What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

I'm surprised there's no discussion of the latest Dragon Age Inquisition DLC.  Haven't played it, but every review I've read suggests it's kind of a waste of time.  Bad story, bland new characters, and back to the old tunnel approach where the maps seem so constrictive.  The only positive I've seen is the combat is tougher.

What happened to Bio making solid DLC?  They've sort of gone the quantity over quality approach, whereby they add filler just for the sake of a]earning more money and b]saying there's DLC content so no one can complain.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm surprised there's no discussion of the latest Dragon Age Inquisition DLC.  Haven't played it, but every review I've read suggests it's kind of a waste of time.  Bad story, bland new characters, and back to the old tunnel approach where the maps seem so constrictive.  The only positive I've seen is the combat is tougher.

What happened to Bio making solid DLC?  They've sort of gone the quantity over quality approach, whereby they add filler just for the sake of a]earning more money and b]saying there's DLC content so no one can complain.

What happened? Merger with EA... Regardless of what people like to believe about these things, merging with a large entity changes the focus of the company.

Studio's Focus: Make good games that get us paid.

Post-Merger Executive Mandate: Minimize costs and maximize profits. i.e. Make as much money as you can from as little effort and expenditure as possible.

That change in focus is how WoW: Cataclysm evolved from a free update to an aging Azeroth, to an expansion that cost money with half the usual content. It's the direct result of Activision's meddling. (You have to look at statements made before and after the merger to get the whole story. I happened to notice as it happened.) Cataclysm was the first expansion developed under the new ownership and it's why I cancelled my account and haven't been back. Activision changed the focus of Blizzard to create more content focused on habituation and mass-appeal.

An easy way to look at it is this... What did a studio sell in their online store before and after a merger. Blizzard only sold games and expansions, and now the place is a boutique filled with all manner of virtual garbage you don't need.

Edited by Luridis

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

I actually played through this DLC last week and talked a little about it.  I will say I still haven't completed the campaign, but heard that you could start the DLC after you reach Skyhold around level, so since I was level 12, I decided to try out it.  I will say that the battles are considerably harder than anything I've seen in the campaign so far.  You definitely to choose more strategy even on normal difficulty.  The story is okay, nothing to remember past the end credits.  You have two companions that travel with you throughout the campaign which took me a handful of hours.  There are expeditions to prolong the DLC, but the one thing I will say was nice about the DLC was the loot, however all the loot that I found was for level 18 and up, so I couldn't even use it which was kind of odd, but you do get a bunch of schematics which could be helpful to others.

The gameplay is pretty straightforward being that it's mainly corridors which makes sense being in mines.  They really do pack a lot of story or lore into this DLC which was kind of disheartening.  I haven't played the previous DLC, Jaws of Hakkon or whatever, but I was hoping for a little bit more from this DLC.  Fine enough to play through, and if you're hankering for more gameplay, might as well, but if not and just want to check it out, definitely wait for a sale.

I decided to take a break from doing the main plot missions in X3: Albion Prelude to get back to my trading empire building.  I bought my 6th transport and my 6th station, going high-tech for the first time with a drone manufacturing plant.  Generally speaking, high-tech is high risk/high reward.  The potential profit to be made is greater, but high-tech products tend to be a lot more specialized, hence locating buyers can be a problem, whereas something like ore is easy to sell because it's needed almost everywhere, so while you don't make massive profit, the income is steady, hence why I like building ore mines so much, they're reliable.  With high-tech plants, finding a location where you have buyers is top priority.  I found just such a spot in a highly militarized area of the galaxy.  There are a whole bunch of military installations spread around 4 or 5 sectors, all of them needing fighter drones, and there isn't a drone factory for a dozen sectors in all directions.  Unsurprisingly, these military installations constantly have little or no drones on hand, on account of nowhere to get them from nearby and it being highly impractical to get them from a quarter of the galaxy away.  Building a drone factory  smack dab in the middle of the sectors makes sure I always have eager buyers for my products.

