What are you playing now?

Fallout 3 still. Miss having Marts Mutant Mod. I liked the challenges it brought. But I believe it caused crashes in my previous games. I would have crashes around spawn points in the game.

Yeah I ditched MMM years ago for the same reason.  I mostly miss the swarms of night ghouls :(

I forgot what a pain it is to navigate the DC Metro system in Fallout 3.

I loved them, a nightmarish mega-dungeon that could take you anywhere.

Edited by WDeranged

I forgot how often a Bethesda game can crash. Really, New Vegas with 50 mods runs a lot more stable for me than Fallout 3 without any mods. This thing is crashing like a madman.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Playing GTA V, rather liking it so far. Did a random quest to help some lady who claimed another woman was being assaulted, surprise it was a trap. Shame she didn't beg or anything after I waxed the ambushers, but oh well. The new police behaviour is good change, too, slightly easier to avoid, but that may be due to the map.

Maybe I will try some online too.

Yeah I'm also playing GTAV, I am loving it. There are loads of side quests, I have done things like hunting and Jet Ski racing 

And I picked up my first hooker as Trevor but I have been to strip clubs with the other guys  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Haven't been playing too much of late.

Dabbled some with Valkyria Chronicles.

Pondering on the urge for some retail therapy, considering whether to grab GTA V with the 25% off voucher from GreenManGaming or wait and see if the Steam summer sales include it.. hmmm....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I forgot how often a Bethesda game can crash. Really, New Vegas with 50 mods runs a lot more stable for me than Fallout 3 without any mods. This thing is crashing like a madman.

Yep it's a crash nightmare, Bethesda's other games are paragons of stability by comparison.  I can't see myself playing it again unless modders can do something about it.  New Vegas Anti Crash will help to prevent some but it doesn't fully support Fallout 3.

Edited by WDeranged

I feel your pain, folks.  I still have nightmares about running Fallout 3.  There came a point in the game where I would literally save every 10 seconds because the game was liable to CTD at any moment.  Sometimes it would run fine for an hour, sometimes it would CTD 2 seconds after loading the game.  And this was without any mods, and not the very first release version of the game, it was 1.4 or 1.5 or whatever (it was a long time ago, I don't remember exactly).  That game was (and still is, from the sound of it) unbelievably buggy, it's crazy that Bethesda mostly got a free pass on it.  Gamebryo still has bugs that date all the way back to Morrowind, they were never fixed, not by Gamebase, not by Bethesda.  Now that it's mostly faded into obscurity I can happily say that I will not miss Gamebryo one bit.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I feel your pain, folks.  I still have nightmares about running Fallout 3.  There came a point in the game where I would literally save every 10 seconds because the game was liable to CTD at any moment.  Sometimes it would run fine for an hour, sometimes it would CTD 2 seconds after loading the game.  And this was without any mods, and not the very first release version of the game, it was 1.4 or 1.5 or whatever (it was a long time ago, I don't remember exactly).  That game was (and still is, from the sound of it) unbelievably buggy, it's crazy that Bethesda mostly got a free pass on it.  Gamebryo still has bugs that date all the way back to Morrowind, they were never fixed, not by Gamebase, not by Bethesda.  Now that it's mostly faded into obscurity I can happily say that I will not miss Gamebryo one bit.

Fallout 3 was most stable for me on release, before patches/DLC and running on Win XP. 

Okay, giving GTA V a whirl. I have to say, while I don't object to games being a little tweaky to "cheat" against you, I find blatantly ignoring their own physics engine to be a bit annoying.

The Franklin vs Lamar race where Lamar is strictly on rails and can slam through cars as if he's in a 6 ton tank, and if you get ahead of him, he will slam into you, and drag you along walls while ignoring all physics effects before you get spun out and he keeps going on his merry way.  Or the other effect when you get ahead of him, that at specific points along the race he will suddenly shoot ahead at many times the possible acceleration.. and if you happen to be in that path.. your car will get thrown into the air. 

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

May have to start a new game of New Vegas instead. I'm not going to take these hard crashes in Fallout 3 for too much longer.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Jaws of Hakkon is ... okay.  It doesn't seem any different than the sidequests you get in the main game in places like the Emerald Groves or Imprise du Lion.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

With the Shadow Warrior 2 announcement I was inspired to give my Wang some love again.  So, I whipped out my Wang and I blew my load...  into enemies...  with a gun.  Alright, that's enough lame Wang jokes (I couldn't help myself).  Anyway, Shadow Warrior is so freakin' good.  It's just a bunch of goofy, ridiculous fun.

