RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

I was excited to hear there was a new Prey coming out, and went to watch the trailer.  But then I realized they got rid of the entire Native American stuff that made the game cool, and lost complete interest.  :(

• Like 3

I was excited to hear there was a new Prey coming out, and went to watch the trailer. But then I realized they got rid of the entire Native American stuff that made the game cool, and lost complete interest. :(

Yup, that's how I felt. The Native American angle was the only thing that made the game stand out, IMHO. Without it... I expect a generic shooter.

It's from Arkane Studios, so I doubt they'll make a generic shooter.

Eh, fair enough. However, after 20ish years of shooters (and about the last 10 being so flooded with them), it doesn't take much for a shooter to be generic to me anymore. That's personal bias, admittedly, but I get tired of every other game to market is a shooter. A unique premise goes a long way.

• Like 1

New Vegas had shooter mechanics too, it's what you do with them that matters. I'm expecting a lot more than a straight-forward shooter, but we'll see.

I hope you are right. I'm just at a point that I ignore all shooters until they launch, watch some gameplay/reviews, and then decide if there is enough there to get me over my "shooter fatigue."

FNV is a good premise, coupled with quirky setting, and topped off with top of the line story telling. It, IMHO, is an aberration in the shooter landscape. It's the best 3D Fallout, and the best game built on that engine since Morrowind.

There is at least one shooter every year that I give a chance. This year it may be more (DOOM was one because it brought back old DOOM), and I'm keeping Titanfall 2 in my periphery (because the wall running makes it much more interesting to me than most shooters). We will see. I will give the new Prey a chance if it looks good after launch comes and goes. I likely won't fork over $60, but we will see. Never say never.

• Like 2

Seems that DOOM got cracked by a guy named voksi.

It wasn't a crack - it was a bypass*, a bypass that is no longer functioning. However, Denuvo, the protection scheme that protects Doom and some other games that have been "unpiratable" over the past 6 months or so, was apparently just fully cracked.

*A bypass is different from a crack, in that, essentially, it simply fools the DRM into thinking everything is as it should be...whereas a crack removes or disables the DRM in its entirety. Bypasses are not considered to be real cracks, and often have issues - refer to the Titan Quest piracy debacle, where some of the DRM protections were bypassed, but some were (unknowingly to the pirates) not, leading to a game that appeared to have performance issues and was super buggy, which then lead to it getting bad early reviews and press from pirates...but in reality, it was just part of the DRM scheme trying to do its job.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Seems that DOOM got cracked by a guy named voksi.

It wasn't a crack - it was a bypass*, a bypass that is no longer functioning. However, Denuvo, the protection scheme that protects Doom and some other games that have been "unpiratable" over the past 6 months or so, was apparently just fully cracked.

*A bypass is different from a crack, in that, essentially, it simply fools the DRM into thinking everything is as it should be...whereas a crack removes or disables the DRM in its entirety. Bypasses are not considered to be real cracks, and often have issues - refer to the Titan Quest piracy debacle, where some of the DRM protections were bypassed, but some were (unknowingly to the pirates) not, leading to a game that appeared to have performance issues and was super buggy, which then lead to it getting bad early reviews and press from pirates...but in reality, it was just part of the DRM scheme trying to do its job.

The new Rise of Tomb Raider bypass is not a true crack either.

For now it's the only newer Denuvo game that's easily piratable.

Edited by pmp10

How do you figure? Everywhere I'm reading, it's a true crack, not a bypass.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

That 'crack' makes no change to binaries.

That means DRM is emulated around not removed.

It may not make much difference but the potential for missed triggers is still there.

And there is no telling if that method will keep working on other Denuvo games.

(AM2R) Another Metroid 2 Remake Free! Download link within.

And it's gone.  The site hosting the downloads got DMCA'd by Big N's lawyers.  I'm shocked it took them this long.  This project was no secret, there was even a public countdown for the release.  The fact Nintendo didn't cease & desist this project months ago shows just how little they care about and pay attention to the Metroid franchise.

Well, time for Big N to finally put Samus out to pasture and put a bullet in her dome with Federation Force...  Oops, they already did that with Other M.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Divinity Original Sin 2: Character Creation video.

I'm liking the look of character creation (said knowing very well that'll I restart a dozen times to try out new character ideas most likely).

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The stats seem very intuitive, something I like, Memory seems like quite a good innovative addition. You really can't fault Larian when it comes to ambition. The only thing I would look for that didn't seem to be on offer was a physical build option, where one could have say slim, normal or muscular body types. Something Morphs?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I wonder if the length of the video is an accident... ;)

Also I get kinda sad each time I hear the Update Song :(

Haven' t really been keeping up with D:OS2 tbh, still gotta finish the first one. I hope they can do away with the randomly generated loot, or at least to some extent. Anyway, liking what I see so far :)

The stats seem very intuitive, something I like, Memory seems like quite a good innovative addition. You really can't fault Larian when it comes to ambition. The only thing I would look for that didn't seem to be on offer was a physical build option, where one could have say slim, normal or muscular body types. Something Morphs?

In the Backer update they just mention there will be more physical options, but don't go into detail so I imagine its just something they're not ready to show.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It may not make much difference but the potential for missed triggers is still there.

It would make a world of difference for Linux users. It's ridiculous that the first major title sporting Vulcan API doesn't even run via Wine because Denuvo.
  • Like 2

Outcast: Second Contact is being released for PC and consoles next year!

Source: http://wccftech.com/246132-2/

I loved Outcast! Even if I never managed to complete it, I got pretty far and thoroughly enjoyed it. I got stuck in some obscure puzzle, lost momentum and never restarted it.

Looks pretty cool though!

03-3.jpg

• Like 4

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's not actually a sequel though. It's a modernization of the original game. The one that I never completed but hopefully will this time when it's all new and shiny again..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Awesome news.  Outcast was a great game.  Its biggest failing may have been that it was about 10 years ahead of its time.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks