STEAM!

Gorth

If you restrict it to games over £25, maybe, but that's not the entire market. They're different models, Amazon uses algorithms to adjust prices, so games that are 2 or 3 weeks old are getting adjusted. Steam has sales, not just the 4 seasons, other sales too. Also physical stock is different to a digital service, it has to be stored somewhere. Chivalry and War of the Roses aren't more expensive on Steam compared to Amazon, neither is Sleeping Dogs or Dishonored.

Which is why, in my original post, I said this goes for new games. And that Steam obviously has lower price points when we factor in sales. There are always exceptions of course, but all games I've been interested in buying on release have always cost more for me on Steam than a lot of other places (and importing physical copies from Amazon or play.com has typically been the most cost efficient).

Well, the flash sales are dangerous for my credit card. Picked up a Orcs must Die! 2 and a few flight sims that were on sale too.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

DA:Origins is cheap too. I suppose I could get it and finally see what all the fuss is about. Then again, it's unlikely I'd have the patience to find out what the fuss is about. I think the best course of action for me is to stop looking at the Steam page. :disguise:

DA:O vanilla was a good game (if you turn a blind eye to certain parts of the story and play the characters with the personality the writers want you to have). Stone Prisoner was a good DLC (well content cut from the game and turned into launch day DLC).

I was even tempted to rebuy it, then I realised I'd have Return to Ostagar and everything that came after it... that would just annoy me to knowingly spend money on :)

I keep looking at the Steam page in case the expansion for Anno 2070 gets a better sale than the 33%

I agree with your view on DA1, don't compare it to games like the BG series. Its good fun and entertaining, and thats all we should ask from a game

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well I'm going to grab Civ V Gods & Kinds while it's down to sensible money.. ;)

I would as well, but I blew all my money on booze and books.. Ah well there's always the christmas sales..

Please post your impression at some point, I'd like to know if it's good.

Fortune favors the bald.

The Witcher 2 is $7.50. I went ahead and got it as it'll probably only reach that low during the winter sale also. So I f'n lied eariler in the thread.

Anymore indie games for dirt cheap to recommend?

Just Cause 2 is $3.75, for anyone who hasn't played it. The map to that game is insanely huge.

Edited by Blodhemn

OK, I have got to stop, I've got 78 games I've accumulated on Steam since 2006 that I haven't touched, I always mean to get around to them but then I play Fallout: NV, Medieval II: TW, CS: S, or Tribes: Ascend.

Hehe...I don't have that many, only about 35, but much the same situation. There are definitely a lot of games that make me go "well, maybe" but then I never feel like actually devoting time to really check them out.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Anymore indie games for dirt cheap to recommend?

That *really* depends on what genres you play and like (or dislike).

The "indie" game that I've spent the most hours on is Gratuitous Space Battles

It's an acquired taste though :sweat:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I grabbed the GTA IV Complete set. I figure that I owe it a chance after enjoying Saint's Row The Third and Just Cause 2 so much. I thought I was done with these back when GTA 3 was a yearly franchise.

The indie game I spent the most time with is Terraria followed by Space Pirates and Zombies. I also recommend the Penny-Arcade Adventure titles, Legend of Grimrock if you're into that sort of thing, Gemini Rue and Resonance for the big adventure buffs (not must own by any means, but good). Oh, and both Puzzle Agent titles. Those are indeed must own if you're into puzzle/adventure games.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Figured GTA 4 and Just Cause 2 are worth those prices so nabbed them

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Anyone played that Crusader Kings II? It almost sounds interesting.

...darnit, I can't stop looking at the Steam sales.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hmm, Tigs did a 'Let's play CK II' not that long ago :)

Had to go back 6 or 7 pages, but found it. Hm. Looks pretty complex but more like something I'd be into (I got tired of AoE-type RTS long ago). I'll sleep on it.

I could use something more along the lines of the old Lords of the Realms 2, too - simpler gameplay but turn-based.

I'm a fan. That, Vicky 2, and EU3 are all super thumbs up from me. I almost bought all the little DLC for it a couple days ago when it was all 50% off (music and shields and such), when it hit 75% off I was glad I didn't, though I had grabbed Legacy of Rome for 50% off, could have saved another dollar had I waited.

Now I can't wait for EU4.

Paradox have been getting pretty good at simplifying their games while keeping the meat intact. I was completely lost with CK1, but enjoyed CK2 a lot. EU2 -> EU3 was the same. I think maybe the 400 or so hours I played EU3 may have prepared me for CK2 and VIcky 2 though.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I bought CK2 as well, my only purchase so far (and given that the sale ends today, the only purchase altogether) from Steam out of this sale. Not particularly looking for a strategy game but eh, why not.

I do own a couple previous Paradox games, but I've never actually played any games by them.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

CK2 is pretty good. I found EU 3 a bit disappointing wrt EU 2, but CK 2 is a dign successor of the first opus.

Those games are not complicate, they are a bit overwhelming. At first, you don't seem to know what to do, then you do mistakes, then you understand a bit better and are prepared. You may want to try first "easy" countries before trying the most interesting ones.

Heh, first time I played CK2.. I started as the King of Georgia.. by the time a few hours of gameplay had happened, I'd ended up with one of my children becoming the Byzantine Emperor due to some careful marriage proposal and a couple of lucky deaths... <whistles innocently>

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I grabbed the GTA IV Complete set. I figure that I owe it a chance after enjoying Saint's Row The Third and Just Cause 2 so much. I thought I was done with these back when GTA 3 was a yearly franchise.

Gay Tony and The Lost are both pretty good on their own (maybe even better than Niko's story), so just for that it's worth the price imo.

Fortune favors the bald.

Got a few games... most older ones for -75% that never made flash though (armed and dangerous, toki tori, the baconing).

New games still too expensive... maybe during x-mas? If not, no loss, enough to play till they are cheaper.

Also, a good lesson learned. Never, EVER, buy from Steam unless in a sale. And yes, they are 95% guaranteed more expensive than a shopversion when not on sale here in the Netherlands...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Not related to Steam sales: I uninstalled Skyrim a while back yet Steam keeps wanting to update the Creation Kit. Can I uninstall the Skyrim CK? I see no option/listing for it/can't figure out where it's installed. Unless it's the Archive.exe file.

Not related to Steam sales: I uninstalled Skyrim a while back yet Steam keeps wanting to update the Creation Kit. Can I uninstall the Skyrim CK? I see no option/listing for it/can't figure out where it's installed. Unless it's the Archive.exe file.

Just above your list of games, there is a scrolling menu with "all your games" written on it. If you click on it, you will see the whole menu. Select "tools". The CK should be there and you can uninstall it by right clicking.