What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Almost done with PoE1. Got all the sidequest/tasks finished, max leveled everything, now I just need to push the main story along.

Edited by Sarex
  • Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Still playing Warframe.  Man, this game is freakin' fun.  I got the Hydroid warframe and I'm loving it.  It's a water-based caster warframe and has this awesome ability called Tidal Surge, which is basically Morphling's Waveform, to anyone who has played DotA.  I went ahead and tossed them some money, it's only right.  The game is f2p, the monetization isn't particularly aggressive, and, most importantly, the game is really fun.  I feel like I should reward a developer for making a good game and not being completely greedy double dipping scumbags (/glares menacingly in the direction of AAA publishers, particularly Activision/Blizzard and Electronic Arts).

As a Warframe "bittervet" (as they like to call it in the EVE community) it's always nice to hear the experiences of a new player, kinda helps keeping things in perspective. If I may ask, how was getting into the game? The new player experience has been notoriously bad for a very long time and it's something that still gets brought up fairly often. (I also assume you found the Warframe Wikia, if not, check it out, many interactions between systems are not, or badly documented in the game itself)

On that note I've also been playing Warframe quite a bit again lately, trying to complete my collection and especially acquiring some of the primes that will be "vaulted" next. I'm also finding I quite like Khora, there's something quite fun about running around with 2 huge Kavats (space kittehs!) mauling enemies ...

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

^ There is a daunting amount of systems and information for a new Warframe player (like myself) and while the game has plenty of tutorials available, it's just so much to try to take in.  The Wikia is pretty much a requirement to play the game.  That said, the basic gameplay is fun enough on its own that going through the rather steep learning curve hasn't bothered me.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Only just got my boat. Given that I'm playing on Story Mode, this is the first time I actually have to learn any of the game mechanics, hmm.

One fun thing is that I haven't even opened my inventory since they very start. I wonder if my default gun and clothes will let me survive to the end of the game.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Only just got my boat. Given that I'm playing on Story Mode, this is the first time I actually have to learn any of the game mechanics, hmm.

One fun thing is that I haven't even opened my inventory since they very start. I wonder if my default gun and clothes will let me survive to the end of the game.

I'm playing on hard and I just let the AI do its thing in fights while I watch in double speed.  :shrugz:

I, too, am at a point now where I just steamroll stuff. Started on relaxed with no level scaling except for the critical story path. The game had its hard moments, but they become much more rare now. Ship battles are sometimes really though. Doesn't help that I'm not very hot on the ship battles anyway due to the bug that makes the boarding minigame obsolete. Doesn't matter how many people you kill in it, once you start the boarding, the enemy ship is full with critters.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Beating the last of The Five Billionaires in Yakuza 0. 50 hours in and I am still on chapter 9 trying to finish the Real Estate side content. Once I am done with that I'll continue with the main story mission. 

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I don't think it is necessary to replay PoE1 before Yoga Fire. You're just burning yourself out. If you made it to your castle before, that's enough to understand the story.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm lost, what's the joke about "Yoga Fire"? Is it a reference to difficulty or lack thereof, or something else?

Shady's mobile auto corrected Deadfire into Yoga Fire. It's so awesome it stuck. xD

• Like 6

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I'm lost, what's the joke about "Yoga Fire"? Is it a reference to difficulty or lack thereof, or something else?

Shady's mobile auto corrected Deadfire into Yoga Fire. It's so awesome it stuck. xD

I can only assume that ShadySands is an avid Dhalsim player. :p

Gave PoE1 another go, Undead Raedric quickly reminded me why I quit in the first place.

I sure hope combat is way better in Deadfire.

The combat is worse because it isn't challenging at all.

Combat in PoE 1 just can't hold my interest. It seems just convoluted for the sake of it. Lots effects that might or might not work and then there's that annoying "engagement" mechanic to top it all off. If they'd put some of these "hard" bosses somewhere out of the way (see: Kangaxx) instead of on story paths I'd just skip them because, unlike Kangaxx (and the Unseeing Eye and their ilk) I really don't think these encounters (or the combat mechanics) are enjoyable.

I might just take it down yet another notch to Story Mode in hopes that that will allow me to mop up Raedric and the Adra Dragon without too much effort.

If PoE 2's combat is similar then it being easier at least might allow me to power past it.

I don't think it is necessary to replay PoE1 before Yoga Fire. You're just burning yourself out. If you made it to your castle before, that's enough to understand the story.

Oh, I didn't finish it the first time around. Apparently I got stalled at undead Raedric and lost interest.

• Like 1

PoE2 combat is a lot better than PoE1 combat, imo. But yes, it gets pretty easy rather quickly. I've already upped the difficulty a notch, which I really didn't thought I'd do. Thinking about increasing it one more.

Thing is, on lower difficulty levels you can just keep the party ai on and it'll wreck the mobs easily. On higher difficulty levels you'll have to micro-manage more, but due to this also wreck the mobs easily.

PS: I found out that I can just sink enemy ships and still get loot out of it, which means the boarding mechanic can be skipped entirely (then what exactly is the point of it?). Now I'm just spamming my cannons and then collect the scraps.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

I didn't find the combat in PoE1 particularly hard, but there was just so much of it and 90% of the time (or it felt like it) you got nothing more than slightly meaningful from it as you'd already maxed the xp and the loot was ultra generic. I think I got roflstomped by Raedric first try then went back later and crushed him easily so I will say this for PoE1, though it didn't feel like your characters were improving much each level practically they were.

While I'm not playing PoE2 the lowish difficulty seems to be a common observation. I presume that's from feedback and an attempt to get more people to actually finish the game.

• Like 1

Tried to finish PoE1 today, but a bugged quest killed my mood (farmers plight). Can't believe that they didn't fix it since the beta... Now I have to **** about with global flags to figure out how to complete the quest.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

tbf, there are still bugs in BGII:SoA questlines that can randomly happen after like 20 freaking years of modfixing, and mucking around with globals to fix them in that game is a disaster, too

• Like 3

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

While I'm not playing PoE2 the lowish difficulty seems to be a common observation. I presume that's from feedback and an attempt to get more people to actually finish the game.

No, its actually easy. I'm playing on veteran (which is the new name for hard) and I just let the basic AI do all the fighting (I haven't even customized the AI scripts).

I'm sure it is easy (or easier, at least, as we're habitual RPG players) since just about everyone is saying that. I'm just speculating on the reasons why it's easier, ie lots of complaints about combat and difficulty in the first game, and its low completion rate.

My new favourite game is Borderlands 2....

Killed a few raid bosses with my friends.

Got a level 72 Siren that I'm trying to get to OP1

A level 58 Commando that I'm trying to get the hang of

A level 52 Psycho which is my absolute favourite so far.

When not playing Borderlands 2, it's usually Age of Empires II (HD edition)

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Subahibi AKA Wonderful Everyday

This VN has a reputation for being dark. So dark that when they released it on Steam, they could only include the first chapter and you have to patch in all the rest from an off-Steam source.

Well I just finished that first chapter and... it's actually very sweet. Bittersweet at worst.

Reminds me of Angel Beats.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."