What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Melee combat in Mad Max is so much easier than car combat.  Max can easily fight his way through camps with 30+ enemies in them, barely ever taking damage, but my car seems to be only able to take two or three collisions before it's about to blow up.

Eh, do enough of the story missions to get access to the.. Thunderpoon!

Already have access to it.  It makes my attacks during vehicle combat lethal (I can pretty much blow up any enemy car I fire it at), but it takes time to reload it, and if I'm swarmed by 3 or 4 enemies, all it takes is for the ones I didn't shoot to smash into me to do a lot of damage.

I'm trying to find the right balance of armor for my car, while not ruining my handling and acceleration.  Maybe since I'm pretty good at driving it, I should up the defense at the expense of some handling.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I pretty much went through the entire game with only the 1st level of armour on the car. Went with the.. 2nd level of ram, and just kept pushing the engine/suspension/exhaust to max. That and kept the tires that improve both asphalt and sand handling. The right mix of swerving and boost should give you plenty of time for thunderpoon reloads.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I started playing Renowned Explorers: International Society.  I only just started playing, so it's way too early to make a judgement, but I'm at least keen on playing some more.  It's kind of like a simplified Expeditions: Conquistador that got drunk and started telling jokes.  There's a tutorial that was a bit buggy, but gave me some idea of basics, but mostly I'm learning on the job, which is fine since this game has rogue-lite elements where campaigns aren't very long and they're randomized and you're expected to play through them a bunch of times while unlocking things for the overall game.  Learning on the job seems natural in a game like this and spectacular failure is expected at some point and just part of the process.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I pretty much went through the entire game with only the 1st level of armour on the car. Went with the.. 2nd level of ram, and just kept pushing the engine/suspension/exhaust to max. That and kept the tires that improve both asphalt and sand handling. The right mix of swerving and boost should give you plenty of time for thunderpoon reloads.

I just wish you could use the harpoon on all vehicles.  The tougher ones, I could understand first having to use the harpoon to remove a layer or two of armor, but then it should expose a weak point for your next shot.  Some of the cars I've come across, though, my harpoon doesn't seem to lock on to anything.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished MGS V: The Phantom Pain. Damn, the story wasn't just good, it was Planescape: Torment good. Yeah, it was that awesome.

Without spoiling anything make sure you do these for the sake the story and the cassette tapes:

a.don't kill quiet

b.don't use the Butterfly emblem

c.make sure you have completed all the yellow marked side-ops AND the ones where you have to extract prisoners and wandering mother base soldiers

Edited by Cat Food

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I just wish you could use the harpoon on all vehicles.  The tougher ones, I could understand first having to use the harpoon to remove a layer or two of armor, but then it should expose a weak point for your next shot.  Some of the cars I've come across, though, my harpoon doesn't seem to lock on to anything.

Once you have all the upgrades for the harpoon, I don't think I encountered any vehicles that didn't have a couple of lock on points. The trouble is that some seem to only show when you're on the side of a car rather than behind it.

Also, some other lock-on points only show up after a certain amount of armour has been reduced.

Edited by Raithe

Diablo 3, motoring through with my demon hunter, got the quiver that makes ball lightning move 40% of its speed, combine that with the 6 set piece Marauders and I can pretty much cover a screen with my balls of sparkly death. Still not getting any Natalya's items though, which sucks.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Melee combat in Mad Max is so much easier than car combat.  Max can easily fight his way through camps with 30+ enemies in them, barely ever taking damage, but my car seems to be only able to take two or three collisions before it's about to blow up.

Is there really any "Arkham style" combat system that's remotely challenging?

Someone has to come up with one. 

Is there really any "Arkham style" combat system that's remotely challenging?

Someone has to come up with one. 

That seems to go against the core tenets of the system.  That combat system seemingly was specifically designed to be easy.

