main quest.

I'm pretty sure there's a prompt that pops up to tell you that if you continue with the current mission, it leads to the end-game.  So you should be safe if you haven't seen that prompt yet.  99% sure anyway.  It's been a couple of months since I last played TW3.

• Like 1

Did my first invasion in MGSV's FOB system. I'm joined up with people trying to disarm nukes, finally found a guy with some, and infiltrated.

I died to a UAV on the second strut of his command center. :(

The other day a guy was invading my base and while I was looking for him he shot me with a tranquilizer gun. I was losing consciousness but I managed to empty a whole clip on him before I fell. Won the Match!    :dancing:

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm still trying to work out what triggers a base in MGSV to go from low alert status to moderate, where they begin to actively search around.

On one mission, I hadn't alerted any of the guards.  I'd never gotten any indication they saw me.  I'd knocked out a few guards, but either hid them in trash bins or had them airlifted out.  Yet suddenly, as I'm approaching my target, I see them starting to run around like they're aware someone is in the camp.

It makes the stealth approach kind of difficult if they're alerted to something just for some random sake, rather than because I was sloppy and got caught either moving about or left a body out in the open (which I did neither of).

Never noticed such a thing. Usually they go into full alert mode as soon as a soldier is calling HQ and that's it. Most of the time you can prevent that.

Especially after getting D-Dog, doing stealth-runs became extremely easy, imo.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I finally have a language interpreter.  So now I can actually interrogate enemies I've subdued rather than just them mumbling a bunch of gibberish.

I really do suck at stealth, though.  Most missions I start out well, but as soon as I'm nearing my goals -- whether it be rescuing someone, finding an item, or whatever -- I seem to set off the entire base's alarm and end up having to run-and-gun my way out.

Trying to kill super mutants in Fallout Tactics. So far, I think I have reloaded the game like 20 times.

Go for the eyes Labadal! Go for the eyes!

(though T45LE mines do the trick wonderfully as well)

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Still playing MGSV.  Built myself a sniper rifle.  I wish it had a silencer, though.  Love sniping enemies from a distance and watching them scramble trying to determine where the shot came from, but after two or three get dropped the rest figure out where I'm shooting from.

Building Mother Base is a bit of a chore at the moment.  One ingredient (minor metals) seem to be in scarce supply around the area I've unlocked at this point.  Everything else I seem to have in abundance except for that.