Getting the resources I need to keep the factory running is a somewhat less rosy predicament.  The factory needs 3 resources to produce drones: energy cells, silicon wafers, and massom powder.  The energy cells are a piece of cake, there is a solar power plant one sector away and several more a couple sectors in the other direction, nice, easy, reliable resource.  The massom powder and silicon are a bit more iffy.  There is a massom mill just 1 sector away, but it's usually woefully understocked and there isn't another one anywhere near.  The closest silicon mine is a whopping 5 sectors away, thankfully it's usually well stocked as there are very few installations that use silicon wafers in the general area (one of the reasons I don't just build my own silicon mine nearby) and there are solar power plants nearby to keep it full of resources.  Another good bit of news is that high-tech facilities, like a drone factory, tend to produce products and chew up resources slowly, so I only need to get resources for the plant once in a long while.  With high-tech plants you'll go through long periods of no sales, and quick bursts of high profit, as opposed to the slow but more consistent trickle of profit from more generalized installations.  I'm not particularly worried about the silicon wafers, I think that one silicon mine will keep me stocked well enough, but I am worried about the massom powder.

I see several solutions:

1) Build my own massom mill nearby.  This comes with the caveat that I then have to keep the facility supplied with scruffin fruit, luckily scruffin farms are at least a little bit more plentiful in the area (there are 2).

2) I could attach both a massom mill and a scruffin farm to my drone factory, turning it into a complex.  This option would entail the greatest out of pocket expense to start, as I'd have to buy both the massom mill and the scruffin farm, as well as 2 complex construction kits to connect all the facilities.  In the long run, though, it would make for a highly efficient facility that only relies on silicon wafers and energy cells.  In theory I could also have attached a silicon mine to my complex, further reducing my resource requirements down to just energy cells, but that would have required building my drone factory in a far less ideal location as far as nearby customers go, since you can't just build a silicon mine anywhere (like you can a drone factory, massom mill, or scruffin farm), a silicon mine needs to be built on an asteroid, and one that is rich in silicon.

3) I can set up a program for my transport pilot where I have them not only service my drone factory, but also monitor the nearby massom mill's resource levels (I have a satellite in that sector, so I always can see supply levels and prices) and supply that mill with the resources it needs (scruffin fruit and energy cells) whenever it gets low.  I can do this with a drone factory since there is so much downtime with a high tech installation because the products take a long time to manufacture and the resources are consumed slowly, thus that transport should have ample time to service another station while still attending to the duties of my own station (whereas I couldn't do this were it an ore mine which constantly churns out product and goes through resources).  This way I highly raise the probability of the massom mill being well stocked when I need to buy from it and I make a little bit of extra profit to boot when selling resources to the mill.  This seems like the best way to go.

Don't build silicon mines in Empire, they nerfed them to the point of uselessness between X3 and X3TC. (AB is an addon to X3TC.) The result is that you can find tons of lowest price silicon as a result, and by low, I mean lower than you can make it out of a closed-loop complex. i.e. If you have to buy energy, even if you own your own mine, it will still cost more.

If you don't mind the pirates being out for your blood, as they likely eventually will be anyway, find Dukes Transports traveling through border sectors and shoot them up till they bail out. Then use the repair laser on the hull and outfit the ship minimally... a cheap shield and max engine tunings, since you're in Empire. Park these at near by silicon mines and buy up the silicon when it reaches bottom and leave it in the bay till you need it. You'll likely only have to make rounds once in a while.

It sounds like you're early on in the game. Some people might mention Universe Traders to you but don't bother. Those guys won't do well until you have hundreds of millions in your account. They also like large, moderately fast, well shielded transports like the Drake, which is preferred for the role and will set you back several million credits. Plus, without a jump drive and at least an M7, you'll have trouble digging them out if something bad happens, like an invasion.

• Like 1

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

Europa Universalis Part 5 -

Day 6:

On Friday, just before my vacation, I decided to launch the game for an hour or so. After doing some upgrades to my infrastructure, I noticed, that Turkey is starting to amass pretty big army in Bulgaria. Looking at that, I decided to do a preventive strike against them. Unfortunately, my former friends decided to dishonor our alliance :( So I used this opportunity, to join French/Portugal/Scotland alliance right away. I few regiments of soldiers into Turkish provinces of Bulgaria and Macedonia, and this was, when Lorraine and Poland-Lithuania decided to join the heathens and declared a war to me as well. I put all of my western troops to attack Lorraine, which now consisted of only two provinces. And I put the rest of the troops, which were closest to the north, to defend against Poland-Lithuania. Unfortunately I had not enough, so quickly I have lost the province of Kustrin, but I was able to defend Silesia. Thankfully my new French friends helped me a lot against them, and I was able to recapture Kustrin.

But, just before I recaptured my lost province, my former allies (Netherlands/Hanover/Brandenburg) with the help of Hanseatic League decided to declare war on me as well :( I called French to the rescue again, and I have slowly started to lose and win some of my provinces. First thing I have done, was peacing out with Turkey, so I would not need to defend on three fronts. While defending against Poland, I captured Bulgaria and Macedonia from Turkey, and decimated most of their armies. So they offered me peace with Macedonia included. I planned to capture at least two or three provinces from them, but the sudden twist in war, forced me to peace out  with them ASAP. I had to accept this peace, if I did not wanted to lose the war against my former allies.

The second thing, which I have decided, was to crush Lorraine. After few months, I completely destroyed their armies, captured both of their provinces and after this, to annex them. Meanwhile French and Netherlands had lot of clashes, and because I was not directly threatened by them, I decided to go against Brandenburg. First French captured one of their two provinces. French got this province as an offer for peace, and then I was able to capture their capital for me, which meant one more province in my empire through annexation.

French and Netherlands were still struggling against each other. Because Hanover was spamming me with peace offers demanding 250 ducats from me, I decided to push against them and Hanseatic league. After a while I was able to annex Hanover and their two provinces and started to push against Hanseatic League. In this moment Venice declared war on me. The war started to last much much longer, than I have planned in th end. Soon the war exhaustion would lead to lot of my provinces starting to rebel.

Seeing that Hanseatic League has crazy good fortifications, I decided to offer them 250 Ducats for peace and attack at once at three fronts, and hope to end this war before to much rebellions break out. I put all my money into building armies in Austria and Bohemia provinces, which brought me 32,000 infantry units each two months. Because meanwhile some luck was on my side, Spain decided to declare war on Poland-Lithuania as well, and this meant, that I had easy prey in north east. French captured Krakow and Western Pommerania, I was able to recapture Kustrin and capture Western Prussia. This was when they decided to offer us peace and we gladly accepted. All captured provinces got their new rulers.

Meanwhile French and Netherlands decided to peace out because both of them were loosing loads of troops without capturing each others provinces. The war exhaustion started to break out in my territories, so I put two big armies to Netherlands, three assigned to Venice and one to travel around my Reich and clear out the rebellions. Soon I captured Kleves and Hessen from Netherlands, and they offered me Kleves in exchange for peace. After thinking this through for a while, I rather decided to accept the offer and stop pushing for them. Hessen would be much better choice, but the rebellions started to erupt more often.

Now I was at war with Venice only, so I put the remaining troops from Polish and Netherlands borders to go against rebellions and continue to push against Venice. I slowly pushed against them, but because they still had pretty big armies, they did not want to accept any kind of peace. Thankfully I had still lot of money to produce troops in Austria and Bohemia, so after a while I was able to capture three of their provinces. After this they finally decided to offer me peace and with it the provinces of Albania and Mantua. The war was not over yet though. I was still at war with Algiers and Persia. Lot of my provinces were rebelling, so I rather decided to offer them some Ducats for peace despite their almost non-existent troops. Waiting for automatic white peace after 24 month of non-aggression would cost me much more Ducats, because of all the rebellions.

The war was finally over and slowly all of the rebellions calmed down. I wanted only to push heathens little bit more out of Europe, but half of Europe decided to turn against me. I ended up with 10 more provinces, completely destroying three nations. It means that I have very few enemies now, but I did not wanted to wage war against European nations anymore. Well at least I was able to win this war, before losing to much to rebellion. Time for bed and vacation :p

Day 7:

After four days I came back home and started for my game for 40 short minutes. I noticed that Turkey lost their merchant outpost in Gambia, because they all died out due to attrition, so I used the opportunity and sent out my colonist there. I was successful, and now I control my second colony :) I sent few more hundred colonists to Dakar as well, and formed an army there, just in case. The rest of the time, I have put some money into relationships with Spain, France, Scotland and Portugal. Upgraded as much of my provinces as possible, started to sent out merchants to various Center of Trades (out of which I own three), to recoup some of the financial loses during the war. And build up big army near Turkish borders. I do not want to start another big war again, but before I started out playing EU, I set my goal to unite Austria-Hungary and to push Turks out of Europe. The first goal I was able to achieve in 1566. Meanwhile I was able to become the most powerful nation in the game which was really unexpected from me, but I still would love to achieve this goal before the game ends in 1792. I have still 120 years to go.

Good game!

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'm playing through DAI DLC "THE DESCENT" right now.  While I agree with SadExchange its weird the loot is all geared towards high end despite being able to get to the area much earlier (I guess they are assuming you've already done the other expansion?  I haven't yet), so far I haven't a problem with the DLC (and the schematics have given me some pretty powerful crafted items without worrying about the level on the stuff I'm finding).  Combat is a lot harder, even with some solid equipment I'm not blasting through enemies or anything.  There does seem to be a few points with enemies that will respawn until you defeat a specific darkspawn, which makes getting mobbed pretty easy and provides a different challenge in combat (but not an unreasonable one; I think it approximates the idea of a darkspawn horde laying around in the deep roads pretty well).

I imagine ones enjoyment of it will be based on how much you've liked any of the deep roads stuff in previous games.   Thankfully I've played through the game before so the fact I'm probably going to come out of this overpowered isn't really a big issue for me.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

20 hours into GTA V and still loving the game.  They've made missions a bit easier and that's fine by me, previous games often frustrated the hell out of me with their massive checkpoint gaps.  Also the humour is right up my street, utter and complete contempt for basically everything!  :bat:

I like Until Dawn. Feels like a solid teen slasher flic. It's good a bunch of cheesy jump scares and I like them. But I'm mainly propelled along by the mystery of what's going on.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So.. uh.. I was in the mood for some retro space adventure and remembered that Elite: Dangerous has been out for a while now and surely must have gotten more content by now. I'm not that interested in buying a game piece by piece so I went to their store to see if I could buy the entire game at once. I could..

Elite_zps6g0k8xqq.png

175€. That's $200 for you fatties.

Yeeaaah.. No.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's 'multiplayer only' anyway. You can play single, but it's the weaker campaign, you know like every game since 2010. So tired of all the things that get broken as a matter of course when designing a game around multiplayer coop. It's always online too, for those who still care about that. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Just a couple years ago it seemed like we had a veritable bounty of proper space sims heading our way, then X: Rebirth turned out to be utter rubbish, Elite: Dangerous turned out to be a quasi-MMO, and Star Citizen is still just a bucket load of promises that may or may not materialize at some point.  And this is why I keep going back to play X3: Albion Prelude.

I started playing Crookz - The Big Heist.  So far the game seems like it's 80% planning and 20% action, which is fine with me, I enjoy studying a place, analyzing its defenses, and formulating a plan of action to deal with said defenses.  I suppose this likely somewhat mirrors what real professional thieves do, granted I'm not one myself, so I can't speak from experience.  Still, I imagine the vast majority of the time and effort for a burglary, I mean a big time professional heist, not a liquor store stick-up, is spent casing the joint, finding the security systems used, figuring out guard patterns, etc.  The actual robbery itself may be a matter of minutes while the planning may take weeks.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I wish GOG would bring the X-games to their web :( I am so much disappointed about what turned out out of everything promised :/

Europa Universalis

Part 6 - Day 8:

I have used the long lasting peace to build up my research and province infrastructure and of course build more troops at the Turkish borders. I have also put a lot of money into improving the relations with my allies, and Spain and Venice to the maximum, so I can be sure they would not attack me, if someone declared war on me. During time of peace the Military alliance expired, so I decided to take a lead and form the alliance again, but this time, I have invited Venice as well and made the current alliance with France, Portugal, Scotland and Venice one of the most powerful in the world. Unfortunately despite having very high relation with Scotland, I was unable to turn them into my vassals :( We'll see how it will go in nest few years.

In the end, I have decided, that I want to push them out of Europe. After building up, I declared war on them, and immediately attacked 3 of their provinces. After a while, I conquered Bujak and Hellas, so I moved few more troops to Bulgaria, but before conquering this province, Netherlands and Hanseatic League and their allies, including Poland-Lithuania and England declared war on me as well. I have left some soldiers next to Turkey started big production of armies in Bohemia and Austria and slowly moved my armies to the north. This time, I decided to not attack Poland, and just defend my provinces.

