What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Started replaying the classic Fallout games. Had to abort Fallout because of a game breaking bug. I couldn't set the countdown to destroy the mutant base. Always got a CTD. So I moved on to Fallout 2, which I haven't played over a decade. It feels very fresh and I'm having a blast.

I'm also playing Darkest Dungeon, which is probably the best Early Access game on Steam I played. Can't wait till they unlock the final two dungeons.

Also preparing two different The Banner Saga playthroughs for the sequel, because I lost my savegames somehow.

Edited by Bendu

Trying Fallout Shelter on my tablet - addictive little game, but fun and well made. It's very casual, but nice for keeping you occupied when travelling etc. Really making me wanna replay Evil Genius though.

Fortune favors the bald.

Getting back into EVE, planning to make a foray into null-sec and end up being ganked by some alliance. Suppose I can also hit up W-space and make money of Sleepers there. Need to find a new corp too, friends all quit the game.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Thinking about getting back to EVE too man

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Back to X3: Albion Prelude during this short lull before the next round of new releases (Shadowrun: Hong Kong on the 20th and Crookz on the 25th).  I set my 3rd transport up to service my second station (a Scruffin Farm), so that station is now self-sufficient and bringing in slow but steady income.  I then took my primary transport and headed toward Paranid space.  I probably should have taken the longer, safer route since I wound up getting attacked and destroyed by pirates when travelling through a pirate sector (I had to go through several pirate sectors to get to Paranid space via the shorter route).  It turns out an unprotected transport with a cargo hold full of ore (I try to almost never travel empty, there's no profit to be made with an empty cargo hold) makes for a juicy target for pirates in an unprotected sector.  After reloading I went through the pirate sectors again, but this time took a much more roundabout way to keep as far away from the pirates as possible.  They still came after me eventually, but this time I was close enough to the jump game to get away before the missiles tracked me down.  I'll remember those sectors and in the future I'll come back there with a fleet of capital ships and heavy fighters and I'll blow all their **** up.  All of it, every station and every ship.  No mercy.  I'll wipe those sectors clean.  Anyway, once in the relative safety of Paranid space I set upon the task of increasing my rep with the Paranid by trading with them.  Unfortunately the Paranid are super xenophobic so I could only trade in a few of the fringe sectors, they wouldn't even let me dock anywhere in the core sectors.  It was tough sledding until I got my rep up enough.  Now I'm finally at the point where they trust me enough to let me do business at any of their stations.  I still have nowhere near enough rep with them to buy the warships I will be getting from them eventually, but it's a start and trading will be a lot easier now that I have a lot more options open to me.  I have a nice juicy spot all planned out for where I'll build an ore mine in the future in Paranid space to expand my trading empire and further cement my relationship with the Paranid.  Once I get up to 4 or 5 stations running self-sufficiently I'll think about starting to buy some heavy fighters and exploring some of the more dangerous sectors.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Another episode from Europa Universalis incoming, despite knowing, almost no one will read it :p But I really love this game so much!

Part 2:

Day 3:

I continued to play on Sunday for a little while again :p I decided to go as much peacefully as possible and put some effort into improving relations with other European nations. In the end I was able to put peace to rebels in my Hungarian provinces and annex diplomatically two Savoy provinces and two Tuscany provinces. This meant that I had to watch out for rebels again, but this time on much lower scale as in Hungary :)

My ally, France continued to attack Netherlands and other smaller states in Germany, which made big impact on my stability. That's why I decided to change the Alliance to Venice and Mameluks :D I boosted the Venice relations as much as possible, but after few years when I got +200, I found, that I was unable to vasallize them for some reason, which made me sad, because I wasted lot of ducats :(

I had to find another way how to make my country more powerful. The only way which seemed, that could be painless and without impact on relations, was to go to North Africa. I decided to go against Morocco, because it was only North African country without any military alliance. Before attacking, I have decided to get more friendly with Netherlands. I made some ships, moved to their coast, declared war on them and asked my allies to help me out. To my surprise they have dishonored our alliance and I ended up fighting against them alone. As soon as I started to unload my troops to Morocco, Spain and Portugal declared war against me, and a ton of ****e hit the fan! Few days after that, the Spanish allies (Kleves, Cologne and The Palpatinate) attackedme as well.

