What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

I was finally able to rewrite the last two parts of my Europa Universalis playthrough. I have found out, that I completely forgot about one quick war, which happened before the last big one.

All fixed now :D

You can check it out with pictures on the link below :)

https://sites.google.com/site/mamoulianfh/letsplay/europa-universalis-page4

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'm playing Satellite Reign now that it finally came out on GOG.

It's pretty fun now that I've gotten over the idea of having some sort of camera control. At first I fought it at every turn but now I'm just bobbing and weaving and wobbling with the flow. It's... hypnotizing.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I'm playing Satellite Reign now that it finally came out on GOG.

It's pretty fun now that I've gotten over the idea of having some sort of camera control. At first I fought it at every turn but now I'm just bobbing and weaving and wobbling with the flow. It's... hypnotizing.

Camera control could definitley use some work, but once you are a bit into the game I find you somehow stop noticing.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

It made perfect use of the setting.

Manly characters and wenches that get what's coming to them. Imagine something like that in a BioWare or CD Project game.

I did that too.  thumbsup.gif 

Westeros - the North Korea of fantasy land.

Finished Game of Thrones. Might be the best story I've seen in an RPG, but what a downer! Mors is a very cool character, kind of like Carth and Canderous rolled into one, except 10 times tougher than either!

I was a big fan. I heard nothing but bad about it, but I really enjoyed it. Looking up the endings, there really isn't any "happy" endings either. I really liked Alester until his revelation.

Yeah, I don't understand why reviewers never like Cyanide and Spiders games. Must be some kind of mind control Bioware is doing on them. Or may be it's the blow and hookers.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

My car seems to be smashed to bits every time I engage an enemy vehicle.  They also always seem able to tail me and somehow move around to smash me in the side with their car's front bumper in a split second it takes me to turn.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It made perfect use of the setting.

Manly characters and wenches that get what's coming to them. Imagine something like that in a BioWare or CD Project game.

I did that too.  thumbsup.gif 

Westeros - the North Korea of fantasy land.

Finished Game of Thrones. Might be the best story I've seen in an RPG, but what a downer! Mors is a very cool character, kind of like Carth and Canderous rolled into one, except 10 times tougher than either!

I was a big fan. I heard nothing but bad about it, but I really enjoyed it. Looking up the endings, there really isn't any "happy" endings either. I really liked Alester until his revelation.

Yeah, I don't understand why reviewers never like Cyanide and Spiders games. Must be some kind of mind control Bioware is doing on them. Or may be it's the blow and hookers.

Technical issues, generally. They seem to tend to be slightly behind the times in terms of graphics as well,

The Game of Thrones game, for me, was just so horribly boring at the beginning (cutscene after cutscene, seemed like 10-15 minutes of actual playtime in the first hour of the game) that I couldn't really get into it. I don't really mind lots of cutscenes, but you've got to at least get me engaged in the story first (though it's possible that people who are fans of the show/books would already be engaged.)  I'll probably try it again sometime, but I really think it's got some serious design flaws (like jumping between characters far too often...a complaint I had about the books as well, so it's possibly just I writing style I don't care for.)

wow didnt know that PoE expansion is already out...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

My car seems to be smashed to bits every time I engage an enemy vehicle.  They also always seem able to tail me and somehow move around to smash me in the side with their car's front bumper in a split second it takes me to turn.

You can do the same. I think it was something like left analog stick to the left/right and pressing x (playing with 360 gamepad, no idea how it is on keyboard). This makes your car "strafe" to the side and hit them hard. Also maybe you'll have to upgrade your car a bit if you haven't done it yet.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Started playing Armello again now that it has its proper release. Did a lot of work from when I was playing early access last year.

That's on my list of games I want to play that recently came out along with Satellite Reign and Fran Bow.  It looks like a really nice board game-like game.  You can play as a rat, right?

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Started playing Armello again now that it has its proper release. Did a lot of work from when I was playing early access last year.

That's on my list of games I want to play that recently came out along with Satellite Reign and Fran Bow.  It looks like a really nice board game-like game.  You can play as a rat, right?

Two rats. They added a second Clan Rat hero with launch. Mercurio is the main rat hero, stealing gold from his rivals and using it to play tricks on them. Zosha is the stealth hero - the idea is to stay out of sight half the game and strike from the shadows.

If the game goes well, there are plans to add more heroes for all clans.

I was a backer for both Armello and Satellite Reign and am very happy with both of them.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Ugh.  Amazon screwed me over a bit.  I pre-ordered Metal Gear solid because it said on their site the game would be released September 1st.  I go to check on my order and now the site says that the game will be available on September 10th.  If it had listed the 10th as when Amazon would have it available, I would have just got it somewhere else.

The delay itself isn't a big deal (though it's still irksome that they list one date for pre-order, then change it when the game is out), but the fact I also ordered books with it and now my books are on hold until the 10th because I'd indicated for the entire order to be shipped at the same time (since I thought MGS would be available the 1st anyway).

At least I have Mad Max to keep me occupied for the next two weeks.  But geez, not happy at all right now.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Technical issues, generally. They seem to tend to be slightly behind the times in terms of graphics as well,

The Game of Thrones game, for me, was just so horribly boring at the beginning (cutscene after cutscene, seemed like 10-15 minutes of actual playtime in the first hour of the game) that I couldn't really get into it. I don't really mind lots of cutscenes, but you've got to at least get me engaged in the story first (though it's possible that people who are fans of the show/books would already be engaged.)  I'll probably try it again sometime, but I really think it's got some serious design flaws (like jumping between characters far too often...a complaint I had about the books as well, so it's possibly just I writing style I don't care for.)

The story is stronger than the gameplay, so the story is told through cutscenes to a large extent. And the cutscenes at the beginning is what's supposed to get you engaged in the story. Worked for me, even though I've neither read the books nor saw the show. Also I thought cutscenes were broken up by game play pretty well, although I prefer a slower pace anyway.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Still playing MGS V: The Phantom Pain. After 30 hours or so the game still feels fresh. It really shows that it has been in development for 5 years. My personal candidate for GOTY so far.

I also play a bit of Beyond: Two Souls when I'm not playing MGS. So far it feels a bit shallow compared to Heavy Rain. Some segments don't know whether they want to be a cover based shooter or an interactive movie-like game. I might buy Until Dawn once I'm done with Beyond and MGS.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Ugh.  Amazon screwed me over a bit.  I pre-ordered Metal Gear solid because it said on their site the game would be released September 1st.  I go to check on my order and now the site says that the game will be available on September 10th.  If it had listed the 10th as when Amazon would have it available, I would have just got it somewhere else.

The delay itself isn't a big deal (though it's still irksome that they list one date for pre-order, then change it when the game is out), but the fact I also ordered books with it and now my books are on hold until the 10th because I'd indicated for the entire order to be shipped at the same time (since I thought MGS would be available the 1st anyway).

At least I have Mad Max to keep me occupied for the next two weeks.  But geez, not happy at all right now.

You can still cancle the order and then buy it again.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I needed the two orders combined (game and book) to qualify for free shipping.  If I cancel the order and re-order each separately, the book order won't meet the free shipping requirement.

In any case, I e-mailed them to complain and now they're separating my order and shipping when each individual item is available, but not charging me for the extra shipping.  So I guess that works.

Btw. Physical copy of PC MGS contains on the disk only Steam installer. So you might think about cancelling your preorder. You will have to download it anyway.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/08/31/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-pc-disc-only-contains-steam-installer/

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I needed the two orders combined (game and book) to qualify for free shipping.  If I cancel the order and re-order each separately, the book order won't meet the free shipping requirement.

In any case, I e-mailed them to complain and now they're separating my order and shipping when each individual item is available, but not charging me for the extra shipping.  So I guess that works.

Heh, in germany book orders are always free of shipping costs, no matter the price. At least on Amazon... No idea if it's a general thing.. Usually only buy my books on Amazon.

Dragon age inquisition is installed on a loaner I got.

It's.. pretty unimpressive. I chose bow-thief and combat consists of shooting ghosts at point blank range interspaced with special abilities with cooldowns, like an MMO basically. There is no dodging and rolling around like you would expect from the class description, trying to keep your distance to the target might work if it's a really slow boss but usually it's an exercise in futility. 

If you have a big sword you don't get a ranged attack and vice versa, just because. The pause and give order option doesn't seem to offer much advantage over just leaving the AI to do its thing.

My conclusion here is that trying to make it both arcady and tactical at the same time doesn't work, pick one or the other.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Don't bother with the tactical mode on the PC. That never worked right and it among the most glaring issues the game has due to being multi-platform. That and the silly 8 active abilities limit imposed by not having enough buttons on a controller.

Feh, and then the console peasants are annoyed and won't understand why the PC master race belittles them. *sigh*

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Dragon age inquisition is installed on a loaner I got.

It's.. pretty unimpressive. I chose bow-thief and combat consists of shooting ghosts at point blank range interspaced with special abilities with cooldowns, like an MMO basically. There is no dodging and rolling around like you would expect from the class description, trying to keep your distance to the target might work if it's a really slow boss but usually it's an exercise in futility. 

If you have a big sword you don't get a ranged attack and vice versa, just because. The pause and give order option doesn't seem to offer much advantage over just leaving the AI to do its thing.

My conclusion here is that trying to make it both arcady and tactical at the same time doesn't work, pick one or the other.

Yup, only the dragon fights require a bit of micromanagement (note though that I said "micromanagement" and not "tactics" on purpose)

Decided to check out Skyforge, it's got a couple of interesting concepts, the unlocking classes through a sort of gigantic skill graph kinda helps differentiate people after a while. Graphics are nice (though not nice enough imho for it to be acceptable for my GTX970 to dip to 9fps occasionally), setting is cool, combat is not bad (though not especially noteworthy either imho), voice acting is often downright terrible (and the syncing with the character animations is often way off, maybe because those assume Russian?), story could potentially be interesting, the way it's brought is...meh though ("your character acts like a bleeding moron to further the story" kind of stuff)

In other news, even though I backed through PayPay (which apparently meant I didn't get an expansion key, though everything else of that tier was in) Obsidian has been awesome and provided me a key anyway, which is pretty damn nice of them (and much appreciated since funds are kinda tighter now than back when their KS had just finished, what with buying a house and all that), details here.

Edited by marelooke