I moved all my armies in the west into three provinces of Hanseatic League. Meanwhile I have conquered Bulgaria and Turkey offered me peace in exchange for Bujak and Bulgaria, which was promptly accepted from my side. I have left only one smaller army there to sort out rebellions and moved forward to push against Hanseatic League. After a while I have conquered all of their provinces and ended war with another annexation. Right after that, I have paid 250 Ducats to their Danish allies to end the war. They accepted, so I moved all of my remaining troops to Netherlands. After conquering two of their provinces, they offered me Hessen for peace. One more province in my Reich :)

Just to be sure to not get again into endless rebellions from war exhaustion, I have peaced out with England for 250 Ducats as well, and that meant end of another successful war for Austria. During the war I have reached maximum technology level for Infrastructure, so now I have more money to spent on Trade and Army upgrades :)

In the coming time of peace, I was able to upgrade my colony in Gambia to small city, and I was successful at forming a colony in Malacca (part of current Malaysia). Unfortunately Austria produces only 100 colonists per year, and not all of them are successful at expanding colonies, so it will be long time until I will be able to achieve my current goal of colonizing Malaysia and Singapore provinces.

Edited by Mamoulian War

I'm on potentially the most time consuming mission in the main plot of X3: Albion Prelude.  My goal is to capture a Xenon L and bring it to the Beryll Station.  Now, fighting a Xenon L (a heavy fighter) with my Argon Centaur corvette isn't a problem, I've destroyed many Ls and even larger Xenon ships like LXs and Ps (I want to capture one of those in the future, when I have the means).  The problem is that an L is too small a ship to use boarding tactics on, not to mention that I don't have a ship that fires boarding pods right now and spacewalk boarding is tricky as hell.  A Xenon L must be captured and Xenon ships have notoriously low bail rates.  It doesn't help that the bail rate when using Ion Disruptors was nerfed, so it's a much less reliable tactic than it used to be.  Basically I just need to keep trying until a Xenon L gets abandoned after I smash its shields and put a couple holes in the hull.  It will happen sooner or later, potentially much later.  I'll be quite happy when this mission is over.  Hopefully the rng gods help me out.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

MGS V: The Phantom Pain.

It's pretty awesome, it's not "open-world" the way most other games are however, missions are restricted to a certain zone which you can't leave.  

Oh yeah, the shop brought the game earlier than the release, just like with The Witcher 3. Got the day one edition.  :biggrin:

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

MGS V: The Phantom Pain.

It's pretty awesome, it's not "open-world" the way most other games are however, missions are restricted to a certain zone which you can't leave.  

Oh yeah, the shop brought the game earlier than the release, just like with The Witcher 3. Got the day one edition.  :biggrin:

I'm looking forward to this game.  Probably will do the lazy thing and buy it online, so it won't arrive until a couple of days after release.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I started playing Hitman Go on my phone and it's surprisingly good so far.  It was a whole dollar so I scooped it up thinking "what's the worst that can happen?". According to Google Play the game has microtransactions, though I've yet to see any, granted I only just started.  I'm wondering how microtransactions would even work in this game?  It doesn't seem to have anything resembling traditional energy bars like microtransaction games tend to use, giving you the choice of waiting 12 hours or paying them money and you can keep playing now.  Maybe they use the Valve model of "Hey, you like hats don't you?  For a few dollars you can have this shiny hat."  I suppose there might be a straight up paywall of pay more money for the next set of levels.  Considering I spent a whole dollar on the game, if the next set of levels is also only a dollar, I'll probably do it.  Anyway, I played it on the bus ride in to work this morning and I had a lot of fun with it.  It's a pretty clever little puzzle game.  Just reaching the goal is usually not too hard, but doing the optional challenges takes a bit of thought.

I think a Tomb Raider version of this type of game is coming out or already has come out on some platforms, I think it's called Lara Croft Go, or something like that.  Once it shows up on Android, I'll likely scoop that up too.  I'm more excited for that than Rise of the Murder Simulator.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Finished Until Dawn last night.

Lost Matt when he was attacked by a Wendigo and hung on a spike. The game implied it's because I didn't have the flaregun. Which I guess is because I grabbed the flaregun before turning power onto the radio, so Matt fired it off and wasted it. It also implied that he was put in danger because I kept trying to save Emily while Emily was being a bitch. And that Emily was being a bitch because I had Matt side with Jess earlier.

