What are you playing right now?

Gorth

I rented DOOM 4 from Redbox. Almost bought it, but I'm still kind of worried that it'll be the type of game I get tired of halfway through even if it starts off fun.

Edit: Played through a few maps. It's fun enough, but I'm not really motivated to go on. I see the game being more or less what I've already done repeated. It needs a hook. Creative and interesting environments could have done it. A bit more attention to the story could have (at least some mystery to look forward to). Maybe if the enemies looked a bit more colorful and less bland I'd be more excited.

The core mechanics are solid. But the dressing needs a bit more to keep my interest.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I finished Persona 4 Arena Ultimax story mode, so that means that I have beaten 30 games so far, this year. Not bad. Hoping to reach 60 beaten games by December 31st.

Edited by Labadal

Completed the first four chapters of the Season Journey in Diablo III on my Monk, broke through the 100 paragon level barrier (now at 120) and I'm cruising through Torment IV like it was easy mode...tried bumping it up to Torment VII but while I can kill stuff at that level it takes too long to be viable (eg. doubt I could finish a Greater Rift in time) and I do run a real risk of dying if I'm not careful. That said, I expect bumping it up further will require some real effort/grinding as now I'm carried in big part by the set bonus of the "free" Inara's set.

My Seasonal character now has my "normal" main character (wizard) beat at most points and that in like 5 days or so. That's pretty insane tbh.

I've played the BF4 campaign. It has cringe worthy writing. I was going to drop it but then it ended.

Agreed. A 12 year old could have done a better job. Wonder how they went from an awesome single-player campaign like that of Battlefield: Bad Company to such an atrocious piece of garbage. Multiplayer is still fun though but not as half as fun as Bad Company 2's multiplayer unless you are playing on the hardcore servers. 

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I've all but given up on playing the Dark Zone in the Division.  Maybe it's because I solo-game, but all there is are random idiots who go rogue and pick on lower level players, or the occasional band of roaming NPCs you shoot for some XP.  Unless I'm just missing it, I haven't seen any actual quests or missions to undertake in there.

There are no quests or missions there. It's just a PVE zone with PVP elements. Kill and collect gear and then try to extract it. That's all there is to it. Also leveling up your Dark Zone rank to be able to buy stuff from traders in Safe houses. They have the best gear or blueprints that you can buy.

Unfortunately, I have too much trouble extracting for it to be worth it.  Either the swarms of enemies combined with lag cause me to die when attempting to extract, or idiot rogue agents who are higher level than me seem to linger around the extraction zones and kill me when I'm trying to extract.

And to be honest, none of the gear I had at any point I was attempting an extraction was better than what I had in my inventory.  Maybe I was unlucky, but I wasn't getting any good loot drops in the Dark Zone.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished DOOM.

Meh, glad it was only a rental.

I'm playing Dead State: Reanimated. I'm on day 17, I've heard that it lasts until around day 100 but no spoilers please I have no idea what the ending is. I've enjoyed it so far, I like the writing and the shelter development and want to see how the story progresses. That said, I'm also bored now and want to stop playing. I hate scavenging, it's just too grindy and I think the car may be unobtainable (How can a major upgrade be marked as broken at this point???). It's Wasteland 2 all over again, I really want to like it but I just can't force myself to go on. 

• Like 1

I finished Episode 2 of The Detail.  The second episode strongly hints at an overarching conspiracy.  Things are starting to get deep, but I've managed to keep all the people I care about in the game safe so far.  I think I've done a pretty good job of diffusing potentially explosive situations and keeping collateral to a minimum, while also getting **** done.  I've done my best not do shady stuff, but sometimes I just didn't have a choice or all the alternatives seemed like they led down far worse paths.  Hopefully, I can keep people breathing, particularly

Joe and his wife and kid

in the last episode, though things are definitely going to get worse before they get better.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Stellaris is addictive as all hell, and probably one of the few games that will get me throwing down on DLC. I highly recommend giving it a go.

Me too, but as Paradox has said - compared to their other titles, it's a bit 'bareboned' at the moment. Which means it's got flavor coming out the wazoo of course, but if you're used to Crusader Kings 2 etc it can fell quite a bit shallow after the midgame.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm playing Dead State: Reanimated. I'm on day 17, I've heard that it lasts until around day 100 but no spoilers please I have no idea what the ending is. I've enjoyed it so far, I like the writing and the shelter development and want to see how the story progresses. That said, I'm also bored now and want to stop playing. I hate scavenging, it's just too grindy and I think the car may be unobtainable (How can a major upgrade be marked as broken at this point???). It's Wasteland 2 all over again, I really want to like it but I just can't force myself to go on. 

You wrote no spoilers, but I have to anyway: Only use the car whenever you really need to transport a huge amount of stuff. Save fuel whenever you can, you'll probably need it later.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Stellaris is addictive as all hell, and probably one of the few games that will get me throwing down on DLC. I highly recommend giving it a go.

