Dragon Age: Inquistion

Just for Monte, Bioware just confirmed More Romances than Ever Before! ;)

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Like 3

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

DA:I is just sounding better and better :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What about broodmother romance?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Cassandra is beautiful

Taste is certainly subjective. We all get our juices going over all sorts of things. Just for you Cassandra fans out there, a cosplay by Teddiliza:

cassandra_dragonage_inquisition_photo_by
Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Just watched the E3 interview, no one mentioned that the core game (without side quests) will take around 50 hours. That's pretty big.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Just watched the E3 interview, no one mentioned that the core game (without side quests) will take around 50 hours. That's pretty big.

Because a) these announced lengths are always bs and b) personally consider the length of a game to be just above the box art in importance ;)

Because a) these announced lengths are always bs and b) personally consider the length of a game to be just above the box art in importance ;)

Good for you.

Good for you.

Seriously, though, the length of a single playthrough is the least important metric ever, as **** can be artificially stretched out (me1 planets) and is of minir importance in the total-time-for-buck, which mostly consists of replayability, anyway...
  • Like 2

Good for you.

Seriously, though, the length of a single playthrough is the least important metric ever, as **** can be artificially stretched out (me1 planets) and is of minir importance in the total-time-for-buck, which mostly consists of replayability, anyway...

b5PmjCs.jpg

Free games updated 3/4/21

This is not all the **** you can do in the game will take 50 hours, this is the core strory in the game taking 50 hours. That is a big difference, and if that is artificialy streached out, then the game is simply ****.

Edited by Sarex

I'll take quality minutes over quantity of minutes.  After DA Origins, BioWare's got to prove to me that the quality will match the length (found a lot of the game tedious, hence why I constantly give up on replaying it).

• Like 3

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yeah, everything about DAO was just a bit too long. DAI will certainly have failings but I'd be very surprised if 'too short' were one of them. Jade Empire was probably Bioware's shortest game- took me a bit over a dozen hours so probably a sixth of DAO- yet I found it too long and thought the end sections dragged horribly.

Far more important is whether you like what is being supplied, DAO was ~six times the length of JE, so while I did find that parts of DAO dragged it was after a lot more time than JE and I liked DAO a lot more overall.

• Like 1

I'm pleasantly surprised, the latest trailer twitch gameplay vid looked good, beautiful animations, good looking environments and the female Qunari design greatly exceeded my fairly low expectations. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Have they already introduced all your party members?  I hate that if they have.  That's one of the things I enjoy most about playing through the game for the first time: meeting these new characters I had no prior knowledge of.

Now companies seem to want to give you full bios of every character you'll meet in the game.  Ruins part of the experience for me.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Have they already introduced all your party members?  I hate that if they have.  That's one of the things I enjoy most about playing through the game for the first time: meeting these new characters I had no prior knowledge of.

Now companies seem to want to give you full bios of every character you'll meet in the game.  Ruins part of the experience for me.

Well who would have guessed that

Loghain

would be a possible party member in Dragon Age: Origins?

Dare to dream, my friend.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Well who would have guessed that

Loghain

would be a possible party member in Dragon Age: Origins?

Dare to dream, my friend.

But in most playthroughs he's stone cold dead. Deceased. An ex-parrot. Considering how Zevran, Leliana and Morrigan can also be dead but still turn up anyway over the various games I'm starting to wonder if the Warden Commander was just really incompetent. It reminds me of that Robot Chicken Vader sketch;

Edited by Serrano
  • Like 1

I always wondered if anyone asked the last guy if he was just incompetent and actually deserved death

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Leliana I can let slide. She has a very valid set of Plot Armor.

Zevran never showed up in the runs where I had imported people that had killed him.

I was mostly just making a joke, although I think that there was a bug on release where he did show up when he wasn't supposed to. Morrigan can't die but you can stab her through the stomach in the Witch Hunt DLC. Guessing that won't go over so well when you- oh wait, nevermind. That would have been really awkward. 

"Now companies seem to want to give you full bios of every character you'll meet in the game.  Ruins part of the experience for me."

NOW? BIO did it with BG2. It's not new.

• Like 2

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.