What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

I just host images with puush and imgur. *shrug*

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Ok thanks, just one more question. Do you know if I publish some images on imgur, can I add more of them later to the same link without account?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Ok thanks, just one more question. Do you know if I publish some images on imgur, can I add more of them later to the same link without account?

Each image is a separate page, you can probably group them together in a folder, but that likely requires an account (I never tried).  You can add as many as you want, you can even upload a whole bunch at once and it will create all the links for you, but they'll all be separate pages.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Uh...that's not quite true. You can combine image pages like this: https://imgur.com/dQpy1CY,h99aFTj (note the comma in the link)

You can also upload an album of images, which will all render on the same page, but I've never done it...but I know it can be done.

Keep in mind that you can't delete the images unless you have an account (...or save the deletion links that only appear the very first time you upload).

(edit): Hey, there's a neat little option right there for my own images: https://imgur.com/a/7Rkpa

(edit): I forgot: yes, you can add new images to an already existing album. But Keyrock may be right in that you have you be signed in.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Thanks, Barty, glad you can give Mamoulian War better info.  I just kind of use imgur at the most shallow level, I never bothered learning much about it since the bare essentials are enough for my needs.

I decided to make a complex out of my drone factory in X3: Albion Prelude.  I bought 2 complex construction kits and a massom mill and a scruffin farm.  This removed massom powder as a necessary resource for the station (scruffin farm only needs energy cells, it produces scruffin flowers which are used my the massom mill, along with energy cells, to make massom powder, which is used by my drone factory), I only need energy cells and silicon wafers for the station to run (both are readily available).  Best of all, I set the station up to sell intermediate products (massom powder and scruffin fruit) as I can produce these faster than I use them, so that way I can make a little extra on the side.  Now back to using the jumpdrive on my Centaur to jump around sectors bordering Xenon sectors on the quest for capturing a Xenon L (this is probably going to take forever).  At least while I'm wasting time doing that my 6 stations are constantly making me money.  I'll likely build a solar power plant somewhere soon.  Solar power plants are very expensive to build, but they are so worth it.  They require no resources to run and produce the single most easily sold ware in the game, energy cells.  Pretty much everyone needs energy cells, you will always have customes unless you build in an area already saturated with solar power plants.  About the only caveat with power plants is finding a sector with both a fairly high sun rating (the higher the sun rating the more you produce per cycle) that doesn't already have several power plants.  If you find a good place to build a power plant you will have the most steady source of income imaginable.  It may not be massive burst of profit, but it's pretty much nonstop.

Edit: Crap, I forgot player owned power plants have crystals as a primary resource.  Personally I think this is kind of messed up as none of the AI controlled power plants have crystals as a primary resource, it;s always a secondary resource (secondary resources are irrelevant to production, whereas primary resources are essential).  I think there's a script out there that removes this handicap for a fee (in-game currency fee, not real world money fee).  If I can hunt this script down I'll use it.  Why should my power plants have an artificially tacked on disadvantage?

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Ok, thanks for the quick answers :) I will think about creating account then. Now that I started to play more on PC again, I might find it useful :p

Thanks, Barty, glad you can give Mamoulian War better info.  I just kind of use imgur at the most shallow level, I never bothered learning much about it since the bare essentials are enough for my needs.

I decided to make a complex out of my drone factory in X3: Albion Prelude.  I bought 2 complex construction kits and a massom mill and a scruffin farm.  This removed massom powder as a necessary resource for the station (scruffin farm only needs energy cells, it produces scruffin flowers which are used my the massom mill, along with energy cells, to make massom powder, which is used by my drone factory), I only need energy cells and silicon wafers for the station to run (both are readily available).  Best of all, I set the station up to sell intermediate products (massom powder and scruffin fruit) as I can produce these faster than I use them, so that way I can make a little extra on the side.  Now back to using the jumpdrive on my Centaur to jump around sectors bordering Xenon sectors on the quest for capturing a Xenon L (this is probably going to take forever).  At least while I'm wasting time doing that my 6 stations are constantly making me money.  I'll likely build a solar power plant somewhere soon.  Solar power plants are very expensive to build, but they are so worth it.  They require no resources to run and produce the single most easily sold ware in the game, energy cells.  Pretty much everyone needs energy cells, you will always have customes unless you build in an area already saturated with solar power plants.  About the only caveat with power plants is finding a sector with both a fairly high sun rating (the higher the sun rating the more you produce per cycle) that doesn't already have several power plants.  If you find a good place to build a power plant you will have the most steady source of income imaginable.  It may not be massive burst of profit, but it's pretty much nonstop.

Edit: Crap, I forgot player owned power plants have crystals as a primary resource.  Personally I think this is kind of messed up as none of the AI controlled power plants have crystals as a primary resource, it;s always a secondary resource (secondary resources are irrelevant to production, whereas primary resources are essential).  I think there's a script out there that removes this handicap for a fee (in-game currency fee, not real world money fee).  If I can hunt this script down I'll use it.  Why should my power plants have an artificially tacked on disadvantage?

Just out of curiosity (your posts have made me add this to my wishlist on Steam, so next time it's on sale I'll most likely buy it) is it possible to destroy competing production facilities? I assume you'd take some sort of faction hit or some sort of penalty, but was wondering if maybe it'd be worth it to blow up all the other solar plants in an area and build your own.

Finished Until Dawn last night.

Lost Matt when he was attacked by a Wendigo and hung on a spike. The game implied it's because I didn't have the flaregun. Which I guess is because I grabbed the flaregun before turning power onto the radio, so Matt fired it off and wasted it. It also implied that he was put in danger because I kept trying to save Emily while Emily was being a bitch. And that Emily was being a bitch because I had Matt side with Jess earlier.

I'm watching a let's play and reading up on tvtropes and apparently there's a choice earlier that affects whether Matt fires the flare gun or not. Maybe it's the agree/disagree choice with Emily earlier?

Comment under the spoiler.

Just out of curiosity (your posts have made me add this to my wishlist on Steam, so next time it's on sale I'll most likely buy it) is it possible to destroy competing production facilities? I assume you'd take some sort of faction hit or some sort of penalty, but was wondering if maybe it'd be worth it to blow up all the other solar plants in an area and build your own.

You can destroy pretty much any facility or ship in the game.  And yes, the race/faction under whose control the facility/ship that you destroy was will not take too kindly to you doing so.  Occasionally pirates or Xenon will attack and potentially destroy stations.  Be warned that the game has a steep learning curve and requires massive time investment to get to the point where you're owning capital ships and leading massive fleets, assuming that's your end goal.  

Edit:  Also, keep in mind that Albion Prelude is an expansion and requires Terran Conflict to play.  Look for the Terran War Pack on sale, it has both games.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

After a couple of weeks of not gaming, I deciding to push back into things. Although pondering on whether my gaming ocd will make me find all the Riddler trophies in Arkham Knight before going through the final sequence...

Also, Mad Max appears to be pre-loading on Steam now..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm surprised there's no discussion of the latest Dragon Age Inquisition DLC.  Haven't played it, but every review I've read suggests it's kind of a waste of time.  Bad story, bland new characters, and back to the old tunnel approach where the maps seem so constrictive.  The only positive I've seen is the combat is tougher.

What happened to Bio making solid DLC?  They've sort of gone the quantity over quality approach, whereby they add filler just for the sake of a]earning more money and b]saying there's DLC content so no one can complain.

I actually played through this DLC last week and talked a little about it.  I will say I still haven't completed the campaign, but heard that you could start the DLC after you reach Skyhold around level, so since I was level 12, I decided to try out it.  I will say that the battles are considerably harder than anything I've seen in the campaign so far.  You definitely to choose more strategy even on normal difficulty.  The story is okay, nothing to remember past the end credits.  You have two companions that travel with you throughout the campaign which took me a handful of hours.  There are expeditions to prolong the DLC, but the one thing I will say was nice about the DLC was the loot, however all the loot that I found was for level 18 and up, so I couldn't even use it which was kind of odd, but you do get a bunch of schematics which could be helpful to others.

The gameplay is pretty straightforward being that it's mainly corridors which makes sense being in mines.  They really do pack a lot of story or lore into this DLC which was kind of disheartening.  I haven't played the previous DLC, Jaws of Hakkon or whatever, but I was hoping for a little bit more from this DLC.  Fine enough to play through, and if you're hankering for more gameplay, might as well, but if not and just want to check it out, definitely wait for a sale.

It looks like the "real" expansion has been in the works. There was an accidental posting of the video by EA Spain. I'll admit this looks far more story driven than the last couple of DLC intros I have seen.

• Like 1

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. - Julius Caesar

:facepalm: #define TRUE (!FALSE)

I ran across an article where the above statement was found in a release tarball. LOL! Who does something like this? Predictably, this oddity was found when the article's author tried to build said tarball and the compiler promptly went into cardiac arrest. If you're not a developer, imagine telling someone the literal meaning of up is "not down". Such nonsense makes computers, and developers... angry.

Europa Universalis kind of LP

Part 8 - Day 10:

I started to play today, hoping that I would continue to build up my army and infrastructure, but almost immediately after the last peace-out France declared war to Spain, and Austria as a good alliance member, joined the fight as well. Spain was in Alliance with The Papal State and The Knights, so having the troops in Naples, I have attacked immediately The Papal State. After a while I have conquered the Apulia province and started moving to the Rome. Right after that, Turkish alliance and alliance of Netherlands declared war on me, too.

First thing I have done, was defend against numerous Turkish troops and slowly retaliate Netherlands troops while they were sieging my provinces. Netherlands this time had sent in my way all of their troops, and I was for the first time outnumbered. Thankfully I had almost 4000 Ducats saved, so I built two big armies in Bohemia and Austria immediately, which pretty much saved my ass big time. After few struggles with Turks and their allies I besieged The Cyclades and Morea and offered them peace for both of these provinces. Having lost almost all of their land troops and some ships, they had no other option than to accept.

With one of the enemies gone, I have let some troops to look out for rebells and moved all of my remaining troops, except one in Italy, against the super-big Netherlands army, which was ransacking my northern provinces. They already conquered three of them :( Meanwhile my Italian troop was helping out with sieging Rome, and after a few months, The Papal State was crushed, with Apulia going to me and Rome going to France. I was hoping to get both of them, but sometimes your plans are prone to fail :p I tried to go against The Knights as well. Their only province was on Rhodes Island was heavily fortified and there was almost no food, which meant that almost immediately after starting the siege, I lost half the my army and caused them almost no harm. I decided to retreat and after a while Spain offered me peace for 250 Ducats, which I rather accepted.

With Spain out of the way, it was time to go all out against Netherlands. Thankfully France have weakened them a little bit near their borders, so I was able to rebuild all of my lost troops and sting their big army. With big casualties on both sides, I was able to destroy them and after another few months I got back all of my lost provinces as well. I spent more than 4000 Ducats to be able to recover from big loses, which Netherlands caused me. And I think, they lost almost as much. Both of us ended up really decimated, so this time, the only option I had was to offer them white peace and pay Denmark 250 Ducats to immediately cease fire, because they were allied with China, which was causing big havoc in my colonies on Malay peninsula :( . All in all, I think I have lost more than 150,000 soldiers in this war!!!

Well time of peace arrived again, and in January, I got pretty big financial boost, because during this war, in my colony of Malacca was formed new very rich Center of Trade. This helped me with rebuilding some troops. I have checked the Relation standing with Venice and decided to give it little bit of boost as well. I was lucky and got up to 200 again. I checked them on month later, and to my surprise, the game offered me the option of diplomatic annexation, because they were my vassals for very long time. Little bit afraid I offered them to become part of my Reich, and they accepted. With this deal, seven Venice provinces have joined me. Spending big money on keeping good Relation with your allies is really worth it in this game.

During this war I was also able to upgrade Singapore colony to city, and 500 natives, still living there have became citizens as well. I built small army there as well, to be more ready for defense, if China decides to harass me again. I also sent another 100 colonists to Phuket, and after arriving there, I have successfully founded one more colony in South East Asia.

My personal goal of getting Turkey out of Europe has been fulfilled. The still have in Europe province of Thrace, but because it is their capital, the game does not allow to conquer it :( The plan for now, is to rebuild all of my armies, and to try to get as long peace as possible, because all the ex-Venice provinces will be prone to rebellions. It could be little bit hard this time, because after this annexation, I got into negative Relation with France, which might cause me some troubles in coming years. They grew pretty powerful in last few wars. Thankfully my Relation with Scotland, Spain and Denmark is pretty high now, so hopefully I will not be forced into all-out war again, like last time.