I lost Chris when he and the old guy went looking for Josh. I failed a "don't move" and the old man died. Chris ran for it, fighting for his life, but then there was a barrel I could shoot and I hesitated.

Jess died when I chose to have her run instead of push through a barricade. But she probably would have died anyway. The game implied that Matt, if he had lived, would have been down there with her. I doubt Jess could have pushed through the barricade alone.

I had high hopes for Sam surviving, but I failed another "don't move" right at the very end. She basically sacrificed herself to save Mike.

Those don't move segments are hard. I think I'm going to play the final segment over again until I get that **** figured out.

It also sucks that two out of my three survivors are cowardly garbage. They literally ran away and left Mike and Sam to die. I expect better Ashley, for shame.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finished Until Dawn last night.

Lost Matt when he was attacked by a Wendigo and hung on a spike. The game implied it's because I didn't have the flaregun. Which I guess is because I grabbed the flaregun before turning power onto the radio, so Matt fired it off and wasted it. It also implied that he was put in danger because I kept trying to save Emily while Emily was being a bitch. And that Emily was being a bitch because I had Matt side with Jess earlier.

I lost Chris when he and the old guy went looking for Josh. I failed a "don't move" and the old man died. Chris ran for it, fighting for his life, but then there was a barrel I could shoot and I hesitated.

Jess died when I chose to have her run instead of push through a barricade. But she probably would have died anyway. The game implied that Matt, if he had lived, would have been down there with her. I doubt Jess could have pushed through the barricade alone.

I had high hopes for Sam surviving, but I failed another "don't move" right at the very end. She basically sacrificed herself to save Mike.

Those don't move segments are hard. I think I'm going to play the final segment over again until I get that **** figured out.

That's one of the few games that give me PS4 envy.  It looks like the kind of game David Cage would make, if he were competent.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Satellite Reign

Oh man, I hope this lives up to the expectations and is the Syndicate game people have been waiting for.  :biggrin:

This is the type of real-time strategy game I can play, I can't do traditional RTSs with large armies and base building and resource management, my feeble brain just can't handle all that in real-time, not very well, anyway.  But you give me a squad-based real-time strategy, yeah, I can get down on that.  I loved Dawn of War II and this would probably be even more up my alley, since it's likely more stealth/deception-based and not purely combat-focused.  I look forward to hearing your impressions, Shady (or anyone else playing this game, for that matter).

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Europa Universalis

Part 7 - Day 9:

And again, I decided to upgrade infrastructure as much as possible and continue in pushing Turkey out of Europe. The war was this time very short, but as before, as soon as I started to attack Turkey, Denmark and Poland-Lithuania declared war on me. Meanwhile I was producing some more colonists as well, so to focus more on the colonization attempts, I decided to make fast peace, first with Turkey (I got Obrudja and Rumelia as a compensation) and then with Poland-Lithuania (I got Bessarabia from them). The latter peace was kind of bad-managed from me, and I regret now to go for it so fast. Because trying to Podolia province as well, would help me little bit more with logistics of my troops when waging war with Turkish-Crimea alliance. Well I still have to push for three more Turkish provinces, so I believe, that as soon as I declare war on them again, I'll be attacked by Poland again, and I could get this province later.

Right after that I signed peace with Denmark and England again, and everything went back to normal. Put some money into upgrading the relations with some countries and I reached maximum level for Trade research.

While I was in war I accumulated 300 colonists, which I put into good use, and upgraded Malacca colony to small city and colonized Kuala Lumpur province. This two province are trading in Spices, which is one of the best priced commodities in EU, so the boost which I got into my Center of Trade in Naples was pretty significant. In the comming years I put more colonists into Kuala Lumpur and built amongst others manufactories, one in Malacca as well, which in the end made the population there more comfortable to live :)

Well it ended up as little bit shorter update, but there is no need for wall of text every time :)

Anyway, I wanted to add some screens as well, but somehow the function of adding attachment to my Obsidz account is disabled :( Well, I will have to use some external service then, but making one more account at another website, sighs... I am losing track of all of my accounts already...

EDIT: any recommendations for a solid website, which I can use for my kind of Let's Plays, which will not require me, for signing in with them, to give them all the private details of my whole family and all of our cats and dogs?

Edited by Mamoulian War