Me too, but as Paradox has said - compared to their other titles, it's a bit 'bareboned' at the moment. Which means it's got flavor coming out the wazoo of course, but if you're used to Crusader Kings 2 etc it can fell quite a bit shallow after the midgame.

The challenge will be finding at what point they reach "peak Stellaris", when enough features are added but before it becomes a dog's breakfast. :p

For what it's worth I just picked it up myself, haven't had a chance to play yet though. ($28.85 at the moment from WinGameStore seems the cheapest from a 'legit' store)

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

It is barebones, but it is such a good base for getting something special going. I haven't played a 4x or a grand strategy in years, but I had a cold this week and a hankering to play something in the Sci-fi genre... So I splurged. I am not disappointed.

• Like 1

I'm just sitting around in game waiting for stuff to research. Took up an entire arm of a 4 arm galaxy, joined a Federation, liberated planets from a rival federation, and ran out of room. Oh, and enlightened three different races.

Now the only thing that keeps me busy is trying to pick a planet to terraform just to see what it's like.

I'm just sitting around in game waiting for stuff to research. Took up an entire arm of a 4 arm galaxy, joined a Federation, liberated planets from a rival federation, and ran out of room. Oh, and enlightened three different races.

Now the only thing that keeps me busy is trying to pick a planet to terraform just to see what it's like.

I am in similliar position, but I got some invasion event (looks like Tyranids) and waiting to get borders with them to start raining death on them

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

My game is pretty slow, can't find enough planets to colonize and there is a Fallen Empire right next to me.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I am in similliar position, but I got some invasion event (looks like Tyranids) and waiting to get borders with them to start raining death on them

This event is currently bugged, if you are playing on huge and it happens on the other side of galaxy, it will drive you nuts. it will also drive you nuts if you are unprepared for it and it hits your part of galaxy

Currently there is now way to purge infested planets, meaning that they will keep producing transport fleets and if not in constant bombardment they will keep producing fleets

EDIT: One more frustrating thing is that apparently the swarm does not count as an enemy for the rest of yor federation, so if you are the type of guy who wants to buidl start trek type of federation, you will have troubles...

I was not prepared had 5 fleets of 42 cap each and designed for quick response to any border threats and with hit and run capabilities. when the swarm came to one of my allies region i though "great my 5 star nations federation will have something to prove on the stellar map and it will be some epic battles in multpile sectors.... so it happened that only I sent the fleets to fight that enemy, i've managed to sonsolidate the smaller fleets into larger strike force and fought of one swarm. was hoping that others will come... no one did.... for 100 years i was sending quickly produced small fleets to try to stall the swarm while i was planning what to do. then after losing 2/3 of one of allied sectors I've found a place to hold. another ally build on his border a fortress with warp inhibitor and any fleet coming to that sector was drawn to it, giving my small fleet a chance to fire at the larger fleet while it was wasting its fire power on the bulletsponge fortress and only after initial outburst already wekaened it was turning attention to my fleet.

I've managed to design two new ships - battleship - new hope and cruiser - BugBane all decked out in most of the M and L slots with 100% AP weapons and some point defense systems in small slots and just decided that superiority of mind will give me the win. It took 50 years to change the tide of the war and eliminate the swarm fleets.

The bitter sweet end of the war was that near the end of it, my federation declared war to some small bordering sector and suddenly all large allied fleets swarmed to the osition of my main fleet and then i abused the Allied AI to purge the remaining 30k flet str. swarm fleets with the combined might of around 80-100k fleet of various nations of the federation... all that pain had this sweet taste to see the federation fleet at work, it just frustrates me though that apparently allied AI does not treat the swarm as the same type of the enemy as it would treat another empire.

Edited by Darkpriest

Having fun with Satellite Reign. The worst enemy of a giant facility littered with minigun sentry turrets, is a hacker good enough to take them over.

Throw a few sonic grenades in front of the turret as bait, and you got yourself a grand bloodbath.

Edit: I can't get over the fact that the game is only 2 GB large

Edited by Nordicus
  • Like 1

Still on Dark Souls 3. I may abandon my pyromancer, as I built him with no focus at all and expended way too many rebirths to still end up as a Glass Canon Jack-of-All-Trades-Master-of-None who has no idea of what gear or spells to use.

May start as a sorceror this time. Or a more weapon focused pyromancer.

Waiting for Shadow of the Beast to unlock on the PSN. Reviews aren't that positive but I am still willing to give it try.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I found 83. Practice from previous games. Also i was determinates to unlock the most of the bonus tweaks and "cheats" so that they ease my way to platinum trophy, if i ever even attempt to do it. I hate speed runs, or should i say i loathe speedruns. >_<

1.13 killed off Ja2.