What are you playing now?

Playing Wasteland 2 and I keep wondering why 10% chance to fail critically is more like 50% in reality.

It's kind of like that 4% chance that your weapon jams. It seems to happen every other shot until you modify the weapon and the problem goes away. WL2 really seems to have a random number generator specifically built to torture the player, or the interface lies in your face and every fail chance is multiplied by 10 whenever it is below 10%. ;)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Another Pillars playthrough, and I keep trying to finish my Mass Effect 1 playthrough, but I keep hitting a roadblock after rescuing Liara (first main quest after being made a Spectre), in that everywhere I go and everything I try to do results in me getting killed.  :ermm: (If there's a leveling gate on certain quests, I seem to keep hitting all the hard ones.)

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

Tried Xenonauts today after getting a free copy from GOG for buying enough of their summer sale stuff. Haven't played enough to really form some sort of fair judgement but so far it seems like straight up UFO: Enemy Unknown clone with improved interception mechanics and different graphics. I hope it'll give me a reason to continue to play it at some point, rather than starting another game of the ancient ones. :yes:

Picked up the first chapter of Life is Stange in the steam sale just to see what it was like. it was.. strangely compelling and I find myself tempted to pick up the rest of the available chapters to see how it all plays out and what consequences might occur from my early choices.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Internet was out all night, was rather amused that I couldn't play GTA V (didn't try Steam, though) so played Door Kickers. That beach house mission was insane, what kind of agency sends 4 guys to deal with 27 hostiles :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Internet was out all night, was rather amused that I couldn't play GTA V (didn't try Steam, though) so played Door Kickers. That beach house mission was insane, what kind of agency sends 4 guys to deal with 27 hostiles :p

The A-Team?

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Got myself The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited for the PS4. Still waiting for the huge update to finish downloading. Apparently the game couldn't be fitted into one Blu-ray disc. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm up to chapter 11 in Shadow Warrior.  There very few FPS games with good melee, thankfully this is one of those few.  Slicing up demons never gets old.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Still on my second play-thru of the Witcher 3.  This time, I'm playing as a mercenary Geralt, always asking for the maximum coin and not caring about being diplomatic.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Started playing Life is Strange and C&C: Tiberium Wars, despite wanting to wait for the former to release every episode first. It's surprisingly addictive, having a lot of fun. I like how they spiced up a slice-of-life story with time travelling.

Oh and I suck at C&C. Even though I think some missions are harder than necessary.

Edited by Oner

Think I'm nearing the end of DA:I, did all the side quests I could find, collected all the shards (boy, did that have a bad effort to reward ratio), killed the last few High Dragons, didn't bother trying to complete all the mosaics though. So just finishing up some War Table operations and then it's up to the endgame (at least everyone seems convinced we're going to beat up big baddie next, though I guess they could always string up a few more schemes that need dismantling)

Divinity: Original Sin. It's one of the worst written games I played recently. I'm skipping dialogs entirely. The only redeeming point is its combat, which is a lot of fun. And I can see that coop could be a lot of fun, too.

I finished Shadow Warrior (2013) again.  I had forgotten how infuriatingly long the second to last battle in the second to last chapter was.  Besides that one disgustingly long battle (seriously, I had to pause a couple times because my hand was cramping up), though, I had a ton of fun playing the game.  I have no idea what I'm going to play now.  I had hoped to be playing Shadow of Mordor (so many "Shadow" games) by now, but the Linux port isn't out yet.  Feral Interactive stated "Spring 2015" as the target release for it, but obviously they missed that target since spring is over.  Hopefully it's out soon.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Fallout New Vegas. I'm getting ready to head into Dead Money.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Divinity: Original Sin. It's one of the worst written games I played recently. I'm skipping dialogs entirely. 

Perhaps that's what I should do - I've been waiting for someone to play it with, but I do wanna try out the combat system.. Just can't strand the cringe worthy "humor".

Fortune favors the bald.

I believe you also have a sniper at your disposal for that mission.

The campaign missions tend to allow you more dudes per mission on average compared to the single missions.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I think I'm nearing the final stretch of Witcher 3. Got Arkham Knight to play starting tomorrow, so hope I get there.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I believe you also have a sniper at your disposal for that mission.

The campaign missions tend to allow you more dudes per mission on average compared to the single missions.

Yeah, was a slight help - though on the last run I did most of them were inside. Still pushing along, thankfully the hostage takers don't hear the gunfire and flashbangs on the other side of the wall.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I just had one of the easiest games of FTL ever. Started with the Type A Stealth Cruiser and figured I'd be in for a rough ride, but the RNG gods were benevolent this time. Ended up with a Burst Laser Mk. II, the Dual Laser it starts with and a Glaive Beam - and I managed to find a Weapon Pre-Igniter in the second sector which made not getting shields until later on manageable. Nothing except the Flagship survives an opening salvo of five laser blasts and the Glaive, or if it does it's in no condition to fight back.

The only downside is that with the cloaking and easy killing my crew piloting and engine crew had almost no level ups, but who cares. Actually managed to survive the first two Flagship phases without hull damage. The third phase was easy as well but they did manage to fire a hole or two into my ship. Bloody supercharged massive attack is on less of a cooldown than the cloak. ;)

Of course that luck didn't last and the next game actually killed me off in the first 10 minutes. A failed rescue mission and then a large boarding party out of a refueling station, no, that didn't end so well.

Easily the best 4€ I spent on a game in a long while. Yay GOG sales. :)

I enjoyed FTL, but I hated that the ship types were locked behind completing the game with other ships (and completing certain acievements with those ships, too). I don't want to have to beat the game multiple times using the dozen or so awful (IMO) ships that focus on playing in a specific way I don't enjoy to unlock the ships I actually *would* enjoy using...why do so many developers think this type of stuff is a brilliant way of locking content?

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I enjoyed FTL, but I hated that the ship types were locked behind completing the game with other ships (and completing certain acievements with those ships, too). I don't want to have to beat the game multiple times using the dozen or so awful (IMO) ships that focus on playing in a specific way I don't enjoy to unlock the ships I actually *would* enjoy using...why do so many developers think this type of stuff is a brilliant way of locking content?

I guess they added the unlocking trough game completion part after realizing that unlocking them through doing quests in the random insanity of the game is too much of a chore, both of which being decisions I personally don't mind but I can completely understand why you would be bothered with them. I haven't unlocked that many ships yet because of that. I was kind of hoping for the quests to show up but getting stronghold/homeworld sectors is rare enough, and then finding that one system to start? Meh.

Right now Cities Skylines to chill out with podcasts runing, and then usualy Witcher 1 -> 3..that may take some time O_O

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."