RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - DA REAL DEAL

Rosbjerg

A Hat in Time can what Yookan't?!

Have to finish both sometime later until I can decide but if there was one game that really didn't deserve the hate it got this year, it was Yooka-Laylee...and PREY of course.  :grin:

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Well, well, well...lookie here: http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/news/how-activision-uses-matchmaking-tricks-to-sell-in-game-items-w509288

Now if all of that effort and money had went into making a good game, what would have happened I wonder...

Holy crap that is straight up evil and wrong on so many levels.  I'd say that I'm going to boycott Activision games entirely, but I haven't purchased an Activision game in at least half a decade, so nothing changes, I guess.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'd guarantee that it isn't just Activision doing that though. Most of this stuff crossed over from 'free' services and there's a constant testing of what is acceptable. It will stop when it starts costing companies money rather than making them it, which given humanity's penchant for compulsive behaviour and special pleading will be never. People literally spend thousands on loot boxes and the like. Let's be honest- it's deliberate targeting of people with either actual compulsive disorders or poor self control in the same way as Nigerian Prince scams or MS Technical Support call scams target the naive/ greedy or technical illiterates; but while it's pretty disgusting morally it is legal unlike those and it can be argued that people know exactly what they're getting (or the chance of getting) when buying the stuff, they're just being 'encouraged' to buy it.

(Have to say though, for all the flak other companies get a lot of the worst systems were popularised on PC at least by, well, Valve as much as by Zynga et al)

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-18-the-sad-slow-death-of-lego-dimensions

In unsurprising news, WB and Traveler's Tales announce that Lego Dimensions is being wrapped up a year earlier than planned, with no new content being made.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-18-the-sad-slow-death-of-lego-dimensions

In unsurprising news, WB and Traveler's Tales announce that Lego Dimensions is being wrapped up a year earlier than planned, with no new content being made.

That's too bad, it was a pretty good system. Much better than that Disney one and pretty close to the Skylanders experience.

I liked Disney Infinity, but their initial insistence of not setting a made toybox experience where every toy could mixed and played in a full experience was a big mistake.  Even if they did a "you have to play it once with the themed characters then it opens up to anybody" would have worked better. 

But I mostly wanted to play the Pirates ship battles with any character... ;____;

Lego didn't start off with that handicap, but its interesting how quickly the Toys-to-Life stuff hit and collapsed as Skylanders is also on hold.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

IO Interactive have announced HITMAN GotY Edition.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-goty-edition-announcement/

Includes a new campaign with 4 missions set in reworked versions of existing locations. Also, you will now have access to any elusive targets you missed, though you don't get to do any elusive target missions you already failed. $20 if you already own the game.

I can't wait. HITMAN is one of my favorite games of the last few years.

/rubs hands together

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

EA 'Doesn't Care What the Players Want, Only What Players Will Pay For Says Ex-BioWare Dev

Although EA never said it outright; it was strongly implied that the reason the company shuttered Visceral Games and took over the Triple-A, single-player Star Wars game that was in-development was because EA is moving towards more open-world, multiplayer games. Not really a surprise according to ex-BioWare developer Manveer Heir in a recent interview with Waypoint over the weekend.

Free games updated 3/4/21

"seen people literally spend $15,000 on Mass Effect multiplayer cards."

Hm, is why I think GTA 6 will just be a MMO.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You know something's up when even Gamespot is starting to suggest that, hey, maybe it's not so cool.

But really, who cares? Your opinion is literally 1/250 as valid as that of the whale putting down $15k for garbage that cost exactly zippo to make. It's the perfect money-printing machine, and you are out of your mind if you think companies are going to give it up without a fight!

Finally, the true measure of worth and success has reached gaming -- dirty peasants remain at the bottom where they are meant to be, toiling away day and night for a miserly chance at an uncommon card, and the super-rich can cruise around in their luxurious gold-tier equipment, mowing down hordes of unwashed plebs, from the first minute of day one. Don't like it? Pull yourselves up by your bootstraps, stop demanding free stuff, and get a six ****ing figure job already, you entitled crybabies.

This is Freedom with a ****ing capital F.

• Like 5

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

You forgot mention that we should ante up, kick in and help Make Gaming Great Again

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wait, so my boycott of the games that do this microtransaction gambling crap is anti-freedom?  

I've been doing it wrong the whole time!  :facepalm:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

You know something's up when even Gamespot is starting to suggest that, hey, maybe it's not so cool.

But really, who cares? Your opinion is literally 1/250 as valid as that of the whale putting down $15k for garbage that cost exactly zippo to make. It's the perfect money-printing machine, and you are out of your mind if you think companies are going to give it up without a fight!

Finally, the true measure of worth and success has reached gaming -- dirty peasants remain at the bottom where they are meant to be, toiling away day and night for a miserly chance at an uncommon card, and the super-rich can cruise around in their luxurious gold-tier equipment, mowing down hordes of unwashed plebs, from the first minute of day one. Don't like it? Pull yourselves up by your bootstraps, stop demanding free stuff, and get a six ****ing figure job already, you entitled crybabies.

But what out the Pirates.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

But what out the Pirates.

Probably have very productive years.

Everspace got an expansion/DLC. Guess I'll sink more hours into the game to keep my 100% completion rate. Plus there's a new ship to play around with... one that allows component modification four times rather than three. Mmmm, welcome  my new 3k range Beam Laser M, meet some dead Outlaws...  :w00t: 

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

It's not like multiplayer games never had balance issues before. It just feels dirtier when money is involved?

Yes.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Best course of action would be to stop supporting such companies. I have never spent a dime on micro transactions but I would very much like to keep my hands away from ANY game that practices that kind of business because if I buy their game, it could only mean one thing to them: I am satisfied with their product!

Well, I am not.  

EDIT: ,,,and it's here!

Assassin's Greed.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours