Dragon Age: Inquistion

The mentally challenged need love too and its sorely under represented in todays gaming. One of you should start a movement.

That may be a valid SJ campaign but the reality is Romance is also about aesthetics..and Cole fails miserably in that department. Also I don't think many people would relate to him since he is basically a spirit, see below

"He is a ghost in the shadows, walking unnoticed through crowds. He can slit an enemy’s throat before they even realize he’s there, and slip away, never to be seen again. Those few who do notice him soon forget he ever existed… and Cole isn’t certain that he does exist," Bioware said about the new character.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That may be a valid SJ campaign but the reality is Romance is also about aesthetics..and Cole fails miserably in that department. Also I don't think many people would relate to him since he is basically a spirit, see below

"He is a ghost in the shadows, walking unnoticed through crowds. He can slit an enemy’s throat before they even realize he’s there, and slip away, never to be seen again. Those few who do notice him soon forget he ever existed… and Cole isn’t certain that he does exist," Bioware said about the new character.

I find your shallowness sickening. Just because you do not find him attractive does not mean he should be unable to partake in romance. Perhaps he wouldn't be so forlorn if someone would just show him some basic kindness.

Also, I think the ghost part is figurative.

• Like 3

I find your shallowness sickening. Just because you do not find him attractive does not mean he should be unable to partake in romance. Perhaps he wouldn't be so forlorn if someone would just show him some basic kindness.

:lol:

You funny, if I knew you were a proud promancer I would  take you seriously and respond accordingly

But Cole is some sort of spirit, see the link below

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Dragon-Age-Inquisition-Gets-Details-About-Cole-the-Spirit-Screenshots-448038.shtml

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If Vince Vaughn tried to make a dark, forbidding movie, a piece of film noir, we'd probably laugh at him.

If Obz tried to do a romance-laden game it would be similar but in reverse. Unless of course the romances were all bitter parodies leading to murder and insanity, which might work.

I thought they did romances just fine in Alpha Protocol, but it's always been convenient to just ignore that ;)
  • Like 4

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I think Atton is probably Obsidian's best written romance. Because the character is so integral to the main plot and his dynamic with Kriea and the way she uses that romance over the course of the game ect. makes all the difference. I'm going partly off of the leaked cut-content as well but there are so many things about that one that were done so well, that whole arc is a really good story above everything else and it's another reason to lament that kotor2 was released as it was and not as it could have been. 

• Like 1

If he is anything like the angsty teen wannabe rocker he looks like, a good **** would do him a world of good.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

It's pretty close to literal.  People who don't have a special connection to the Fade either literally can't see him or forget about him quickly.  Not sure exactly how that's going to work with party banter...

Yeah, take basically any RPG, the one feature I wish all trailers showed off was the inventory management, because that makes or breaks a game. But nooo, they all opt for showing off combat instead.

*eye roll*

It's pretty close to literal.  People who don't have a special connection to the Fade either literally can't see him or forget about him quickly.  Not sure exactly how that's going to work with party banter...

well, on the positive side, if the undead guy's dialogue is serious horrible, we should get an option to act as if we can't hear him.  am understanding that old married couples sometimes displays a similar ability o' selective deafness. 

dialogue wheel option #3 for spook-poof should always be:

*silence* you pretend as if you cannot see or hear Cole. 

problems solved.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Thread pruned. Sorry guys, but that stuff just isn't appropriate here. The game will be rated for maturity, this board is not. Plus, it was off-topic. Comparing incest and homosexuality is a no-go.

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 2

Thread pruned. Sorry guys, but that stuff just isn't appropriate here. The game will be rated for maturity, this board is not. Plus, it was off-topic.

Dude! You've ruined the context for my post about the inequality in Zevran's relationship with the Warden vs. his relationship with the Champion of Kirkwall and how I'm hoping they're avoiding the former for DAI... :)

So what about those broodmothers, romanceable or not? XD

I'm confused.

Were broodmothers created through rape (among other things) or do they turn through entirely non-sexual means?

I'll stop.

Well in the lore, as I understand it, they are typically created against their will by being fed humanoids tainted by the blight.  So they aren't born, but it is a creation against will (although, its also a bit unclear as to whether the broodmother is really the person it was before it came to be; is a person taken over by THE THING in the movie(s) of the same name really the person anymore even if it has the same memories?)