This was the time, when I realized that boosting relations with Netherlands was wise idea. Because I was now without alliance, I joined them right away. I moved all my troops to Milan and started to wait how this will play out. Spain had two provinces near me. So I decided to attack one and let the second one to be attacked by Netherlands. I moved three other regiments to attack The Palpatinate and Cologne, which in the end meant that I won war against them by annexion. Meanwhile Kleves was annexed by my Hessen allies. As soon as this happened, France declared war against me. I was lucky, that their army was decimated in the previous war against Netherlands. After conquering the Spanish province in Italy, Spain offered me this province as a peace resolution, so I gladly accepted, and put all my focus against France. I was able to conquer three their provinces in few months, and just to be safe, I offered them peace in exchange for Provence and Dauphiné. They accepted this offer, and right after that, my diplomats started to work again on raising relations with them. It played out well, because as soon as I got attacked by The Papal State, France declared war against them as well.

Then out of nowhere I was attacked by Poland-Lithuania and Venice, even though I had very high relation with them, and right after that, Turkey declared war on me, and I was crushed in few months completely :( I had to do another reload :( I loaded right after The Papal State turned against me and put lot of money into Poland and Venice. The previous attacks haven't happened, so I had time to make some progress against The Pope. My allies helped me to get one of his provinces and the Turkey came again. The troops I had in Balkan were enough to hold their attacks until Netherlands and Brandenburg came to help me out, but then Turkey brought out of fog of war crazy big army and started to attack my Kosovo province. But thankfully at that time my allies have crushed two of their provinces, so I rather agreed with peace, while giving them both of these provinces back. I could probably win, but I would lose most of my Balkan troops and I was also still in war against Persia and Portugal, so many of my provinces across my empire started to revolt because of war exhaustion, and I just needed all of my troops to solve these revolts. In the end it was good move, because despite having +200 relations with Venice, they declared war on me. I think there must be some hidden mechanics in the game, where some countries are very trigger-happy, when someone wages war with The Papal State.

Anyway, I was lucky that this happened right after war with Turkey, so lot of allied forces, were still on Balkan, and they helped me to besiege Bosnia.  A few days afterwards, I besieged Rome, and The Papal State decided to give up their Romagna province for peace. As soon as this happened, my Italian regiment started moving towards Mantua. Venice had really big army on Balkan, but with my allies I liberated both of these provinces, so Venice short time after this offered me Bosnia as a peace resolution. While waging this war, I was putting all of my diplomats to Poland-Lithuania, so I could keep our relations high, because it was dropping during this war very fast. Out of nowhere Naples declared war against me, despite having only one province. It was quick war, which ended with their annexion. After this annexion, all of the fights in Europe stopped and month or two afterwards, the game mechanics decided to force peace with Portugal and Persia on us, and with this all of the revolts ended.

The war lasted for almost 8 years. I had more than 160k soldiers at the start, and ended up with less than 50k. My plan of taking three of Morocco's provinces completely failed, but instead, I ended up with nine new European provinces. Well played :D One year after the war, the Spanish king died, and I was elected as the Emperor of The Holy Empire. This will allow me more freedom of movement for my soldiers in Europe.

This whole big war put me only 80 Victory points behind Spain, but to the south, a new force is emerging fast! During the war, Persia annexed their Mameluks vassal, and now control almost whole North of Africa and Middle East. I see some big wars incoming. The year now is 1620 and I have 172 years to close the gap between me and Spain, to win the game :)

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

One thing I hate about having a good memory is that I never forgot what happens next in a game I've already played, even if I haven't played it for years and years.  Makes finding games to replay difficult.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yeah, I hate that as well. This is still happening for lot of my games, which I haven't played for more than 10 years...

"Thankfully" the industry came into stage, that most of the games released in last 5 years are easily to forget about :D

So I finished my BGEE run with an evil party. Man, I had forgotten how contrived the writing is in that game, at some points. Reputation 1 and Flaming Fist hit-squads literally waiting for you behind every corner? Who cares, Scar and Eltan are more than happy to commission you to carry out this mission of critical importance for the city of Baldur's Gate, while making it clear that the Flaming Fist rank and file will still try to kill you on sight. Refuse to kill Rieltar in Candlekeep? It doesn't matter, and there are no consequences if you actually kill them. Bah. The final battle was sort of underwhelming too, even with Stratagems enhancements. Drinking one of each potion available (and after Durlag's, I have more than enough of anything) + arrows of dispelling = dead Sarevok in under 5'. Funny because if you don't do that, *you* get creamed in much less than 5'. "Balanced gameplay" just wasn't in the dictionary back then.

Just started BG2EE, and I'm taking Hexxat along, as it's either her or Jan Jansen for thievery. Jan just doesn't fit in an evil party, IMO. Vanilla Hexxat is really lame for a vampire, and some of her abilities are bugged to boot, so I'm using Weimer's Valen as a basis to tweak her. I'm giving her Valen's level draining claws, but I'm editing them to have a 0x backstab modifier and be two-handed weapon to stop the temptation to try dual wielding shenanigans. I was thinking of also making them force APR to 1, but enemy vampires aren't subject to that restriction. Valen's armor makes her immune to healing spells, and I'm also editing in a specific inability to use healing potions, which I suspect will stop working when I take Use Any Item as a high-level ability. She'll be restricted to her natural regeneration abilities only. Weimer's scripting also gives certain clerics Protection from Undead scrolls and I've seen them cast Sunray, False dawn and Repulse Undead, though this may be owing to "Smarter Clerics" from Stratagems. At this point I'm starting to have more fun fiddling around with files than actually playing the game...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Got 2/3 of the way through Arcanum, which I have never completed, when I hit my second game breaking bug that would have required a restart and gave up. What I like most about it is that Followers and NPCs can actually die despite having lengty plot dump dialouges later on. It's ridiculously loop sided to favor magic. You should really start by cranking the difficulty down one notch for a tech character or up one for magic. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Lots of Planetside 2. Today that might change with Tales from the Borderlands getting a new episode. Real excited for that.

Trying to decide what class I'm going to start improving next. I'm an Expert Combat Medic who's almost an Expert with Assault Rifles. Got my Magrider where I want it, too. Might go SMG Infiltrator since that was my old PS1 class, but I wouldn't be able to C4 AMS. Might go Light Assault so I can get on rooftops and C4 AMS

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The best questlines in Skyrim are the Dark Brotherhood one and the ghost woman

Which ghost woman ... the one with the ghost husband? Anyway, agreed, the assassin quests are pure pazaak. 

Had to look the name up, but this is the one (she's part of the Vampire DLC, though has exactly nothing at all to do with that entire questline): http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Katria

Now playing quite a bit of Defiance. I think I need to watch some episodes of the series to get a better grasp on the setting though.

After the pilot the TV series took a nosedive when it comes to writing quality. It only picked back up in season 3.

If you need anything though, let me know. On PC EU I am EGO 4000+ on PC US just 1000something.

I'm EGO580 or so now, still trying to figure out how some things work too, I assume most things end up being explained during main/DLC quests (though I sort of wonder what is supposed to keep players engaged once those are done...)

Playing quite a bit of Warframe again, they overhauled the parcours and it's mostly an improvement. The new Warframe is also simply available as a (whole lot) of boss drops that don't  require the farming of keys that pop up once in a blue moon or going through an annoying questchain to obtain.

Now if only it were easier to PUG Void runs and they introduced a proper marketplace instead of this annoying trade channel crap... (if I had my way I'd just scrap trading entirely, but I doubt that's gonna happen, so I'll go with the next best thing)

EDIT: also played through the Torment alpha (which is part of character creation/the introduction) and boy oh boy, I don't think I've been as excited for a game in a looooooong while.

Edited by marelooke

Now playing quite a bit of Defiance. I think I need to watch some episodes of the series to get a better grasp on the setting though.

After the pilot the TV series took a nosedive when it comes to writing quality. It only picked back up in season 3.

If you need anything though, let me know. On PC EU I am EGO 4000+ on PC US just 1000something.

I'm EGO580 or so now, still trying to figure out how some things work too, I assume most things end up being explained during main/DLC quests (though I sort of wonder what is supposed to keep players engaged once those are done...)

Anything I can clear up, let me know.

Originally long term motivation was supposed to come through Arkfalls and instances and PvP. The scaling mechanic that was added later on seriously hurt the enjoyability of PvE content though. I am under the impression that they took some steps to fix it, as the last Dark Matter arkfall I went to was enjoyable enough.

Right now the content for players after the story content is done (though it can be replayed) is

Open World: Arkfalls (major and minor), Sieges (infected and volge), Incursions. These all get marked on the map with big red, blue or yellow circles. Anyone in the area scroes points based on participation and gets rewards accordingly.

Instances: are unlocked based on your EGO rating. They were quite fun until the level scaling which broke them, allowing high EGO characters to oneshot everything. Hard mode versions of instances got added with one of the DLCs.

Arkbreaks: are instanced arkfalls called down by players. Minor ones are aimed at one team. Major ones at around 20 people.

Thorn Liro Arena (castithan charge pack) : standard survival against 5 rounds of enemies.

Gunslinger Trials: in reality another arena mode but with slightly more interesting objectives

Expeditions: mainly instance runs that have difficulty scaling that works. If I udnerstand correctly, after you finish a run, you can start over again at increased difficulty and see how far you get.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Anything I can clear up, let me know.

Originally long term motivation was supposed to come through Arkfalls and instances and PvP. The scaling mechanic that was added later on seriously hurt the enjoyability of PvE content though. I am under the impression that they took some steps to fix it, as the last Dark Matter arkfall I went to was enjoyable enough.

Right now the content for players after the story content is done (though it can be replayed) is

Open World: Arkfalls (major and minor), Sieges (infected and volge), Incursions. These all get marked on the map with big red, blue or yellow circles. Anyone in the area scroes points based on participation and gets rewards accordingly.

Instances: are unlocked based on your EGO rating. They were quite fun until the level scaling which broke them, allowing high EGO characters to oneshot everything. Hard mode versions of instances got added with one of the DLCs.

Arkbreaks: are instanced arkfalls called down by players. Minor ones are aimed at one team. Major ones at around 20 people.

Thorn Liro Arena (castithan charge pack) : standard survival against 5 rounds of enemies.

Gunslinger Trials: in reality another arena mode but with slightly more interesting objectives

Expeditions: mainly instance runs that have difficulty scaling that works. If I udnerstand correctly, after you finish a run, you can start over again at increased difficulty and see how far you get.

I ended up in a few of those (especially the siege I did was quite enjoyable), the Arkfalls where you end up inside some structure are by far the most fun ones (best rewards too it seems), the minor ones generally aren't that much fun it seems (either there's nobody doing them and they're frustratingly hard, one I literally had to solo) or they're swarmed and well, they're over before you can blink...

For the Arkbreaks I assume the quests explain how they work? I did some of that questchain (but not all) before I realized I had started on DLC content and went back to the "regular" main quest and EGO explained that I could now call down Arks in decaying orbit, but how to actually go about it, beats me... If the later quests clear that up I'll just have to take those on before I continue the main quests (if they don't then I need to find some explanation though)

And another EU gaming session behind me :)

Part 3 - Day 4:

After small break I took another gaming session. This time it really looked to be boring session. The plan was to do some research and build some manufactories and fortifications, and rebuild my army.

Before I was able to rebuild it, the Royal Marriage with France expired, and right away, they attacked me together with Poland-Lithuania and Genoa. Right after that, all other big powers started to wage war against me, except Spain. I was just happy that Poland-Lithuania was pretty decimated, because never-ending revolt in their realm, but with France it was another story. They have amassed really big army this time. First I was able to take two of their provinces, but after I had to move some soldiers to war against Turkey, they took it back and with the help of Genoa, they took two of my provinces as well.

If I wanted to win this war, I had to prepare working plan. First I concentrated all my available soldiers on Poland-Lithuania and Turkey. I conquered one Polish and one Turkish province. Unfortunately it was not enough to accept my peace offers. I had to attack another province in each of the empire. After some struggles, Turkey offered me Galicia and Poland-Lithuania offered Wallachia in exchange for peace, which I gladly accepted :) This solved all the trouble in the east, so I left just few soldiers to solve local rebellions, and started to prepare for France and Genoa. Meanwhile the game after 36 months of inactivity offered me some white peace with few countries, which waged war against me, but were to far away to do anything. Only power, which could make some trouble for me was Denmark, because they had pretty big navy, so I decided to accept the first peace they offered me, and pay them 250 Ducats.

