What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Blizzard's logic of being so transparently and inexorably fixated on the eSports aspect 

Oh good, so it's not just me thinking that. I suspect Blizzard's hooked on all the attention Starcraft esports got over the years.

As an old TF2 dude, this is why I'm not that interested. I want to play Bastion. But my group has two Widowmakers and no support. So Mercy it is.

I also really miss the big stalemates that go on for 10+ minutes until part of the assaulting team makes a surprise assault from the other path. But in Overwatch, the match ended like 5 minutes ago.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The most powerful combo is a good SMG and any kind of M1A. Spraying bullets with SMgs at close range and easilty picking off enemise at a distance with the op gun that m1a is. So yeah, high DPS number and you're good to go. Always aim for the head, especially with SMGs. 

Though my info is about a month old,  i don't know if they patched/balanced anything big since then concerning weapons.

Oh, and in a brain freeze moment, for the longest time I didn't realize you could combine green materials to create a blue material.  I was running all over the map trying to find blue material drops, when all I had to do was deconstruct the various green weapons I had and combine the parts.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I've got a blue uzi that seems to do really well for me, even though it's only a level 4 (my current level is level 9).  I haven't found a better sub machine gun than it.

I was carrying around a SCAR as my rifle, but it had a high damage but low DPS because it shot so slow.  It was okay if I was against one enemy, but garbage for multiples.

I'm going to disagree with the others a bit because I only used the SCAR and an actual sniper rifle (forget which one since I haven't played in while) once I got a little better with the mechanics. Just shoot the flamethrower guys in the tank and watch them blow up and take out the guys next to them

Still got overwhelmed occasionally but it was pretty rare and only when I was completely surrounded and had nowhere to run but in general I had better luck with a few well placed shots over spraying bullets

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I can't seem to find a sniper rifle.  I've currently got a zoomed in scope attached to my SCAR which kind of acts like a sniper rifle, but that's the closest I've seen.

Also, some of these materials and item pickups are found in very frustrating to reach places.  I don't know how to reach some of them because there doesn't seem to be any door leading inside the building, nor any ladders to climb to the roof.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well some doors are locked/ not interactive until you start the correct side missions. So try to do as many as you can in each area. Preferably all, like i've already written, they unlocked certain enemies and you get XP and i just remembered that you get a Crafting blueprint every time you complete all side missions in a area.  I also advise you to upgrade your base as fast as you possibly can. The passive bonuses come in quite handy. After you get to level 10 go visit the Dark Zone too and learn the basics there.  You'll find better gear than you have probably, even if it has to be extracted. At low levels or low armor value or with whatever they make brackets to separate now, you shouldn't have too much trouble with griefers or random ****, as you won't be carrying anything valuable to them.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

The lag in the Division is slowly making me lose interest.  It seems like it's 50/50 whether I'll be able to actually play a mission without it lagging to hell.  This past mission, quite a few of the sections involved me seeing enemies in the distance, then the next second I'm almost dead because the enemy is right next to me shooting me.

On the flip side, when it doesn't lag it's actually a pretty fun game.  It's just that it's hit or miss whether that will be the case.

Thought I'd finally give DOOM 3 BFG a try, since it wouldn't run on an XP machine.

DOOM 3 is every bit as tedious and a chore as I remember it. I barely made it out of the tutorial before this game's second chance had run out.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

And just when I said I couldn't find a sniper rifle, I find a sniper rifle.  Actually, I believe it was a blueprint to a blue sniper rifle that I had enough material to build.

It's actually pretty good.  I can usually one or two shot the enemy with it from range, then mop up any that come in close with my MP5.  My turret also shoots flames now, so there's that.

Like a lot of open world-esque games, I find myself forgetting about the main story missions and just doing all the side content.  It's to the point where I'm forgetting exactly what's going on.

• Like 1

I've been working long hours at work and have had little (read: nearly zero) time to play games lately.  I did manage to finish episode 1 of The Detail today, though.  **** goes down at the end of the episode and it ends on one helluva cliffhanger.  Good thing I only buy episodic games once all the episodes are out because I'm itching to find out what happens.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Playing Uncharted 3 Remastered. Having already played it once, the tutorial bored me to the point where I was about to ragequit. Ain't this game about taking cover, shooting baddies and the the occasional puzzle thrown in? End the goddamn tutorial already!!!

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

The rush from deleting a 300-hour save was nothing compared to restarting Mission 1 from square one. When I first played MGSV, I sucked at stealth and CQC--early missions were bloody disasters. Now that I have meta-game ninja know-how, rescuing Miller in broad daylight with one weapon and no equipment made me cold with adrenaline. So much fun ... the kind where you take your hands off the controller and blow into your palms.

I might even delay starting Uncharted 4 on Tuesday if this keeps up.    

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Playing Uncharted 3 Remastered. Having already played it once, the tutorial bored me to the point where I was about to ragequit. Ain't this game about taking cover, shooting baddies and the the occasional puzzle thrown in? End the goddamn tutorial already!!!

The hell? How can you get as far as thinking about ragequit in a ~5 minute long chapter? edit: My 60 year old father had no trouble in 98% of the game and that on hard diff..

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Just finished Battlefleet Ghotic Armada - it can be fund, but i feel like it is basically a skirmish mode (stretched out) with a couple of story missions and some cutscenes... I can only hope they can produce some campaign DLC that will put in some better SP.

I do not touch MP in that game. facing Eldar AI was annoying enough, i imagine in MP they are a real pain, same with chaos.

What the actual eff with the Division servers?  I can't even play a session without major lag.  It makes any combat encounters unplayable because I'm shooting at enemies and watching nothing happen, only to then see my health down to blinking red a second later because apparently the game skipped ahead 30 seconds in time.

May I have your interest in a game, fellow Obsidianites?!  Jesus Christ RPG!

...and it's free of course!

Wow, sacrilegious and (seemingly) an RPGMaker game.  That's like 2 sins for the price of 1!

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

May I have your interest in a game, fellow Obsidianites?!  Jesus Christ RPG!

...and it's free of course!

Would he be considered a mage or a cleric?  Parting the Red Sea and rising from the dead spell seems mage-ish, but he's got that whole healing ability that clerics use so well.

• Like 1

I finally found a replacement for both Uncharted 3 and 4.

That's how open world games should be made!

• Like 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I finally found a replacement for both Uncharted 3 and 4.

Does it include virtual Swedish meatballs?

Of course. They've been added in latest update :p

• Like 1

Well besides browsing for awesome updates to the top candidate for GotY, I am playing Pathfinder Adventures on my iPad. The game is so crazy addictive, to bad it has still a lot of bugs :( but well, I haven't played better iOS/Android Free-to-Play game ever.

Obsidian did a great job in transferring the game from Tabletop to Mobile platforms.

Thumbs up!