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

If Vince Vaughn tried to make a dark, forbidding movie, a piece of film noir, we'd probably laugh at him.

If Obz tried to do a romance-laden game it would be similar but in reverse. Unless of course the romances were all bitter parodies leading to murder and insanity, which might work.

I thought they did romances just fine in Alpha Protocol, but it's always been convenient to just ignore that ;)

Never played any of the Mass Defects. All I know about them is that (a) lots of people didn't like the ending of one of them and (b) er, that's it.

sonsofgygax.JPG

The sum of NPCs in DAI so far have been... not promising. Ah well, I'll get a varric/cassandra/vivienne playthrough out of this, at the very least. :p

Yeah I'm relatively impressed with some of the lady NPC that can join your party, they aren't an Isabela but there backgrounds and objectives look fun enough :)

I'm playing through DA2 for the first time and Isabela... is kinda one note to me.... Everything is "Sex" or how important she is. And overall her 'long term' goal is kinda boring as well. Sure, she can be hilarious with Merill but other characters have more depth to them. Although they don't seem to have the depth that was put into the DA1 companion.

I will say, one thing I hope they do is actually show the places you're going either on a map or in a cutscene, Kirkwall doesn't feel like a cohesive whole because of the artstyle mixed with the loading screens. Denerim felt like a cohesive whole in and of itself because you saw the city from numerous angles that were all in their own city specific map, as well as the overworld.

I donno, I haven't finished DA2 yet, so these are the bare impressions, but the game feels like they were trying to do Mass Effect 2's success (make the story more about the characters than the actual plot) but failed to realize that one of the reasons ME2 worked was that the characters each had a proper core plot that were the main meat of the game. DA2 has the main meat of the game being side quests that may or may not be related to your characters, as well as small (very small) character driven plots, but having the characters woven into the main plot of the act.

I admit I haven't been following much about DA:I but it seems like they're gonna stick with similar combat design to DA2, which I find... ok. I just hope there's a return to the overworld map and a greater sense of an overarching plot.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Has Bioware said anything on tactical view for the PC version?

you might as well be Cole for all the good asking does.  

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Has Bioware said anything on tactical view for the PC version?

A more pertinent question would be " Can you romance in tactical view?" or "Can you romance the tactical view?"

• Like 4
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Meh, whether the companions just sound bad as opposed to actually are bad is an open question at this point. Write one sentence descriptions of the companions from MotB with a picture and they look like they'd be pretty bad as well, for example.

• Like 3

The sum of NPCs in DAI so far have been... not promising. Ah well, I'll get a varric/cassandra/vivienne playthrough out of this, at the very least. :p

Yeah I'm relatively impressed with some of the lady NPC that can join your party, they aren't an Isabela but there backgrounds and objectives look fun enough :)

I'm playing through DA2 for the first time and Isabela... is kinda one note to me.... Everything is "Sex" or how important she is. And overall her 'long term' goal is kinda boring as well. Sure, she can be hilarious with Merill but other characters have more depth to them. Although they don't seem to have the depth that was put into the DA1 companion.

Her liberated and sexualised personality was one of the many things I liked about her, also those pirate boots...yes those pirate boots :sweat:

• Like 1

John Milton 

Meh, whether the companions just sound bad as opposed to actually are bad is an open question at this point. Write one sentence descriptions of the companions from MotB with a picture and they look like they'd be pretty bad as well, for example.

You're right of course and all joking aside I will try to put aside any expectations to truly experience the game as it was meant. Which I will achieve by sniffing enough paint thinner to reach the level of brain cells that a Bio Drone has. No; but seriously, seeing as companions in BW games fall under the same formula and usage I can expect them to be the same yet different. They will of course serve as framing device to point out what choices you have in any given situation; one for the evil one and one for the good one, and they will praise you when you come up(if you're allowed) with an eviler/goodier/all around better option. 

Its hard to get excited about the next round of special kids whose shoelaces you have to tie up; so I can look forward to the thrill and joy of helping some goon resolve their family issues, after I drill them (metaphorically, although in some cases literally) enough that they reveal what the issue is.

Why doesn't BW just skip the whole Dragons and fantasy thing and just makes games where you're a psychotherapist with a loose concept of patient-doctor relationships?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif