STEAM!

Gorth

I got most of what I wanted in the autumn sale, but snagged the Monkey Island Spec. Ed. pack, Tropico 4, and LA Noire this go. Almost snagged Civ V, but wasn't quite ready to drop 13 bucks on the GotY edition. Civ IV was just so much better. Hopefully Civ VI will continue the trend and the even numbered ones will be the good ones.

Especially if there are other sales around where you could get CIV 5 GOTY and Gods and Kings for that money. Official Steam keys of course.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Well.. Somewhat interested in Sleeping Dogs, Borderlands 2 and Skyrim.

Sleeping Dogs on Steam (with their amazing 25% discount): 322 SEK

Sleeping Dogs from local retailer (no discount at all): 289 SEK

Borderlands 2 on Steam (again 25% discount): 322 SEK

Borderlands 2 from local retailer (no discount): 339 SEK

Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim on Steam (now with an amazing 33% discount!!): 287 SEK

Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim from local retailer (no discount again, cheap bastards!): 249 SEK

Great 'discounts'. Now remind me again why I should shop on Steam..? Yeah, I know I could save 17 SEK on Borderlands 2.. if I don't want a box and a disc.

Great sales. Really. But hey, I see they have ****ing Limbo cheap! Again. For the umpteenth time.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Tell me about L.A. Noire.

Good price but main protagonist having potato-face is major turn-off. Every noir protagonist should be modeled after Humphrey Bogart by default.

The core (interrogation) gameplay is critically flawed, partially in design, partially due to story elements. Fun enough romp, my recollections are vague since I played it when I had food poisoning (and couldn't sleep). Planning on replaying soonish.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I got most of what I wanted in the autumn sale, but snagged the Monkey Island Spec. Ed. pack, Tropico 4, and LA Noire this go. Almost snagged Civ V, but wasn't quite ready to drop 13 bucks on the GotY edition. Civ IV was just so much better. Hopefully Civ VI will continue the trend and the even numbered ones will be the good ones.

Especially if there are other sales around where you could get CIV 5 GOTY and Gods and Kings for that money. Official Steam keys of course.

For that price I would get it. I was kinda peeved the expansion with the discount was the same price as the base game.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Noone is telling you to buy anything from specific retailers. Don't want to buy from Steam? Don't.

Here let me help you: I own over 100 games on Steam, but I am disappointed with the recent sales. This is my point.

Anything else you need help with?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

For that price I would get it. I was kinda peeved the expansion with the discount was the same price as the base game.

Well the expansion itself it very cheap at GMG right now. http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/si/en/pc/games/strategy/sid-meiers-civilization-v-gods-and-kings/ if you add the discount code it's $3.15. :) It's a steam code of course.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Dear Steam: Fine, for $7.50 I'll buy the two Left 4 Dead's for a rainy day. And BioShocl2 for 4.99. Both sales purchased twice, in case hubby is interested. Probably not today/soon tho...the holiday week is almost over. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Noone is telling you to buy anything from specific retailers. Don't want to buy from Steam? Don't.

Here let me help you: I own over 100 games on Steam, but I am disappointed with the recent sales. This is my point.

Anything else you need help with?

Didn't need help in the first place.

But since you are offering. how about you come over and do some dusting.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Great 'discounts'. Now remind me again why I should shop on Steam..? Yeah, I know I could save 17 SEK on Borderlands 2.. if I don't want a box and a disc.

To be fair, you WERE asking why you should shop on Steam. I think it's a good question, since you'd pay less otherwise in most cases.

As for why the developers charge what they do, I can't really say. It's their prerogative though.

Shop on Steam because it has achievements and you can message people. Well, that's what I usually hear. Oh and there's no need to manage install locations or patch yourself, as that's pretty tricky.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I like achievements on Xbox because it contributes to my gamerscore. So even if the gamerscore is mostly pointless, its something I can compare with friends and such who don't play the same games as me. Steam achievements I find pointless.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Shop on Steam because it has achievements and you can message people. Well, that's what I usually hear. Oh and there's no need to manage install locations or patch yourself, as that's pretty tricky.

:lol:

I've got exactly 1 friend on my friend list (and achievements needs to die horribly, what a waste of developer resources). I do like the patching part though, as some of those Paradox games gets patches fairly frequently and it would be a hassle constantly checking their forums for when what game got what update.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't really care about achievements. The friend list is nice and it makes (spontaneous) multiplayer quite easy, especially with friends in other countries.

But the real bonus for me is that it made it easy for me to have access to my games even though I moved 4 times in the past two years and am hoping to be moving again soon.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

:lol:

I've got exactly 1 friend on my friend list (and achievements needs to die horribly, what a waste of developer resources). I do like the patching part though, as some of those Paradox games gets patches fairly frequently and it would be a hassle constantly checking their forums for when what game got what update.

You know gorthypoo, you can find other people who'd add you.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I bought The Witcher Collection for just 10 bucks! :banana:

...now all I need is a PC that can run them and an Internet connection that is capable of downloading 18 effin gb's in a few hours! :getlost:

Dammit, this is what my country get's for making nuclear bombs.

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Most achievements are a waste of time, and only their so that developers can keep track of how many people get to a certain point, also games with choices have them so that they can keep track of those. Achievements are also a handy tool for completionists. There are a few achievements that are for strange challenges like "Little Rocket Man" and unusual things you can do that are evil or funny, I like them.

Most achievements are a waste of time, and only their so that developers can keep track of how many people get to a certain point, also games with choices have them so that they can keep track of those. Achievements are also a handy tool for completionists. There are a few achievements that are for strange challenges like "Little Rocket Man" and unusual things you can do that are evil or funny, I like them.

They have other ways to collect the data (devs anyway). Most "online required" games send certain metrics back to their developers so that gamers play styles and methods can be analyzed.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

(and achievements needs to die horribly, what a waste of developer resources)

Haha! I don't care much for them either, but I think they are actually a huge win for relatively low investment.

The chat thing is huge for me though. It's pretty much my defacto IM with most of my friends.

You know gorthypoo, you can find other people who'd add you.

I probably could... but as alanschu suggested, it's mostly "just" an instant messenger, allowing for the odd chat once in a blue moon. Sort of replacing the now defunct MSN Messenger... and I'm not very good at replying to messages in a timely manner (sometimes half a day late) :sweat:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

If you're interested in Dark Souls, it is $2 cheaper on Amazon, then there's a possible $5 off if you bought a digital download in December.

I love Amazon's price matching.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I think I'll bite at that price for the KOTORs. Rather dull selection for the Community deals of late.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra