RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

• Like 5

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I kept hearing "a dungeon-sen" and couldn't understand what he was talking about...

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Disclaimer: Trailer footage does not represent the quality of the final product.  :shifty:

Seems like black main character...yet I like it. It might be wrong but years of guessing and inferring from trailers have led me to believe that this character might be an accurate representation of black nerds (my favorite type) and not just a soapbox to complain about racism. Time will tell but at the very least it warms me that there can still be race without politics on today's charged climate.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The trailer is well done, imo. The game probably won't be, though. :>

/Edit: About skin colour- I never really cared about such stuff in games. If nobody would write about this, I'd probably never even think about it. Like, if Geralt would have been black since the beginning, I would still play the games. Or that one GTA game with a black character- if I remember right, it's one of the most popular GTA games. I'd say people are too fast blaming failure of games on such stuff, while it probably failed more likely due to bad gameplay.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Seems like black main character...yet I like it. It might be wrong but years of guessing and inferring from trailers have led me to believe that this character might be an accurate representation of black nerds (my favorite type) and not just a soapbox to complain about racism. Time will tell but at the very least it warms me that there can still be race without politics on today's charged climate.

But will it let you play it ala Hardison style? ;)

"Age of the geek, baby."

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

• Like 3

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Developing Cthulhu-themed games seems targeting a very niche marketplace. I can't imagine it will attract more than a small following.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

..this character might be an accurate representation of black nerds (my favorite type)

When I think 'black nerd' I think Steve Urkel. The only other one who springs to mind is Carlton from Fresh Prince. It's fair to say that I am sadly bereft of up to date ethnogeek stereotypes.

Can't say that I would particularly like to play either in a game, though Urkel's catchphrase might be appropriate at certain points.

The trailer is well done, imo. The game probably won't be, though. :>

/Edit: About skin colour- I never really cared about such stuff in games. If nobody would write about this, I'd probably never even think about it. Like, if Geralt would have been black since the beginning, I would still play the games. Or that one GTA game with a black character- if I remember right, it's one of the most popular GTA games. I'd say people are too fast blaming failure of games on such stuff, while it probably failed more likely due to bad gameplay.

Yeah, CJ from GTA: San Andreas is great. There the whole thing is caricature from top to bottom, of course, but it's very well done.

I've not played watch_dogs nor followed much of the 'discussion' about the sequel's protagonist but I was under the impression a lot of the complaints were about changing the protagonist rather than just changing his ethnicity. Then again I tend to actively avoid dens of stupidity so no doubt there's a lot of trolling and/or actual racism involved too.

June 17th can come soon enough

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

..this character might be an accurate representation of black nerds (my favorite type)

When I think 'black nerd' I think Steve Urkel. The only other one who springs to mind is Carlton from Fresh Prince. It's fair to say that I am sadly bereft of up to date ethnogeek stereotypes.

Can't say that I would particularly like to play either in a game, though Urkel's catchphrase might be appropriate at certain points.

840212-qbert-smurfs-in-pixels-trailer-2-

My favourite black nerd

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyyJEzZq3sQ

is anybody still waiting for this game?

I hate that it's multiplayer, but I am so starved for a Stalker type of game that I'm still interested. I must admit that that video looked pretty good.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hyped

• Like 1

That Mass Effect Andromeda trailer was disappointing.  It looked exactly like the trailer they first showed like 2 or 3 years ago.

I thought this time they were hyping it up to show something of substance?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)