What are you playing now?

Started Witcher 1 yesterday, and while i had a hard time getting into it again (just like the first time), i´m enjoying the hell out of it now...and it´s my first step on a complete playthrough of all three games. And if i´m not in the mood for it, it´s Cities Skylines..very relaxing. :)

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

Started Witcher 1 yesterday, and while i had a hard time getting into it again (just like the first time), i´m enjoying the hell out of it now...and it´s my first step on a complete playthrough of all three games. And if i´m not in the mood for it, it´s Cities Skylines..very relaxing. :)

Maybe it's because of its age, or maybe it's because I had to play it on my crappy laptop as compared to playing TW2 and TW3 on my big screen TV, but I just didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the second two.  I finished it once, but have no desire to go back to it.  Meanwhile, I've played TW2 and TW3 more than once and will likely play them again in the future.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Maybe it's because of its age, or maybe it's because I had to play it on my crappy laptop as compared to playing TW2 and TW3 on my big screen TV, but I just didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the second two.  I finished it once, but have no desire to go back to it.  Meanwhile, I've played TW2 and TW3 more than once and will likely play them again in the future.

It didn´t age well considering the engine/graphics. Also the combat system is so "alien" that it takes time to get into it. It´s very unique. It´s very much QTE in terms of "just hit the right button" but at the same you can do much more latter on in the game, depending on what traits you choose. However it doesn´t control well. But the story and world are just too good, especially how people react to you (or not depending on how you treat them). You may miss out a lot of quests just for sticking to your believes. (and in return get others) Thats RPG for me.

I know decisions don´t really matter in the other games (sadly) but the story is good enough to play thru it and thats what i´m doing ^,^

Edited by cirdanx

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

Apotheon. Great 2D sidescrolling ARPG. Cool art style, pretty decent combat mechanics (that are a little frustrating to control at first, but you should get used to not too slowly)...simple plot, but decent enough and complimented well by some pretty good voice acting. A little too easy at times, though: I recommend playing on the harder difficulty, where most of the additional difficulty comes from the fact that when you're hit mid-attack, your attacks are interrupted just as normal enemies are (which is not how it works on the normal difficulty, where you keep swinging even after getting hit). Game also lasts a little longer than I felt it should've...but that's fine, really. Overall, I had a pretty good experience.

This is still my personal GOTY.

Apotheon. Great 2D sidescrolling ARPG. Cool art style, pretty decent combat mechanics (that are a little frustrating to control at first, but you should get used to not too slowly)...simple plot, but decent enough and complimented well by some pretty good voice acting. A little too easy at times, though: I recommend playing on the harder difficulty, where most of the additional difficulty comes from the fact that when you're hit mid-attack, your attacks are interrupted just as normal enemies are (which is not how it works on the normal difficulty, where you keep swinging even after getting hit). Game also lasts a little longer than I felt it should've...but that's fine, really. Overall, I had a pretty good experience.

My biggest complaint was that by the time I got to Poseidon (the area that I did last), I felt like I should've been heading on up towards Olympus already...and Olympus (e: Poseidon, not Olympus) was a fairly big area, so I had to take a few days break to get motivated into finishing it. tongue.png

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

My biggest complaint was that by the time I got to Poseidon (the area that I did last), I felt like I should've been heading on up towards Olympus already...and Olympus (e: Poseidon, not Olympus) was a fairly big area, so I had to take a few days break to get motivated into finishing it. tongue.png

My complaint would be crashes. I think I had 10 crashes in 16 hours

• Like 1

Kinda alternating between GTA V and Witcher 3. But both are kinda on the verge of getting old for me now.

In Witcher 3, I'm getting ready to move on from Velen to Skellige though I have a ton of the simpler sidequests left to do. I dunno, as pretty as the world is, the open-world appeal isn't there for me. Especially with how they did the leveling system, loot and "hotspots" on the map. Just not feeling that part of the game at all.

Kinda liking some of the story segments but some of the Novigrad stuff really overstayed its welcome.

GTAV has a great open world for a GTA game though. Not only can it be immensely beautiful and feels "realistic" (within the GTA formula of course), it can be an experience at times just to walk down the street and see what's going on. It also makes me want to visit the beach and go swimming whenever I'm in the water in the game.

