What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Don't worry, you'll be replaying mission again soon. Well if you want a trophy anyway :D. YOu have to replay every mission on hard for that.

Hahaha good one.  Me play any game on any difficulty but the easiest one.  You're funny.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Played Journey again yesterday. It's fun to  to get back to this game every once in a while. I bought it for the PS3 back in the days and when the remastered PS4 version came out it was available to those who had purchased the game previously, for free! The PS4 version also runs a lot smoother.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

In Grim Dawn there is a certain dungeon (the name escapes me) that requires a Skelton Key, can only be entered once per, and seemingly gets harder the lower you go(?). Is this a bottomless dungeon or is there an eventual end boss? I made it to "Anguish" level, is there much more? I'm level 50 and I ran into Lord <something> Executioner and he literally smote me in one shot. :ermm:

The Lord Executioner Alkamos is the final boss of the Steps of Torment, and he is very aptly named. It gets a bit easier if you have high levels of cold resistance but otherwise expect to be killed in a hit or two, so... run. ;)

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I spent several hours playing Overwatch today. I like it.

But I do not love it. I can't think of any reason to come back tomorrow. It plays like they took a really incredible game and trimmed it down until it was just 10 people in a very pretty box, never letting off the trigger. The pace is simply too fast. There's never anytime to think, strategize, or just do anything but keep firing.

Part of this is the abysmally low 5 minute round times. You're either crushing or being crushed. There's no time for players to search for any other groove.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I don't know if the Division servers were having issues tonight or what, but I had the entire map to myself when I was playing.  Even the hubs, which usually have a lot of activity, had absolutely no one but me there.

Which kind of sucks because I'm starting to like having random people joining my group and tackling missions with some help.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Go do side missions, you get extra XP after doing them in each area and another  batch of extra xp for moving to another safe house after that. Also some completing some of those  missions unlocks named enemies to roam around the area map, they drop loot that's your level or higher. But they also might be too high of a level for you to even attack. Still xp and loot is what this game is all about until level 30. After that, just loot.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Big Man O' War: Corsair patch last night. Added Khorne raiders, pirate and orc ports, opened up Bretonia on the map, added raiding ports, and some quality of life stuff.

Oh, also the new sea monster: Black Leviathan. But haven't encountered one of those yet.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Go do side missions, you get extra XP after doing them in each area and another  batch of extra xp for moving to another safe house after that. Also some completing some of those  missions unlocks named enemies to roam around the area map, they drop loot that's your level or higher. But they also might be too high of a level for you to even attack. Still xp and loot is what this game is all about until level 30. After that, just loot.

No, the game is about finding cell phones in the snow and piecing together the tapestry of these people's lives as the world crumbled around them.  Leveling and loot is a waste of time.  

No, the game is about finding cell phones in the snow and piecing together the tapestry of these people's lives as the world crumbled around them.  Leveling and loot is a waste of time.  

Well if you want that, you have perk that shows you everything on the map once you clear side missions. :p Blind searching for these collectibles gets real boring real fast.  Hell even when knowing where they are, it was quite a pain to get 100%. But yeah it also gives you XP so it's good . :D

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Dying Light corrupted nearly every game-data I had on the PS4 including all the updates and such while leaving me with a half finished playthrough...  :banghead:

Thank you very much, Techland. Way to p*** off a customer!  

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Played a little of Offworld Trading. Got through the tutorials but so far looks like it will be a decent game.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Shadow of Mordor. I do enjoy it, but killing orcs get a bit boring after a while. Definately worth the 10 euros I spent on it.

Yep.  The first 20 hours or so was fun, but once I had everything unlocked, the last 10 hours got a bit repetitive.  Definitely was worth the price I paid ($9,00)

Anyway, finished the season journey in Diablo 3 (well, not the Slayer bit, but I'm not going to grind enough to be able to do that.)  The set dungeons are just terrible.  They force you to use specific skills (and often you need specific items that modify the skills to reasonably accomplish the assigned task) and I don't know what difficulty they're intended for, but I was cruising through Torment IV, and got my butt kicked repeatedly trying to do the set dungeon.

Time to go back to Spellforce (or maybe Spellforce 2...I'm moderately frustrated with the bugs in Spellforce 1.)

Edited by Vaeliorin

Shadow of Mordor needed either a hard mode or some sort of ultra-hard endgame area. It was lots of fun before you got abilities that let you cut a swath through hordes.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

How do various damage modifiers work in Grim Dawn? For example, I was playing around with adding mats/enchants to my weapon and I notice a particular material offers lets say +18% Poison damage. Does that mean it will add an additional 18% worth of poison damage to to my damage total or that it will buff poison damage by 18%? Meaning, if my rifle isnt doing any poison damage on its own, is this buff wasted?

The flamethrower guys in the Division are the most annoying enemy ever.  Especially the ones who have "shields" you have to whittle down before you can start working on their health bar.

Just finished a side quest where there were a bunch of level 7 flamethrower guys, and they just ate away at my group of 4 agents.  It was ridiculous considering that before and after that, we took on level 9 enemies (including an elite boss) with no trouble.  But you just can't escape those flamethrower guys when they walk up to you.

I'm trying to figure out what's better: a gun with a high DPS or a gun with high damage.  Thoughts?

Unless you are a crack shot, DPS is a better choice.

DPS it is, then.

Also, what exactly does the cumulative DPS score (that you see at the top of your character sheet along with health and power ability) do?  Determines how much damage you do as a character or ..?

And what does the armor score of weapons affect?  I have a health total (the second column in the above), but what does the armor score of weapons and armor actually do?

The most powerful combo is a good SMG and any kind of M1A. Spraying bullets with SMgs at close range and easilty picking off enemise at a distance with the op gun that m1a is. So yeah, high DPS number and you're good to go. Always aim for the head, especially with SMGs. 

Though my info is about a month old,  i don't know if they patched/balanced anything big since then concerning weapons.

• Like 2

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I've got a blue uzi that seems to do really well for me, even though it's only a level 4 (my current level is level 9).  I haven't found a better sub machine gun than it.

I was carrying around a SCAR as my rifle, but it had a high damage but low DPS because it shot so slow.  It was okay if I was against one enemy, but garbage for multiples.

The lag for the Division servers is ridiculous, though.  Half the time I log on and try to play, the game is lagged to all hell.  I'll come across a mission and start shooting at the enemies, nothing happens, until suddenly I'm dying because apparently I got shot by enemies who weren't even on the screen a second ago.

Nothing annoys me more in online games than lag.

Well if you play or replay a mission on Hard difficulty the loot at the end scales to your level ( since the enemies do as well :D) , so you can try that to get a good gun.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Giving that Overwatch beta a try. Part of me wished Tracer had a proper "dead common" C0ckney accent like Ms. Brahms in Are You Being Served or Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady.

Otherwise I don't quite understand Blizzard's logic of being so transparently and inexorably fixated on the eSports aspect when the most surefire way of getting a big audience for this game is appealing to the TF2 crowd that actually mattered: The guys who played in (at minimum) 8v8 pick-up games which gave them the space to try new classes without being a huge burden to the team.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling