What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Can't wait for games where everyone plays Widowmaker :p

I found those in the beta. Probably the number one reason I didn't buy the game. I want to play Bastion, dag nabbit. But with two people playing Widowmaker, one playing Reinhard, and someone else playing that guy with the pistols, that leaves me no choice. Mercy. This was the scenario in nearly half the rounds I played.

Can't even play Symmetra because she's a terrible substitute for a healer. She might as well be a defender.

Edit: I also just bought Viscera Cleanup Detail. I'm buying too many games lately, but I missed out on so much.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Symmetra is the only one I've seen so far that's no real use at all. Not sure why Reinhard is supposed to be dangerous to Bastion? You cut through his shield like it's made of plastic. Widowmaker is a different story. I think she needs a stronger counter.

Currently debating whether to play more Overwatch, or Legion Beta. First world problems - can't decide which game I like more!

Edited by TrueNeutral

I thought Widowmaker was fairly useless. But, then again, sniper players almost always are.

I'm not saying that they're a counter to Bastion. I'm saying that my team had two defenders (ones that really can't hold any ground, no less), one tank, and an assault. No support. Me picking a third Defender would have left us wanting, bad.

I can see Symmetra's teleporter being handy if you use it right.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hmm I think I just accidentally finished Dark Souls 3. The ending I got... well, was a bit disappointing, I'll guess. A boss fight with two phases and then a 15 seconds cutscene. Doesn't really feel like it's the real ending.

What exactly happens if I "link the shrine"? I have no idea and the game doesn't seem to explain either. The only thing coming to my mind now is that I am now the endboss dude. Sitting on the same position, waiting for the next one to arrive.... but why...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Hmm I think I just accidentally finished Dark Souls 3. The ending I got... well, was a bit disappointing, I'll guess. A boss fight with two phases and then a 15 seconds cutscene. Doesn't really feel like it's the real ending.

What exactly happens if I "link the shrine"? I have no idea and the game doesn't seem to explain either. The only thing coming to my mind now is that I am now the endboss dude. Sitting on the same position, waiting for the next one to arrive.... but why...

Welcome to Firmsoft. :) As great as they are at atmosphere and gameplay, they've always sucked at narrative payoff in their games.

Those of you playing Overwatch, are you playing it PC or PS4?  Let me know your blizz name and system and maybe we can help each other out sometime?  Don;t have to use mics but would be good knowing there are those on my team that would potentially know what's going on.

I am weak willed, and I bought Doom. As someone that has enjoyed all of the Doom games for different reason, I think this game is exactly what I would want for a more modern take on the first two games. I loved the horror aspect from 3, but this feels like old Doom. I missed old Doom more than I realized. Also, the melee attacks were fleshed out enough by giving you health back that I'm glad they were added. Id nailed it.

• Like 1

For the time being, I'm trying to keep up with all the ambidextrous teens with lightning-fast reflexes, playing Overwatch.

Well, it turns out that there's still need for wisdom and healing in hectic combat. This was from my first try as Mercy. Ever since, it's my favourite hero! :)

kQKn67.jpg

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

What exactly happens if I "link the shrine"? I have no idea and the game doesn't seem to explain either.)

Thanks for the spoilers :p.

BTW, the way I understand it, the beggining of the Age of Flame traped the world in an eternal metaphysical cycle:

First and last, the fire is linked and gods and kings rise to power, perhaps as manifestations and reincarnations of gods and kings from earlier ages.

As the fire fades, however, mortals become undead and said gods destroy themselves trying to keep the fire lit. Among the undead, a champion arises and claims the souls of the fallen lords, in order to gain enough power to kindle the primordial flame.

When the fire is kindled, the souls taken by the undead champion are released to manifest in new forms, and the curse of undeath stops taking more victims until the fire fades again. What happens to the champion, however, is more ambiguous.

Edited by DreamWayfarer

For the time being, I'm trying to keep up with all the ambidextrous teens with lightning-fast reflexes, playing Overwatch.

Well, it turns out that there's still need for wisdom and healing in hectic combat. This was from my first try as Mercy. Ever since, it's my favourite hero! :)

kQKn67.jpg

No one ever wants to be healer. Well or protect the healer. Had fun with Zarya last night, putting shields on people while trying in vain to find a medic to help me push

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Viscera Cleanup Detail is quite a bit more frustrating than I expected it to be. Is that a good thing? Darn if I know.

I also beat my first playthrough of Consortium, but didn't accomplish much. I was positive I knew who the traitor was, but I was wrong. And now in my next play, I'm positive I know again, based on minor details that can't possibly count for much.

kQKn67.jpg

No one ever wants to be healer. Well or protect the healer. Had fun with Zarya last night, putting shields on people while trying in vain to find a medic to help me push

I have actually really enjoyed being the healer in this game.  Combat is fun and intense, but Blizzard has made the healer fun to play.

kQKn67.jpg

I have actually really enjoyed being the healer in this game. Combat is fun and intense, but Blizzard has made the healer fun to play.

Yup it is fun but rarely do I have a tank that shields me or people waiting to let me heal them a bit before they run out.

Started playing Battleborn. Seems fun. Bonus: the initial character is called Mellka. They have a typo in the name - I spell myself with one L - but close enough :)

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).