The missions are a mixed bunch though, as with all GTA games.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

My complaint would be crashes. I think I had 10 crashes in 16 hours

Oh, that's funny, now that you mention it! I went through about 99% of the game without a single crash...but then once I got to Olympus, I started crashing...happened probably a good ten times over the last twenty to thirty minutes of the game. Drove me insane.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, heard Ozar Midrashim and had to play, think i'll do the series runthrough.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm playing Portal Stories: Mel.  It's pretty good so far, it's more Portal and I certainly don't mind that.  I love Portal and Portal 2, they're amazing games.  The voice acting is decent and the humor is a bit hit and miss, but it's definitely on the very high end of what I expect from a free community effort.  Seems relatively meaty for a community mod too, I mean, I haven't even finished chapter 2 yet and there are 6 I think.  At this pace, I could be looking at 8 or 10 hours of gameplay.  Obviously gameplay time will vary wildly depending on how quickly you solve the puzzles.  This ol' brain isn't as sharp as it used to be, but I solve the puzzles eventually.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finishing up my second run through TW3.  I'm closing in on the preparations for the final battle.  Then I'll get started on Resident Evil Revelations 2.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Portal Stories: Mel is definitely harder than Portal 2, or even the first Portal (which was more difficult, in my opinion, than the sequel).  I welcome that, as one of my very few complaints about Portal 2 is that it was too easy.  

Also, I'm hoping Her Story gets a Linux version.  Sam Barlow has stated that she's looking into it, but nothing is certain.  It looks like an interesting detective type game.  Plus, I have a soft spot for FMV games.  For now, I'm going to avoid all videos and discussion of the game so that I can go into it fresh should a Linux version materialize.  If not, I'll watch a Let's Play of it in the future.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

A shooter, shooting stuff. Aliens and armored vehicles. I don't know who I am either. Somehow in all the time since 2001 I never put on Master Chief's armor, but now I see what all the fuss was about. Simple mechanics, samey-same levels, but satisfying variety of play, single-player story, driveable weaponized vehicles, and pretty hilarious AI banter between UNSC squad Marines.

Also a female computer voice in my helmet (whose essence reportedly is headed to Windows phones). Music is good, and this remastered Anniversary edition from 2011 looks great. Not sure what the framerate is, but it feels super quick and crisp. The full title is Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.     

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The graphics are atrocious but the rest of the game is just gold. I always love me some under appreciated Raven Software games.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

GTA V, mainly doing the side missions. Should go back and kill Josh though, boy did that mission chain get weird.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finished my second play through of The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt.  Got a different ending from my first play through, including a nice surprise for a final battle in the "epilogue".

Now on to Resident Evil Revelations 2.

Kain as voiced by Simon Templeman is such a fantastic character, in turn sardonic and witty, wise and empathic, and even bestial in his lust for battle and blood. The array of powers at his command is also broad and impressive, light to banish darkness, bolts of raw telekinetic power, the ability to shift into a lupine form, to return in the blink of an eye to the crypt from which he was spawned and utilise artifacts of terrible destructive power. He feels like a power moving across the land, and his magic feels strong and for wont of a better word, magical.

Of course the graphics are utterly dreck in most places, but the inventory and informations screens still feature some lovely artwork that really set the mood, with verbose descriptions by Kain, full of humour and sometimes pathos.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Still playing Portal Stories: Mel and having a blast with it.  If you played Portal 2 and thought to yourself "I really like this gameplay, I just wish it was significantly harder" then this free mod is for you.  There are some devilishly tricky puzzles and I'm not even at the end yet, I suspect it will get harder.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Finished episode 1 of Resident Evil Revelations 2.  Not a bad chapter, but not as good (IMO) as Resident Evil Revelations 1's intro chapter.  I thought the setting and build up was more interesting in the first game.  I'm also more of a fan of Jill Valentine than Claire Redfield.

Just finished BG:EE (second time I've finished BG ever...yay!).  Now to move on to BG2:EE and hopefully actually complete it (or even get any amount into it, which I've never done before...it just doesn't seem to catch me.)

BG series has the most insane Fallout easter egg... but you must start it in BG1 to complete it in BG2/Throne of Bhaal.

I wonder if the BG:EE team has done any updates to that; or did they even know about it?

Edited by Gizmo

Just finished BG:EE (second time I've finished BG ever...yay!).  Now to move on to BG2:EE and hopefully actually complete it (or even get any amount into it, which I've never done before...it just doesn't seem to catch me.)

BG series has the most insane Fallout easter egg... but you must start it in BG1 to complete it in BG2/Throne of Bhaal.

I wonder if the BG:EE team has done any updates to that; or did they even know about it?

Are you referring to the "Pantaloons Enigma" (and if so, what makes it a Fallout easter egg?) or is there something else that crosses the entire saga?

Edited by marelooke

Are you referring to the "Pantaloons Enigma" (and if so, what makes it a Fallout easter egg?) or is there something else that crosses the entire saga?

Spoiler: (No really!)

Because when you complete it, you get an iron golem like armor with a flame thrower and a rocket launcher, and energy minigun.

bigmetalunit_b01.jpg

bigmetalrod_b.jpg

Edited by Gizmo

I finished Batman: Arkham Knight.

I fully expected to hate the "twist" and the ending. But they're not so bad. The twist is only annoying in a "they said it wasn't this" kind of way. The ending is actually pretty darn good, not fantastic, but good. The 100% ending is comic book dumb, you get used to it. And it would work as a setup for Batman Beyond and that's always good.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."