Besides that I did my daily Strife match, I'll might play again later today too.  It was the single best team performance I've been a part of.  Obviously, when solo queueing it's a crap shoot as to how your team will turn out, this particular team actually functioned like a well oiled machine.  We communicated well, assisted each other, set up ganks, took objectives, just played really well together.  We were all on the same page and it worked wonderfully.  For my part, I played a smart and controlled game.  I bullied my lane early on (I played mid this time, I usually play bottom) but was controlled enough to drop back and not overcommit and let bloodthirst take over and get myself into bad positions trying for early kills.  It wasn't a perfect game, by any stretch, I did walk into a really bad gank once that I absolutely should have seen coming, but that was really the only time I completely needlessly fed the opposing team.  After the early game I started roaming, doing a bit of jungle farming and helping with ganks in other lanes, in late game I was a sieging machine and contributed to all our Baldir and Cindara kills, I even soloed Baldir once while the rest of my team pushed the lanes.  Stats don't tell the whole story, but I ended with 4 kills 10 assists and 4 deaths, that's a 3.5 K+A/D ratio, which is pretty good.  Since I've switched to a less power-focused, but tankier and more mobile build I've been picking up less kills but more assists and having less deaths.  I'm perfectly happy with that trade off.  I'm getting pretty decent with Vermillion, I should start branching out to other heroes.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Exactly. The game is good, but some of the maps... really... way too long and annoying. You think it's over, and then that damn thing still goes on and on.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Fallout New Vegas. Less crashy. I like FNV because it reminds me of the original two. It helps they used some of the old ambient music with this. Plus I can play the radio on the pipboy which I couldn't in F3. F3 it was statically. Must be a Windows 8.X thing because I could play it on Windows 7 and XP. 

Ah yes, damn you Obsidian, now I like Western music thanks to FNV. :p

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

But seriously, the fallout series have made me fall in love with so much weird music (for my non gamer friends). I even bonded with an old lady I visited as I recognized the Ink Spots, made her so happy that my generation knew those songs haha.

Fortune favors the bald.

I snapped up Homeworld Remastered in the Steam sale but quickly realised I'd never actually play it again.  The camera movement is stuttery and sometimes commands halt the game for a moment.  I found myself groaning at everything...I used to love this game but now I don't have the time or patience for convoluted interfaces so it has the honour of being my first Steam refund  :facepalm:

Fallout New Vegas. Less crashy. I like FNV because it reminds me of the original two. It helps they used some of the old ambient music with this. Plus I can play the radio on the pipboy which I couldn't in F3. F3 it was statically. Must be a Windows 8.X thing because I could play it on Windows 7 and XP. 

There's a fix for the stuttery radio on Fallout 3 but it involves disabling codecs.  I'm hoping a mod called Tale of Two Wastelands reaches maturity, seems like it might be the only way to play Fallout 3 without all the technical issues.

But seriously, the fallout series have made me fall in love with so much weird music (for my non gamer friends). I even bonded with an old lady I visited as I recognized the Ink Spots, made her so happy that my generation knew those songs haha.

I'd always been a bit partial to old music but the Fallout games cemented it.  I recommend the mods 'More Where That Came From' for Fallout 3 and "Secret Stash" for New Vegas, the author obsessively tracked down songs titles that were referenced in the games  :yes:

Edited by WDeranged

Got bored with DA:I so figured it might be about time to finish up my Shadowrun Returns Deadman's Switch campaign. Yeah, guess not, seems all the patches totally broke my savegame.

I think I'm pretty far in now:

In the basement where you first get ambushed by those bugs. But last time I tried the fight I died and had to redo the entire map, which I back then couldn't be bothered with, so I waited for the save feature and then never picked it back up, until now. Alas, once Jessica has had her speech the bugs don't spawn and the game just hangs there...the UI is available but I can't actually use anything (including getting into the menus)

Not sure if I can be bothered to start over at this point, ugh. :(

Edited by marelooke

Yeah. I can't stand the environments of the Fallouts but simply being able to listen to the radio and adding music mods to FNV even moreso makes it more fun to play. The radio was so buggy in FO3 that I didn't even bother turning it on, thus killing a fair amount of the playability. The wasteland is mindnumbingly dull without music. 

Purchased AudioSurf 2 on Steam. I have several hundred hours in AudioSurf 1, and was expecting to like AudioSurf 2. I don't. Seems like the game is worst in every conceivable way that matters while improving on or adding things I don't care about. I'll be giving it another hour tomorrow, but if I still can't stand it by then, I'll likely be getting a refund.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Finally came around to picking up the "Enemy Within" expansion pack for XCOM. After re-installing the game I downloaded a few mods from the Nexus and Jesus Christ, trying to get my head around the mod installation process is giving me an aneurysm.

I think I'll stick to

, thank you very much.

There are literally 2 mods.

LongWar, which will autoinstall with its own .exe

And a camo mod if you want some spice up