RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - 'NON-FAKE-NEWS EDITION'

Rosbjerg

I'm curious how they'll handle button mapping in Titan Quest for controllers.  With certain builds you can definitely fill up both mouse buttons and the 1 thru 0 keys with abilities that you use fairly regularly, how the heck do you map that to a controller?  I'm cringing at the idea of time slowing down and a radial menu popping up every time you want to use an ability outside of the 4 mapped to the face buttons.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Star Citizen drama (seems that's what Roberts produces most! :p)

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen-crytek-lawsuit

Crytek has filed a lawsuit against Cloud Imperium Games over the use of its Cryengine technology in Star Citizen, alleging that Crytek licensed the engine to CIG at a below-market rate in exchange for a prominent display of its trademarks in Star Citizen. That's no longer happening because the game is now running on Amazon's Lumberyard engine, but the problems actually started well before that.

"Defendants knew Crytek's right to display its trademarks and copyright notices in the Star Citizen video game and related marketing materials was a critical component of the GLA [Game License Agreement]. Yet, by at least September 24, 2016, Defendants' co-founder Chris Roberts publicly sought to minimize Crytek's contribution to Star Citizen, stating that 'we don't call [the video game engine] CryEngine anymore, we call it Star Engine'," the suit states.

"Shortly thereafter, Defendants removed Crytek trademarks and copyright notices from the Star Citizen video game and related marketing materials in breach of the GLA."

Supposedly there is a serious law team behind Crytek on this one.

This may actually be more than a desperate extortion lawsuit from a bankrupt ex.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I am so happy that Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky are in charge of the new Obsidian RPG. The last time Leonard Boyarsky was in charge of anything was during the development of Arcanum and Bloodlines. I miss those times.

• Like 4

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I wonder if that means that Titan Quest will be getting an update for controller support on Steam. That would be awesome :D

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The S. Korea, one-man (well, originally) developed action-y game that garned a lot of attention for being FFXV-inspired has a new combat demo. It looks pretty sweet. No clue if the game entire is any good, ofc. Oh and while inspired by, it probably won't play much like FFXV. I think ppl mostly went "looks like Noct." and went to town over that somewhat irrationally. Now ppl are saying it's closer to Devil May Cry?  Whatever, combat looks fun anyway.

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I am so happy that Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky are in charge of the new Obsidian RPG. The last time Leonard Boyarsky was in charge of anything was during the development of Arcanum and Bloodlines. I miss those times.

Too bad it's Take 2 that is behind it, I don't trust them not to cut out things and sell them back to us at a later date.

Edit; Nevermind that, just saw a post in the Obsidian General forum saying they don't have that in their contract.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Obsidian could finally tell what the heck they are working on. Isn't it like years already since we first heard about them doing whatever they do?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Obsidian could finally tell what the heck they are working on. Isn't it like years already since we first heard about them doing whatever they do?

Isn't that kind of the trend these days though? Hearing of a project years before it's revealed, then even waiting still after the reveal for a release.

Unless you're Sony or Bethesda, the industry standard is to wait until you're about a year out from launch to announce.

Which, given the standard reaction when a game takes longer than a year or two to come out after it's announced, is a good idea.

Just looking at the reactions on the Taleworlds forums, in response to Mount and Blades' sequal Bannerlords taking this long to make, I see why developers aren't as forthcoming with info as fans want.

• Like 4

Fortune favors the bald.

Hyped from the start about the project lead by Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky, but a bit curious about the game will be distributed (don't want to derail the thread).

Take2 have recently worked with Gog, I hope it has worked well, so if the game comes on Gog at release (no doubt about Steam ;)) I will be happy, if not, well I have learned to wait (in the hope to see it coming later then).

Same thing about Linux: if no Linux, I will have to wait for Wine to work it out.

So if it has both... *wink* *wink* ;)

• Like 2

Less than 2 hours to Tales of 22nd Anniversary Stream. Feeling a bit hyped, but will end up probably dissapointed...

The next year is 10th Anniversary for Tales of Vesperia, and I wrote to Santa, that I want this game remastered to PS4. One of the best Tales of games, but in the west only on Xbox360... And Bamco is still salty, that the game sold poorly in the west... Who in the right mind would release JRPG exclusively on dude-bro-console? :’(

Anyway if anyone is interested in 2 hour of japanese stream, here is the link:

https://youtu.be/-i8sWSj1ELs

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I will be excited for the new Obsidian project after I know what it is and see gameplay ;)

And I'm not too sure about that yet, seems like Pillars Of Eternity works better on a controller than mouse + keyboard, same could be said for Divinity Origin Sin and Shadow Tactics. I'm not just talking preference because I prefer mouse and keyboard in general but some games I never thought would be better on controller - just are. Maybe they are more responsive and just more natural feeling with the games.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

sadpanda.jpg

Not even the new Switch Tales game mentioned :’(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It's okay, watch this and you will feel better afterwards:

This game looks as if it was inspired by Nier: Automata which is a very good thing.

Also, holy ****! Sony is killing it with exclusives. PS4 is starting to remind me of the good ol' PS2 and with the Nintendo Switch having already sold 10 million units in its first year alone, I am starting to feel really bad for the Xbox getting mauled to death here. :p

• Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Yep.

PS4 is much better than everyone gives it credit for. That's the truth but unfortunately the gaming community usually works in opposites. Still, the PS4 can hold its own against pc, just with exclusives alone, easily.

So glad I have one and seeing games like this only just revalidates my purchase :)