RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - DA REAL DEAL

Rosbjerg

Why do you guys think it'd be better with bigger teams ? What they need to do is disable all forms of communication in game. Bunch of ****ing subhumans play it.

Are you calling me a subhuman, subhuman?

I personally like the 6vs6, it leaves more room for individual skill. If the game was 12vs12 you can't effect the outcome as much on your own and you are doomed to lose if no one else knows how to play which is already a problem even at 6vs6.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Yeah, 12v12s in casual TF2 pretty much always sucked - and the 32 man servers were laughably bad. For casual play, I always thought 8v8 was best for most maps - some of the bigger ones were fine with 10v10. Competitive was a different beast, of course.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

WoW Classic - official vanilla server and F2P StarCraft 2

Also a new Overwatch hero

and this..

Putting the "War" back in Warcraft... again? Much original, such wow, something something or however that meme goes. ;)

I'd be more excited for the expansion if Blizz had not made a habit out of quietly dropping half of the features announced for a new expansion. But yay, they now can morph terrain in real time now. That'll be all over the expansion, like rushing rivers were all over the Broken Isles in Legion.

I think I'll sit this one out like I did with WoD and everything on Pandaria after the launch.

What are you talking about? Legion added MUCH more than they announced.

Honestly though MMO's have been doing this stuff for ages. I've seen a few quests that revolve around taking part in some weird social interaction over the years.

The thinking behind it is pretty nefarious though. It's meant to encourage players to become jealous of each other's gear and be motivated to spend more. It's all backed by hard data and research. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Honestly though MMO's have been doing this stuff for ages. I've seen a few quests that revolve around taking part in some weird social interaction over the years.

The thinking behind it is pretty nefarious though. It's meant to encourage players to become jealous of each other's gear and be motivated to spend more. It's all backed by hard data and research. 

For big publishers its either we do it, or the other guy does.

Sure, it's pretty blatant, but every commercial product is trying to get you to spend money.

Why do you guys think it'd be better with bigger teams ? What they need to do is disable all forms of communication in game. Bunch of ****ing subhumans play it.

Are you calling me a subhuman, subhuman?

I personally like the 6vs6, it leaves more room for individual skill. If the game was 12vs12 you can't effect the outcome as much on your own and you are doomed to lose if no one else knows how to play which is already a problem even at 6vs6.

Yes, you are subhuman. ;p Just having to deal with people in Silver tier trash talking or talking crap otherwise is taxing. 12v12 would be interesting as that'd be nearly the entire hero roster, I think. Would make a good arcade mode though!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh, nothing. I'm just a bitter former WoW player who really enjoyed the game's aerial combat, the underwater raid and the Path of the Titans progression system... ;)

Granted Blizz has gotten better by simply promising less, in the past the game boxes had screenshots of features on them that didn't make it into the game.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Oh, nothing. I'm just a bitter former WoW player who really enjoyed the game's aerial combat, the underwater raid and the Path of the Titans progression system... ;)

Granted Blizz has gotten better by simply promising less, in the past the game boxes had screenshots of features on them that didn't make it into the game.

Aerial combat wouldn't have been that fun, either with vehicles or just floating around. The playerbase hated Vashj'r (wrongly) so that's why they just left the Neptulon story unfinished. But yeah, after WoD's cuts, I'll just be skeptical about how awesome the new stuff will be. Well and how much they gate things by time or grinding for points :p Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Aerial combat wouldn't have been that fun, either with vehicles or just floating around. The playerbase hated Vashj'r (wrongly) so that's why they just left the Neptulon story unfinished. But yeah, after WoD's cuts, I'll just be skeptical about how awesome the new stuff will be. Well and how much they gate things by time or grinding for points :p

I stopped playing Legion shortly after the Nighthold patch. We even had a decent Mythic+ group going (decent meaning members who were capable of clearing Guarm on Mythic with their raids at the time) but then the reality of Legion kind of caught up with me. Whlie I could "easily" heal the raids we ran things got more and more complicated in higher Mythic levels. The joys of being a shaman.

Having a max level druid I figured I'd just switch classes for the dungeons and then I looked at the artifact weapons and, even with the catch up mechanics introduced, realized that it would take half an eternity of upgrading my class hall, grinding artifact power and finding useful legendaries (my shaman had three really good ones after all) and simply dropped my sub instead.

• Like 1

Those seem minor to me. Not just for WoW (WoD infamously got cut in half and redesigned) but for games in general. Minigames and glyphs-under-a-different-name aren't much compared to the stuff most devs pull, especially since cut stuff is generally compensated for i.e. Abyssal Maw/Firelands raids being consolidated into a larger Firelands Raid. Certainly not enough to hold a Molyneux style grudge IMO. Saying you quit Pandaland after launch because of it makes little sense to me because that had the best post-launch support of all expansions, at least up until WoD got delayed. Now, if you'd experienced WoD... Then I'd get it.

1 hour of Nioh gameplay...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKheLYR3MQQ

Why is there a bunch of medieval European armor in Japan?

Because Nioh is about western samurai.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

1 hour of Nioh gameplay...

video

Why is there a bunch of medieval European armor in Japan?

Because you start in London.  And afterwards you can always change the appearance of katanas into western sword if you want, same with armor.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Those seem minor to me. Not just for WoW (WoD infamously got cut in half and redesigned) but for games in general. Minigames and glyphs-under-a-different-name aren't much compared to the stuff most devs pull, especially since cut stuff is generally compensated for i.e. Abyssal Maw/Firelands raids being consolidated into a larger Firelands Raid. Certainly not enough to hold a Molyneux style grudge IMO. Saying you quit Pandaland after launch because of it makes little sense to me because that had the best post-launch support of all expansions, at least up until WoD got delayed. Now, if you'd experienced WoD... Then I'd get it.

Ah, I see, well that was a misunderstanding then. I didn't quite MoP because of the lack of support from Blizzard but because of the dailies insanity after an already poor earlier expansion. :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Guacamelee 2 and Spelunky 2 are coming... I love this!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...