STEAM!

Gorth

I figured the price of admission ($3.75) made it worth it, just to satisfy my curiosity and try to install it. If it sucks, I've wasted less than my daily coffee at the Cafe next door.

Looks like I wasted my $3.75. No matter what I do, it ends up at the configuration utility, which crashes with a "application has stopped working" error. Not impressed. ME1 seems to have been a much better PC port.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I figured the price of admission ($3.75) made it worth it, just to satisfy my curiosity and try to install it. If it sucks, I've wasted less than my daily coffee at the Cafe next door.

Looks like I wasted my $3.75. No matter what I do, it ends up at the configuration utility, which crashes with a "application has stopped working" error. Not impressed. ME1 seems to have been a much better PC port.

One is a lot older than the other. I would check the Steam forums for help.

I thought the PC version of JE was much more recently released than ME1? :unsure:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I thought the PC version of JE was much more recently released than ME1? :unsure:

Yes but it wasn't ported by BioWare.

I know ME1 wasn't (Demiurge did that), but I thought JE was ported by Bioware. Ah well, limited loss, I was curious what it was about though.

Edit: Looks like I'm not alone. It's the most popular suggestion from google search, when search for "jade empire con..." ;)

Yes but it wasn't ported by BioWare.

I know ME1 wasn't (Demiurge did that), but I thought JE was ported by Bioware. Ah well, limited loss, I was curious what it was about though.

Edit: Looks like I'm not alone. It's the most popular suggestion from google search, when search for "jade empire con..." ;)

Jade Empire was ported by LTI Gray Matter. You would think porting a Xbox game would be easier than porting a Xbox 360 game. Also I was wrong Mass Effect PC was released after Jade Empire PC.

You would think porting a Xbox game would be easier than porting a Xbox 360 game.

Hardware wise it's easy to think that, but there were things that could be leveraged (and apparently were quite heavily) with the original XBox that I guess it wasn't a pleasant project to port at all.

It was clearly never coded from the ground up to be run on the PC.

Looks like I wasted my $3.75. No matter what I do, it ends up at the configuration utility, which crashes with a "application has stopped working" error.

This might be of use. It looks like an issue with the .exe used by Steam as people have reported that another solution is to replace that with another (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, and in cases like this it really does not seem wrong to use one - however I would try the linked method first as it seems simpler).

EDIT:

If the rumors are true the Christmas sale starts tomorrow afternoon (when the weekend deal(s) would normally come out).

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Jade Empire was released on the PC in 2007. ME 2008.

I've always liked JE, it's combat was better than Kotor's, had great art and music and the characters would actually react to the PC. It's main flaw was length, it's short and has limited side quests.

Also incestuous 3-some!

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Blind luck or just blindingly clever... I followed a hunch and tried something I had success with once upon a time with another archaic game that refused to run. Administrator mode does nothing and XP compatibility doesn't do it either. Windows 2000 compatibility FTW.

For some reason (as I found out a few years ago), it works much better than XP compatibility for some games (for reasons I didn't figure out). I tried it on the config exe file and it worked :)

• Like 1

Entire Darksiders franchise (including DS2 + all DLC) on Amazon for $13,19.

Damn me. All those consoleritos amigos out there who cannot into these cool digital sales like us cool haughty.png-Elitists must be very strong right now.

Saw this as well. Would like a bundle of all DLC for Darksiders alone, but I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen.

That time of the year again.. holiday sales are on.

Noooo! ... well, my pocketbook mostly survived the last round, let's see if I can keep it in control this round too. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

that THQ bundle is absolutely outrageously inexpensive

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

If the THQ bundle had Dark Crusade, I'd get it. Alas.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I already bought the THQ Humble Bundle, which makes the THQ pack less appealing, but still...

Anyone else buy both Monkey Island special editions for FOUR DOLLARS?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

No big event ike last year with coal, vouchers, game givaways and all that jazz?

Steam, I R Dissapoint!

@Oer; Pretty sure I got MI2 for 2 dollar some time ago. And had MI1 from Telltale's store instead.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Ghost Recon games are a steal at that price. Well the good ones :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dishonored @ 50%.. wonder if it will go down to 75% at some point.

I'd be surprised if it did.

The game has crappy story and characters, but if you liked the stealth in Deus Ex Human Revolution, it's easily worth the 25€.

Dishonored @ 50%.. wonder if it will go down to 75% at some point.

Maybe Summer Sale. Not at the Christmas sale.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."