You can take their capital...but you have to have taken all surrounding provinces first (including territories separated by land unit-crossable straits)...at least, that's how it worked in previous patches (I've been off the game for a little now). I absolutely hate that: I'd rather that you simply have to pay a higher warscore cost for capitals.

Waiting for a particular mod to get updated for the latest patch before I start a new campaign.

I'm surprised there's no discussion of the latest Dragon Age Inquisition DLC.  Haven't played it, but every review I've read suggests it's kind of a waste of time.  Bad story, bland new characters, and back to the old tunnel approach where the maps seem so constrictive.  The only positive I've seen is the combat is tougher.

What happened to Bio making solid DLC?  They've sort of gone the quantity over quality approach, whereby they add filler just for the sake of a]earning more money and b]saying there's DLC content so no one can complain.

I actually played through this DLC last week and talked a little about it.  I will say I still haven't completed the campaign, but heard that you could start the DLC after you reach Skyhold around level, so since I was level 12, I decided to try out it.  I will say that the battles are considerably harder than anything I've seen in the campaign so far.  You definitely to choose more strategy even on normal difficulty.  The story is okay, nothing to remember past the end credits.  You have two companions that travel with you throughout the campaign which took me a handful of hours.  There are expeditions to prolong the DLC, but the one thing I will say was nice about the DLC was the loot, however all the loot that I found was for level 18 and up, so I couldn't even use it which was kind of odd, but you do get a bunch of schematics which could be helpful to others.

The gameplay is pretty straightforward being that it's mainly corridors which makes sense being in mines.  They really do pack a lot of story or lore into this DLC which was kind of disheartening.  I haven't played the previous DLC, Jaws of Hakkon or whatever, but I was hoping for a little bit more from this DLC.  Fine enough to play through, and if you're hankering for more gameplay, might as well, but if not and just want to check it out, definitely wait for a sale.

It looks like the "real" expansion has been in the works. There was an accidental posting of the video by EA Spain. I'll admit this looks far more story driven than the last couple of DLC intros I have seen.

Oi. That might just make me play DA:I again. Well, we'll see soon enough.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

You can take their capital...but you have to have taken all surrounding provinces first (including territories separated by land unit-crossable straits)...at least, that's how it worked in previous patches (I've been off the game for a little now). I absolutely hate that: I'd rather that you simply have to pay a higher warscore cost for capitals.

Waiting for a particular mod to get updated for the latest patch before I start a new campaign.

Manual says, that in EU 1 the Major Powers cannot be annexed (in Grand Campaign, Turkey is one of the Major Powers), so I would presume, that it is impossible to occupy their capital as well. Turkey is the only Major power which I have come so close to their capital, so I was never that close to victory over them.

I keep forgetting that you're playing EU1, not EU4. Whoops! Sorry! :p

I keep forgetting that you're playing EU1, not EU4. Whoops! Sorry! :p

Haha, no worries :p I never played any Paradox game except CK1 for a brief time :) So it was big unknown for me. Once I have seen all of their older games for sale on GOG, so I decided to give it a try and start from the oldest :) And I am having a blast!!!

• Like 1

It's tough to go back in an "iteration" series like Europa Universalis or Civilization if you've already played the latest ones first. I kind of did it going from Civilization 5 to Civilization 4...I thought Civ 4 was honestly at least a little better in some ways...but Civilization is just too danged shallow (and ahistoric, which means a lack of verisimilitude for me, which prevents me from really getting into it like I can games such as Europa Universalis). I don't think I'll ever really be able to go back and play the earlier EUs.

Then I think I have made the right choice to start from the oldest one :) The learning curve should not be so steep as well, like if I would start right away with newer games :)

• Like 1

Did the first three Chalice Dungeons, those randomized dungeons in Bloodborn. So far they are the weakest part of the game. Maybe they are more fun in coop. Part of the problem is, in my opinion, that there is no interesting loot at all. The lack of more weapons and armor is Bloodborns biggest disadvantage.

Then I think I have made the right choice to start from the oldest one :) The learning curve should not be so steep as well, like if I would start right away with newer games :)

Should have picked EU2 though as it is basically 1 with better features. But yeah I still play 2 from time to time, its very charming :)

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.