After getting peace with most of the countries, I got back one of my provinces occupied by France and took Genoa province. But to completely annex Genoa, I had to conquer Corsica as well. That looked like trouble, because they had pretty big army blockading my harbours. I risked it and took all my ships into the sea, which was enough to push their ships away. I had to patrol the sea around Corsica for few months, until it was safe enough for disembarkation of my troops. After a while, I conquered Corsica as well, and with it, I have annexed Genoa Republic. With the annexation, I got all of their remaining ships, which helped me a lot in the remaining war against France.

Unfortunately, lot of my provinces started rebelling, because of war exhaustion, so I made a final move to take back last of my provinces, which were occupied by France. And right after that, I rather offered them peace, which they accepted. War was finally over, and I gained another four provinces to my realm. This one was so far the hardest to win, because France had much bigger army than I had. Thankfully my allies helped me lot. Alliance with the Netherlands was really good choice!

The year is 1632 and only 3 Victory points behind Spain now :) But again, I will take day or two break from the game :)

• Like 1

I ended up in a few of those (especially the siege I did was quite enjoyable), the Arkfalls where you end up inside some structure are by far the most fun ones (best rewards too it seems), the minor ones generally aren't that much fun it seems (either there's nobody doing them and they're frustratingly hard, one I literally had to solo) or they're swarmed and well, they're over before you can blink...

For the Arkbreaks I assume the quests explain how they work? I did some of that questchain (but not all) before I realized I had started on DLC content and went back to the "regular" main quest and EGO explained that I could now call down Arks in decaying orbit, but how to actually go about it, beats me... If the later quests clear that up I'll just have to take those on before I continue the main quests (if they don't then I need to find some explanation though)

The interior Arkfalls are the Arkbreaks. You'll get Arkspikes as part of your daily login rewards. You find one of the spots marked on your map for it. Plant the spike and it calls down the arkbits. At a minor site you plant 1 spike. At a major site you need to plant 4.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Still on Dragon Age Inquisition and I'm really annoyed with Biofail for not fixing a bug that I've seen reported repeatedly on their forums for almost a year. (Discovered that when I went searching for a solution.)

Grappling Chain stopped working a week ago. It fails to reel in any kind of enemy period. Tried starting new game, tried reinstalling and repatching the thing (PS4), and it doesn't function at all.

This is why I don't buy stuff EA makes. I thought, just maybe, they'd put more effort into their console products. I was quite incorrect in that assumption. :banghead:

DAI is probably the buggiest game I've played. Its the first where the bugs actually impacted my enjoyment of the game at least. Two major bugs I've encountered, one where periodically during combat something happens and its like there are invisible obstacles on the ground. I can move until I hit one then have to jump over it to continue. It continues after combat and I can't loot bodies or chests. Saving and reloading fixes it. The other one was when sitting in judgement it will load for up to 5 minutes then let me run around with the assembly and the one I'm judging standing in the room rather than starting the cutscene.

I really enjoy the game but the last few patches have been almost exclusively multiplayer garbage, yet bugs like that still happen.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I recently upgraded my box so I'm finally enjoying the pleasures of GTA V and finding it very entertaining, I might actually complete this one.  Also getting into the Bioshock Infinite DLC but the return to Rapture feels a bit cheap, it only re-enforces my opinion that the combat system is not as fun as the original Bioshock.

The biggest surprise is that my new PC runs Oblivion at a solid 60fps in every location...I genuinely thought this game was so badly optimised that even brute force wouldn't yield much of an improvement.

I've been playing DAI, but I'm getting the itch to restart the game with a different character.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I've been playing DAI, but I'm getting the itch to restart the game with a different character.

I started with a sword and board warrior and put about 12 hours into it and wasn't really enjoying it, however I've since switched to a mage and am at level 14 after 20 hours in and having a bit more fun with the game.  I just completed the new Descent DLC which was alright, good for gear, but I find it odd how you're able to do the dlc after level 10, or after skyhold, however all the gear you find within the dlc is geared towards level 18-20 characters.  Sure, they're all pretty purples, but you can use them.  That was an odd choice, however I'm back to the main story for now and finally am picking my specialization.  

I decided to hold off on the Witcher for now as they patch it up and expansions come out; and just trying to complete one long RPG on the console at a time lol