I can think of several tweaks to the formula that would up the difficulty:

• Remove visual cues (button prompts, big brightly colored outline around an enemy attacking, etc.)
  • Get rid of the time slowdowns 
  • Don't make the character invulnurable to all other attacks while they are countering

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

And again after few days of break, I had few hours time to play EU again, the game slowly comes to the end :(

More about it and pictures here :)

https://sites.google.com/site/mamoulianfh/letsplay/europa-universalis-page5#part10

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

RIP Brandenburg, my favorite little German state. sad.png

(...although it seems to be owned by Denmark - I think? - in your campaign. huh.png)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Brandenburg is the best part of Germany. Trust me, I know what I am talking about, as I am a Brandenburger.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Are you really? How marvelous! What a small world we live in that I can totally chance upon someone who actually lives in my favorite part of Germany with just the mere mention of it on a mid-sized web forum (...and even if it's only my favorite part of Germany for completely silly reasons, having not even ever been to Germany, tongue.png).

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Finished off all the convoys in Mad Max.  So much easier to complete with the thunderpoon.

What I'm finding (so far) is the main story is just kind of basic and meh, so what pulls you in and gets addictive is all the side content that's available to you.

The downside to that is I likely will never replay the game since I usually only replay games which had a main story I enjoyed enough to want to see a second (or third) time.

Metal Gear Solid V

My guys are sick. Nearly 300 dudes in quarantine. :( I don't want them all to die.

But I might waste a little time changing my loadout to nonlethal. The shotgun looks sweet.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Tonight I felt like indulging in a spot of balletic bulletplay, while pondering on Old Norse mythology and wearing a constipated grimace upon my face: Max Payne beckons, the intro music really conjures a certain nostalgia.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

RIP Brandenburg, my favorite little German state. sad.png

(...although it seems to be owned by Denmark - I think? - in your campaign. huh.png)

Well France owned it for very very long time. They got it in one war maybe 100 years ago. Until now :-D It was in middle of my territory and I did not liked it, so in last Blitzkrieg I finally got it from them as a part of a peace resolution. :-D

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Ran into a bit of a WTF moment in Mad Max's main story.

One minute I'm at Gutgash's (sp) stronghold getting a quest from a woman named Hope, who is locked in a cage.  Then the next story mission later I'm at Pink Eye's stronghold and Hope's a captive of the bad guy (forget his name).  There didn't seem to be a single thing about how she got from being in Gutgash's prison to being a captive of a guy attacking Pink Eye's stronghold.

Ran into a bit of a WTF moment in Mad Max's main story.

One minute I'm at Gutgash's (sp) stronghold getting a quest from a woman named Hope, who is locked in a cage.  Then the next story mission later I'm at Pink Eye's stronghold and Hope's a captive of the bad guy (forget his name).  There didn't seem to be a single thing about how she got from being in Gutgash's prison to being a captive of a guy attacking Pink Eye's stronghold.

Yeah, it's pretty much done in that.. things happening in the background.

You get the backstory on Hope as part of the Bio information, and that she's in the cage because she was a slave. There's also that Gutgash trades with the main bad guy. Then all of a sudden she's been sold, but because you weren't around to see it, no-one tells you until you find her with one of the bad guy's minions.

It was a jarring note. Just wait for more.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the amount of depth in Renowned Explorers: International Society.  At first the game seemed pretty casual, but there are a lot of different skills and effects and moods and interactions with moods and abilities that can give you advantages or disadvantages.  Don't get me wrong, it's not a super deep strategy game, but it's definitely a lot more nuanced than in looks on the surface.  Mostly it works because it's goofy and doesn't take itself seriously.  I mean, any game that lets me impress monkeys with magic tricks can't be all bad.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The car driving in Mad Max is absolute crap.  It handles like an old lady driving her car in winter, on icy roads, with no snow tires.  I can NOT beat this one "boss" because I can't even keep my damn car on the road.  Even without anyone near me, a single turn and I start sliding the opposite way into a wall.

I hate it when games emphasize driving, and even have quests that require you to do the races, but provide the player with one of the worst handling systems I've ever played in any game that involves driving a car.

I'm frustrated enough that I'm close to giving up on this game without finishing it.