Dragon Age: Inquistion

Well Baldur's Gate did have some truly terrible encounter designs. The Naskel mines are especially bad.

IMO DAO's combat would have been vastly improved with more enemy variety and fewer but more interesting and/or large battles. Fighting a moderate sized squad of darkspawn gets Turing rather quickly.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

BG had way more trash encounters than any DA game or hell any 'modern' BIO game. BG2 was definitely better in that regard. DA's combat was pretty much as 'varied' as BG's was.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well Baldur's Gate did have some truly terrible encounter designs. The Naskel mines are especially bad.

IMO DAO's combat would have been vastly improved with more enemy variety and fewer but more interesting and/or large battles. Fighting a moderate sized squad of darkspawn gets Turing rather quickly.

I loved the Nashkel Mines. 

Cramped corridors, traps, pesky fire arrow shooting kobolds, spiders.

The first time I played it I died horribly. Then I began scouting with my thief very carefully, set up ambushes around tight corners for the kobolds, ran away when necessary. I thought it was great fun. 

I might be in Monte's give me more fighting in tunnels camp. 

• Like 2

How do you die in Nashkel Mines 'horribly'? L0LZ Outside of lucky shots, there should be no real threat.

You go in with a low level?

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Doesn't matter. They're kobolds. They are easy. And, it's not Firewine will they respawn ifor gigles b/c the ogre mage has a kobold making machine hidden in the walls. Even the fire arrows shouldn't be thatd eadly since your warriors should have ac of 0 or better meaning the kobolds will almost always miss.

And, the spiders should be easy too. Afterall, by the time you get to the mines you likely already beat up 4 of 'em in close courters. Now, you can pincoushin them with arrows before they reach melee. And, their poison isn't that deadly.

I was low level and playing D&D for the first time. 

Actually I think BG1 was the first western RPG I ever played. I was living in Korea at the time and mostly playing Starcraft and fighting games in arcades. 

I ran headlong into traps before I figured out I could detect and disarm with a thief. Took me a while to figure out all the rules. The mine levels were a good learning area. 

Anyways, the what I've seen of the camera in DAI looks pretty good. 

• Like 2

I was low level and playing D&D for the first time. 

Actually I think BG1 was the first western RPG I ever played. I was living in Korea at the time and mostly playing Starcraft and fighting games in arcades. 

I ran headlong into traps before I figured out I could detect and disarm with a thief. Took me a while to figure out all the rules. The mine levels were a good learning area. 

Anyways, the what I've seen of the camera in DAI looks pretty good. 

Makes sense, anyone who doesn't understand the D&D ruleset would be at an initial  disadvantage playing games like BG1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Re: trash mobs in dao. I don't think the cure is stretching those needless filler combats out further by forcing myself to use advanced tactics and synergistic abilities. Well, beyond Storm of the Century. :p

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'd be almost certain they won't be.

The only game that goes deep on standardised mounts is WoW and that's because it's an MMO with needs like loot/balance/all races getting equal opportunity.  

Have they said if the different mounts are going to be purely cosmetic? 

There will be different bonuses for different mounts, they said so in the interview.

Edited by Sarex

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I loved the Nashkel Mines. 

Cramped corridors, traps, pesky fire arrow shooting kobolds, spiders.

The first time I played it I died horribly. Then I began scouting with my thief very carefully, set up ambushes around tight corners for the kobolds, ran away when necessary. I thought it was great fun. 

I might be in Monte's give me more fighting in tunnels camp. 

One person's trash mob is my opportunity to try out new and interesting tunnel fighting techniques.

I like trying out new class / party / NPC / Powaz combos without having to endlessly reload fights. Lots of combat, preferably but not exclusively, in tunnels, lets me do that. I like the Deep Roads in DA:O, for example. Solo'd them with a rogue, hosed them down with three mages and tried a rogue-heavy party.

I know I'm in a minority, but hey vive la difference and all that.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

"before I figured out I could detect and disarm with a thief. Took me a while to figure out all the rules."

RTFM

"Makes sense, anyone who doesn't understand the D&D ruleset would be at an initial  disadvantage playing games like BG1"

Disadvantaged, yes, but unless they are braindead they should be able to figure out that thieves can detect/remove trasp ebfore they get to Nashkel Mines. Also, by then, they should have learned their lesson  about what happens when you 'run ahead  waving your arms like you just don't care and promptly dying'.

No excuses.

Have they said if the different mounts are going to be purely cosmetic? 

There will be different bonuses for different mounts, they said so in the interview.

The bonus for the Undead Unicorn is that it is an Undead Unicorn.

• Like 1

They should have a horse in a gimp suit as a mount.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

They should have a horse in a gimp suit as a mount.

And if they don't I'm sure it can be modded in.

Nah, they will probably do a DLC though. Sexytime Mountz!

• Like 1

I demand a transgender gimp mount romance option.  If BioWare doesn't deliver they are filthy swine discriminating against the LGBT community and I say we get out the torches and pitchforks.

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I demand a transgender gimp mount romance option. If BioWare doesn't deliver they are filthy swine discriminating against the LGBT community and I say we get out the torches and pitchforks.

What about broodmothers? Surely Bioware feels that the tentacle sex crowd deserves representation as well?

I demand a transgender gimp mount romance option. If BioWare doesn't deliver they are filthy swine discriminating against the LGBT community and I say we get out the torches and pitchforks.

What about broodmothers? Surely Bioware feels that the tentacle sex crowd deserves representation as well?

Well, if they want to sell well in Japan, including that would certainly be advisable.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks