STEAM!

Gorth

Skyrim Legendary Edition w/ all the DLC for PC/Steam is on for $45 via Stack Social. They have some system there where if you log in and refer people, you get $10 each, which I assume can be used to purchase other bundles and stuff there.

• Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Damn you Steam. I had Colonization in my wishlist and it was on for $5, but when clicking on it it gave me the option to throw Civ IV, with both expansions on for an extra $2.50, which I already own.

I spent the extra 2.50

I might as well get effing Conquistador while I'm spending all my money...

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Damn you Steam. I had Colonization in my wishlist and it was on for $5, but when clicking on it it gave me the option to throw Civ IV, with both expansions on for an extra $2.50, which I already own.

I spent the extra 2.50

I might as well get effing Conquistador while I'm spending all my money...

I picked up Colonization too.  Looks much deeper than Civ IV so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, the Europa Universalis III Chronicles are on the weekend deal at half price. Hm, tempting.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hm, the Europa Universalis III Chronicles are on the weekend deal at half price. Hm, tempting.

It's a paradox deal until the 24th. So wait just before the weekend ends to see if it goes cheaper ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I wanted to chime in with a couple things.  If anyone wants a DOTA 2 before it goes live, I think I still have about 4-5 gift passes.  Also, wanted to ask about Crusader Kings II.  I see a lot of people here play it.  Does it have campaigns or mostly sandbox modes?

I wanted to chime in with a couple things.  If anyone wants a DOTA 2 before it goes live, I think I still have about 4-5 gift passes.  Also, wanted to ask about Crusader Kings II.  I see a lot of people here play it.  Does it have campaigns or mostly sandbox modes?

You start in the year 1066 or a date of your choosing thereafter (you can start earlier with The Old Gods DLC).  At the moment you start the game is, for the most part, historically accurate.  Once you start all bets are off and you make your own alternate timeline.  There is no "campaign".  You start as a king or duke or duchess or count or whatever somewhere.  The game lasts for some 400 years (or less if you die and have no legitimate heir).  You play as a family, a dynasty.  The goal is to amass as much power as possible and hold on to it within your family.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You start in the year 1066 or a date of your choosing thereafter (you can start earlier with The Old Gods DLC).  At the moment you start the game is, for the most part, historically accurate.  Once you start all bets are off and you make your own alternate timeline.  There is no "campaign".  You start as a king or duke or duchess or count or whatever somewhere.  The game lasts for some 400 years (or less if you die and have no legitimate heir).  You play as a family, a dynasty.  The goal is to amass as much power as possible and hold on to it within your family.

Well, technically, the goal is whatever the heck you want it to be.  If you want to start a game as the Duke of Iceland with your goal of becoming Chancellor to the King of Hungary, you can give that a try. 

Thanks to Bester I tried DOTA2 out but it really wasn't for me. There's very little to do, which is what happens when you cut Warcraft III down to a single hero unit, and the game relies on  a lot of memorisation of effective combinations. I imagine its very time consuming to be good at the game, but its just not all that much fun to play.

Not sure what you mean by there not being a lot to do? Dota can be a very hectic game, you're always supposed to do something. The charm of it is the endless potential of how good you can play as a team. Playing it alone, with random internet strangers isn't very fun.

Considering buying Europa Universalis III, but I'm still having so much fun with Crusader Kings II. How does it compare to it? :)

EU3 is a little simpler than CK2, but much grander in scale. The version on steam includes all the expansions so its a much deeper game than when it was first released though. Eu3 is often recommended to people just starting with Paradox strategy games. That doesn't mean its easy though.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Midweek Madness ends 6 hours earlier than usual this week. A good indicator that the summer sale will start on Thursday.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Midweek Madness ends 6 hours earlier than usual this week. A good indicator that the summer sale will start on Thursday.

The one title I'm most hoping goes on a nice steep sale is La Mulana.  I'll probably snag Of Orcs and Men if it's cheap enough too.  Tomb Raider is probably too new to get a really steep discount but if it does...  Hopefully I don't get sucked into buying TOO MUCH other stuff...  Who am I kidding?  All my moneys are belong to GabeN.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Half-Life 2 75% off..

Yeah, that's exactly how good the last few sales have been for me.

Put that price on Skyrim: Legendary Edition and I'm game.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

On the one hand, the client downloading itself a relatively big update is a good sign about the sale. On the other hand, I don't like how the client is updating itself even when in offline mode, seems a bit dodgy (and it didn't do always do this in the past).

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I've spent entirely too much on gaming since Sept. of last year. I think I won't even look at the sale, this time. :lol:

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts