RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm curious to know more about how the game is actually going to be, but...interested.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It probably plays like Risen 2 / 3 where bows and crossbows are replaced with guns. To be honest, I don't feel much motivation to try the game. Didn't even touched Risen 3 yet... Kind of a shame. The Gothic games were awesome and even Risen 1 was p.cool in comparison, but all in all it just went downhill.

Hard for me to be that interested in so many sequels/similar games in the best of circumstances to begin with, nevermind possible gameplay changes for the worse. Wasn't trying to be a downer though, just pedestrian amusement. 

Hnnng.

Reminder that John Gonzalez of New Vegas appears to be the Lead Writer.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/1/11820966/fable-crunch-microsoft

Good breakdown of how crazy it can be to develop a video game.

Wonder if they'll eventually form a guild or some other worker's association.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://twitter.com/Angryrobotics/status/739884596502749184

Jay Wilson leaving Blizzard and games industry in general it seems. Can't say he'll be all that missed.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/1/11820966/fable-crunch-microsoft

Good breakdown of how crazy it can be to develop a video game.

Wonder if they'll eventually form a guild or some other worker's association.

Well I know EA had to undergo some pretty massive changes to overhaul their image after getting lambasted for similar stuff.  You would think that attracting good talent would become more difficult, and the industry would correct itself.  Of course, Rockstar doesn't seem too concerned about the flak they've received, so who knows?  Lionhead would seem to be a prime example of how to kill a studio.

No shortage of wide-eyed kids thinking "videogames are cool, so making videogames must be cool too" before the industry chews them up and spits them out a scant few years later.

While its kinda true, I must say that I ejoyed these few years I was involved. If you can overcome constant overtimes and bad management decision its pretty cool

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

No shortage of wide-eyed kids thinking "videogames are cool, so making videogames must be cool too" before the industry chews them up and spits them out a scant few years later.

While its kinda true, I must say that I ejoyed these few years I was involved. If you can overcome constant overtimes and bad management decision its pretty cool

Well, that's actually, why I completely left programming 10 years ago, and don't plan come back ever. I loved to code, but the money were in the end not worth the time, which I spent at work and completely neglected my social life :-/

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Well, that's actually, why I completely left programming 10 years ago, and don't plan come back ever. I loved to code, but the money were in the end not worth the time, which I spent at work and completely neglected my social life :-/

Sadly, I was not in programming, I was part of QA and later tech design which was pretty cool, but I am too lazy to learn proper coding :/

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Finally!!!

Final Fantasy XII - Zodiac Job System coming to the west as Final Fantasy XII - Zodiac Age on PS4!!! Now I wish someone would make Vagrant Story for PS4 (remaster not remake) as well :(

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/06/final-fantasy-xii-zodiac-age-announced-playstation-4/

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

video

Hnnng.

If it doens't have shoulder switch camer i'm not touching it, no matter how good it might turn out to be. :p

1.13 killed off Ja2.

When many fans believed the game was more or less abandoned, Homeworld: Remastered received a massive update. Amongst other things it rebalances the campaigns, enhances UI, adds more depth to formation system to facilitate more advanced tactics, adds full ballistics model to projectiles (in other words, when a ship fires a projectile, it becomes an object with its own mass and velocity which'll fly until it hits something, eh... More or less. Think this dialogue from Mass Effect 2.) and a crapton of other small or large changes and fixes. Remastered edition of one of the best real-time strategy games in history just became even better.

That is a surprise. May get that game on sale after all.

Hah. And its 50% off on GOG. Woo

Edited by Malcador

Sadly, I was not in programming, I was part of QA and later tech design which was pretty cool, but I am too lazy to learn proper coding :/

So are most programmers, doesn't stop them though. ;) (only half joking, actually. The fact that programming is more of an art[1] than a science and that managers seem to think all you need is juniors isn't exactly helping of course)

[1] http://www.chrisaitchison.com/2011/05/03/you-are-not-a-software-engineer/ - the general idea is pretty accurate.

Engineers can say with accuracy when it will be finished. Yeah..... :lol:

It looks like a N64 game except with higher res graphics, which is exactly what I want it to be, so cool.

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yooka-Laylee is looking awesome! 

Hnnng.

"...you may be an outcast, but you will still be able to run games at 30 fps...hopefully" said PSNeo to PS4.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Tanoa, the terrain of the next ArmA3 addon is available on the dev-branch since yesterday. As far as I can tell so far, it's basically their most pretty creation to date. Also at least without any AI on the map I belong to the 60fps master race, wherever I look and go. :dancing:

Some dude made a truckton of screenshots. http://imgur.com/a/pwxaz

/Edit: Tried some of my custom missions on Altis, where I always had a few performance drops, and even there I belong to 60fps master race now. Their performance optimization efforts are really showing.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."