Dragon Age: Inquistion

There is already horse armor for Inquisition, isn't there? Or was it a mount? I don't remember.

Can you romance it?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

the appropriate term for horse armour is barding.  this does make us wonder if barding is appropriate for describing lizard or unicorn armour. 

barding is also a cooking technique. wrap fat and or fatty meat 'round a second meat that has a tendency to dry-out during cooking. the most convenient option for state-side home chefs is to use bacon, but Gromnir loathes store purchased bacon as it is invariably water-cured-- real bacon has forever ruined us insofar as supermarket bacon is concerned.  regardless, am personally finding that duck is our "fat" of choice when barding.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I suppose it depends what gender the mount is? Same sex horseplay would probably be too risque with all the homophobes trolling the forums. Unless they cop out and make mounts player-sexual too, I suppose.

To all the naysayers - I can easily see this as a DLC idea.

• Like 1

Calling it -- Horse Armor DLC confirmed for Inqusition. You head it here!

Was announced a long time ago, see Gamestop preorder bonus.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Lolwut - So they really are pulling a Bethesda. 

Only if they will sell it with 5 dollars afterwards for those who didn't buy deluxe edition, but if you look prices for dlc gear in previous installments, then I would give it quite high probability that they will just do that.

• Like 2

Only if they will sell it with 5 dollars afterwards for those who didn't buy deluxe edition, but if you look prices for dlc gear in previous installments, then I would give it quite high probability that they will just do that.

it would be interesting to learn how a publisher decides what dlc scheme, if any, is beyond the pale.

horse barding, which in this context is unlikely to involve the beast being wrapped in bacon strips, is the kinda thing we do not mind at all insofar as dlc. from what we saw, da:i horsies is kinda like a glorified taxi system. stare at equine rear as it fast travels sounds ever so exciting. no doubt most compelling aspect will be inevitable stories 'bout how some pre-teen kid in hoboken had an epileptic seizure as he stared at mule butt for hours on end... pun intended. am doubtful that horse barding provides significant improved gameplay opportunities-- mostly cosmetic.

day 1 shale dlc? yeah, is optional-- don't Need shale to finish the game. even so, that kinda dlc strikes us as a bit more shiesty. shale were arguably one o' the better joinable npcs in da:o. to make her dlc strikes us as questionable. what if were two, three, or even four o' the joinable npcs that were made dlc?  and quests? optional side-quests-- how many or what % need be included in game? perhaps only critical path need be part o' the main game, and rest should be dlc like some kinda chinese menu? 

am not having a clear notion o' what is appropriate. at what point is dlc requiring us to buy to get a full game? we don't have answers. 

we do know that for Gromnir, horse barding as dlc is amusing but not particularly onerous.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Pre-order content =/= DLC.

False.  It is content that is downloaded outside the standard base game, hence downloadable content.  Not to mention, 99.95% chance it will be available as a separate download for $3.99 or whatever a month or two down the line.

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

the appropriate term for horse armour is barding.  this does make us wonder if barding is appropriate for describing lizard or unicorn armour. 

barding is also a cooking technique. wrap fat and or fatty meat 'round a second meat that has a tendency to dry-out during cooking. the most convenient option for state-side home chefs is to use bacon, but Gromnir loathes store purchased bacon as it is invariably water-cured-- real bacon has forever ruined us insofar as supermarket bacon is concerned.  regardless, am personally finding that duck is our "fat" of choice when barding.

HA! Good Fun!

And here I would have guessed (with no context, of course) that "barding" was what Bards do. :p Learn something new everyday (two for today so far, also learned about "buskers").

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Well the game doesn't really look good for me.. same combat mechanics like in DA2, probably nothing impressive story wise. Not going to pre-order and probably will wait for some bundle with all DLCs. If they will somehow redeem themselves after crap that's been pouring out starting with ME2 and complete let downs in form of DA2 and ME3, then I might consider putting them back on full price/pre-order list of devs. Currently they are far down and I am not going to buy this DA:I Hype.

