RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

i love the art style of the new zelda. when it comes to game graphics, this design is one of my favorites

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I really want this game, but it is only for Xbone? if so its such a irony, game about totality being in hands of corporation which is restricting its use. Orwell would be pleased :)

We Happy Few is coming out for Windows/Mac/Linux/XBOne.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

We Happy Few as intriguing as its premise implies is a game about escaping a procedurally generated town. A fact which has me deeply skeptical to say the least.

But if they pull the swtitcheroo with you taking meds because you're crazy then finding your way out of a randomized town could make some sense.

Sounds as much a gimmick as a game. A shame, as it's visually interesting, although a little too influenced by Bioshock Infinite..

That's usually how I play Skyrim, pick a direction and walk, see what I find.

But what you say is, imho, the big shortcoming of most (imho failed) attempts at open world games, go off the beaten path and there's nothing to see, aside from nice landscapes. To counter this they just add idiotic minigames (hurr durr tower climbing, shard collecting, yadda yadda *sigh*).

The first company that makes a game with an interesting world *and* good quests will have struck gold, if that game is moddable to boot then they will have *really* struck gold. If Dragon Age: Inquisition is anything to go by I doubt that ME: Andromeda will be that game, we can almost certainly forget the modding due to the engine they'll be using and that alone already greatly diminishes any interest I might have had.

Frankly: have Bethesda build the world and Obsidian handle the story and you're most of the way there, then add some company that manages to build stuff without there being 20 bugs per line of code and you have a hit!

New Vegas did open world about the best as can be asked, breathing life into a stilted sim world via factions and branched quests. The quests were just mediocre for the most part though - the drawback of having a large game that plays partially like a quest sim. I don't think it's really possible to be both great at open world and quality quests.

My dad has the same thing with films, he understands the mechanics they use to build atmosphere and as a result they don't generally have the intended effect. I think there's only so much that can be done to avoid this, certainly with current technology. Maybe at some point we will have "true" emergent gameplay, including dialogues, but I doubt that will be anytime soon.

Happens to me at times - feeling like part of the crew instead of the intended audience, but I just remember that it's all theatre so the effort of illusion is still appreciated.

Huh. Never played a WH40k game -- not a fan of WH in general. But that trailer made me want to go fight space heretics, dammit. Is the game actually any good?

Let me put it this way: I have played it for over 25 hours which doesn't actually happen with me and dem videagamez all that often. (and I'm still playing it) However, I'm a WH40k nerd and I'm certain that seeing these massive ships come to life on my screen added a fair bit of fun for me all by itself.

With that said, it's generally regarded as an extremely enjoyable SP RTS (both if you enjoy playing skirmish, which can also be played co-op trough the internet, or campaign), but lacking in MP balance which makes the active MP community slowly die out already.

Mechanically, I don't think I've ever played anything quite like it - it's basically broadside combat in space complete with ramming, boarding, advanced maneuvering or subsystem damage but it also contains other things you'd expect in spess RTS like fighters and long-range weaponry. I suppose the downside is that it takes place on 2D plane, but I can't see how a lot of mechanics would function on 3D plane anyway, so I guess that's all good. I won't go into how does the game work, I think there's a fair whack of reviews doing just that (in fact, it was this video that sold me on it, and good news is that a bunch of his complaints were solved via patches)

And yes, Tindalos interactive are shockingly good at producing great videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_4200411877&feature=iv&src_vid=3pxdtigmeDY&v=M3w3XeHpsis

Shame it does not have some story missions added. :(

A fair warning, missions are fairly repetitive aside of some story missions, the game shines in MP environment, where you build various fleet vs human players

It is fairly challenging though, so you might get frustrated a bit if you like to steamroll vs AI ;) (I hate border defense or convoy missions vs Eldar)

Edited by Darkpriest

Mechanically, I don't think I've ever played anything quite like it - it's basically broadside combat in space complete with ramming, boarding, advanced maneuvering or subsystem damage but it also contains other things you'd expect in spess RTS like fighters and long-range weaponry. I suppose the downside is that it takes place on 2D plane, but I can't see how a lot of mechanics would function on 3D plane anyway, so I guess that's all good. I won't go into how does the game work, I think there's a fair whack of reviews doing just that (in fact, it was this video that sold me on it, and good news is that a bunch of his complaints were solved via patches)

Thanks. By your description, it sounds similar to one of my favorite games -- Starfleet Command. I'll be sure to check it out... if it's ever released outside of Steam.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Hah. Nice touch with the Dark Angels there.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wondered why the steam store is crapped again. Checked mainpage. Summer sale started. Of course...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I may or may not have just spent $110 on it. And I may or may not spend a bit more of Dragonspear goes on sale.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, ****, I'm sold!

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

If you liked Stasis, here is something you might like, too:

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/07/02/pregnant-woman-escapes-horrific-alien-facility-cayne/

Cayne.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Endreal got released - by SureAI, creators of Nehrim. It's a Skyrim total conversion and if Nehrim is any metric to judge by, it should be quite spectacular. And, you know, free, which is a shock since they apparently spent 29992 hours developing it. (yup, that's about 10 years of combined work with 8 hours work day)

Edit: Oh snap, just the German version got released and english one is planned to come out at the end of July. Well that's one less boner in the world.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

I started playing Nehrim back in the days, but stopped soon after. I think it was because the quest design was horrible.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Well the game world looked awesome. Much, much better than Oblivion back then. It had this kind of Gothic(game)-feeling, because everything was hand placed and didn't looked like simple copy&paste. But yeah, as far as I can remember, the visuals were the only thing I really liked. Oh, and I think the voice acting was really well done... just doesn't help if the writing is bad.

That said, maybe they improved for the new mod. No idea, haven't tried it and won't for a while longer.

Edited by Lexx

Doom: Behind the Music pt. 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua-f0ypVbPA

pt. 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g-7-dFXOUU

And, as it turns out, BFG is a rather impractical weapon. Who would have guessed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vs9ILE8s7s

(forum software hates me. I guess you'll just have to follow the link. This is tragic, life is hell.)

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 2