RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - DA REAL DEAL

Rosbjerg

Why the quotes? they are right ****ers for stopping people from playing their games.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It's not like multiplayer games never had balance issues before. It just feels dirtier when money is involved?

Maybe you can explain what "balance" has to do with anything in this context. But yeah, without getting into too much detail, when your experience significantly changes based on how much money you're willing to spend on a game, that's bad.

In other news, another interesting piece by Kotaku's Jason Schreier on the reasons that led to Visceral's crash and burn: https://kotaku.com/the-collapse-of-viscerals-ambitious-star-wars-game-1819916152

Wow, another Kotaku piece that isn't a total hack job? Say it ain't so!

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Because it is a balance issue, a ridiculous one, but it's not much different for the player on the losing end than it's been for some time. Even more incentive to shoot up the guy with the fancy gear maybe, but those games always have insane levelers instantly so how would you even know the difference? The ones that paid are easier to kill?

How is it a balance issue when your performance isn't affected by your choice of equipment or playstyle nearly as much as it is by how many lootboxes you've paid for?

It's not that "weapon X does way more damage than anything else with no drawbacks" or that "tactic Z has no counters". Those are balance issues. It's that just about any "gold" tier weapon does a ton of damage, and any maxed out character has absurd modifiers to their abilities, and the only way to acquire those things is to grind for hundreds of hours or, conveniently, shell out a few thousand to max your manifest.

Just because you get trampled doesn't mean it's automatically a "balance" issue. But even if it were... it's not deserving of criticism, why? Because now you can pay through the nose so it doesn't affect you?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Nier: Automata had already possibility to purchase achievements if I catched that correctly from some video reviews. Thankfully not with real money.

Quote from playstationtrophies.org

"Trophies can be bought from trophy shop (accessible after completing Route A, B and C)..."

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Nier: Automata had already possibility to purchase achievements if I catched that correctly from some video reviews. Thankfully not with real money.

Quote from playstationtrophies.org

"Trophies can be bought from trophy shop (accessible after completing Route A, B and C)..."

Haha, I didn't knew that!

Can't wait to see what Platinum Games/Yoko Taro will do next. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

*Also: How long before the industry catches on that they can sell Steam achievements?

That's pretty much what the trading card system is though, isn't it- a parallel system to the achievement one with a randomised generation event attached similar to loot boxes? Sell them, buy them, craft badges, inflate your epeen steam level etc and every time they're traded steam and the game's publisher get a cut.

I just can't play that F:NV. I just can't stand shooting someone 20 time into face with shotgun. I tried but my brain just can't handle that :(

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

If you had to shoot someone 20 times in the head, you probably used the wrong ammo type.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It should've been more about accuracy than damage.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

If you had to shoot someone 20 times in the head, you probably used the wrong ammo type.

I love this quote and I will use it for RL events.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

There's rumors of Bioware working on something else, but I don't think any confirmation.

And supposedly Visceral's project is moved elsewhere to be reworked.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Anyone who's not excited by Ghost of Tsushima is dead to me. DEAD TO ME

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

THQ Nordic have announced a remaster of Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

This was a PS2 game originally, and while I did own a PS2, I never got to play this game.  A shame, since the game seems like it would be right up my alley, being basically Zelda but with more platforming.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Anyone who's not excited by Ghost of Tsushima is dead to me. DEAD TO ME

Let's see some gameplay first. I hope it's something like the good ol' Tenchu.

Tenchu_Stealth_Assassins.jpg

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.