I'd like to point out that I've gotten all the three much-whined-about DLC characters with my game, in da2 simply by preordering and me3 and dao by buying the CEs. So I tend to view all the people who choose to buy CE content separately and whine about it as, well, whiners.

Edit: shale was project $ 10, like zaeed, so the ce was just for me3...

Edited by Nepenthe

Yeah, I've never really understood why everyone hates DLC so much.  If you don't think the extra content is worth the money....don't buy it! And if you think the game is somehow incomplete without it (which is almost never true) then don't buy the game!  The reason publishers moved towards DLC is because game costs are rising and they can't just increase prices on games without cutting into sales.  So DLC provides a way for them to get more money from the "uber-fans" who don't mind paying an extra $10-15 for a slightly-larger game. Yes, this means that the price-per-gameplay-hour of DLC is usually much higher than that of the main game, but again, if that bothers you, don't buy it.  Or wait two years and buy the inevitable "ULTIMATE GOTY FINAL EDITION" for $25.

• Like 2

Yeah, I've never really understood why everyone hates DLC so much.  If you don't think the extra content is worth the money....don't buy it! And if you think the game is somehow incomplete without it (which is almost never true) then don't buy the game!  The reason publishers moved towards DLC is because game costs are rising and they can't just increase prices on games without cutting into sales.  So DLC provides a way for them to get more money from the "uber-fans" who don't mind paying an extra $10-15 for a slightly-larger game. Yes, this means that the price-per-gameplay-hour of DLC is usually much higher than that of the main game, but again, if that bothers you, don't buy it.  Or wait two years and buy the inevitable "ULTIMATE GOTY FINAL EDITION" for $25.

A succint summary of why I don't buy Bioware games anymore.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I have so many horror stories of people in real life and online talking about how they are forced to buy all the different pre-order versions of the game in order to have the full thing, which doesn't even make sense because you can't combine them. 

I have so many horror stories of people in real life and online talking about how they are forced to buy all the different pre-order versions of the game in order to have the full thing, which doesn't even make sense because you can't combine them. 

It is in the nature of the beast that gamers include a large number of completists and OCD-like obsessives. We've all met them.

DLC is simply a digital version of the PnP splat-book, revenue-candy aimed at the collector's weak spot. I agree with lobotomy42.

I've lost count of the number of great games I've bought, bundled with every piece of DLC, for peanuts during a Steam sale. Good things come to those that wait.

sonsofgygax.JPG

False.  It is content that is downloaded outside the standard base game, hence downloadable content.  Not to mention, 99.95% chance it will be available as a separate download for $3.99 or whatever a month or two down the line.

Well... sort of. If you still buy physical media a lot of the pre order dlc is simply activated from the disc rather than downloaded, or only a very small activator file is downloaded. Pretty sure that has typically been the case with Bioware's pre-order stuff and was with their last game, ME3.

(Really though, it's nitpicky to make a distinction either way, the principle of pre order content is practically identical to that of dlc- but, it doesn't always obey the dl part of the pseudoacronym)

Well... sort of. If you still buy physical media a lot of the pre order dlc is simply activated from the disc rather than downloaded, or only a very small activator file is downloaded. Pretty sure that has typically been the case with Bioware's pre-order stuff and was with their last game, ME3.

(Really though, it's nitpicky to make a distinction either way, the principle of pre order content is practically identical to that of dlc- but, it doesn't always obey the dl part of the pseudoacronym)

Pretty sure it hasn't been the case. Not sure about the amount of vo me3 had for the dlc char, but they've all been sizable downloads.

They might not tell the truth when they say dlc is created by people who would otherwise have no work after content lock (ie. Writers, satellite studio), but I sure as hell believe them when they say that character/mission/quest would not have been done without the expected dlc sales to fund it.

Now preorder bonuses, those suck. The best me2 heavy weapon never got a full release, which absolutely blows.