STEAM!

Gorth

No love for AP? Maybe for a copy of KotOR2? Problem is, I can't buy those two DLC packs as they are not available on the German Steam market. :(

Use the TorBrowser to go to the Steam website - Steam will not be able to tell your region and allow you to buy anything you want. Once you own it, the Steam Client wont care where you are.

That's what I did last time I wanted something that was region locked.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

It's not on Xmas sale, but I finally gave in and bought that Farming 2013 simulator. It's actually not bad looking graphically, for what it is. Now to figure out how to play the darn thing so I can sell grain and ride tractors. The controls are weird. Or I'm weird. Or both.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Out of interest what is it that you guys enjoy about farming simulators? Over the years it seems like simulation games of rather mundane jobs like Farming, Bus/Euro Truck Drtiving ect are becoming increasingly popular and I just don't understand the appeal at all outside of preperation for an actual career doing these things.

Edited by Serrano

I guess people are into them for a joke more than anything.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Out of interest what is it that you guys enjoy about farming simulators? Over the years it seems like simulation games of rather mundane jobs like Farming, Bus/Euro Truck Drtiving ect are becoming increasingly popular and I just don't understand the appeal at all outside of preperation for an actual career doing these things.

Train simulator I could easily understand (as trains have been a huge hobbyist industry for a long time). Wouldn't surprise me if there's some level of it for Farming Simulator as well. If it's just an economic simulator (while driving around with farming equipment too), I don't see any reason why it wouldn't have a similar appeal to say, SimCity? SimCity has always been a lot of fun for me, but whenever I try explaining the game to someone, I can't really do it without it sounding really boring.

I get the impression that the Train one has found its niche, as I think they have like set records for the amount of DLC they have shipped with their games.

If it's just an economic simulator (while driving around with farming equipment too), I don't see any reason why it wouldn't have a similar appeal to say, SimCity?

Pretty much. Economic management strategy + a bit of sim. Start with little, try to build it into something huge while staying profitable etc. It's basically, imo, one type of resource-RTS for people who don't want combat in their game or as goals. The resource/management and expanding part without the fighting, with a slower pace. Not a direct analogy mechanics wise, but sorta that feelings wise, perhaps.

I guess people are into them for a joke more than anything.

I think there are plenty of people who take them rather seriously. Probably not so much in the US, tho. Still..like alanschu said, every genre has some niche audience that loves 'em. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh I'm sure they do - for trains specially. Not so sure at who would want a Garbage truck simulator, but maybe that one entails setting up and managing a sanitation system which could be fun. Just that it was a funny thing on Reddit and some other sites to get the game and laugh at it being non-gamey or something stupid like that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

sleeping dogs is on flash sale right now for $16.99

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Oh I'm sure they do - for trains specially. Not so sure at who would want a Garbage truck simulator, but maybe that one entails setting up and managing a sanitation system which could be fun. Just that it was a funny thing on Reddit and some other sites to get the game and laugh at it being non-gamey or something stupid like that.

Haha....I'm not sure I could get into a dedicated Garbage truck simulator myself. Not into trains as a hobby, and for my personal tastes I don't "get" realistic flying simulators either - sitting in a plane seat staring at dials isn't very interesting to me. Those things aren't my types of setting. For some reason, planting fields and raising cows is. If I can figure out how to play it.

Thanks everyone. Simulators are one of the few gaming genres that are completely alien to me but they make much more sense now.

Sometimes manuals are in the directory folder on your computer rather than on the game's library page.

Edited by Serrano

Haha....I'm not sure I could get into a dedicated Garbage truck simulator myself. Not into trains as a hobby, and for my personal tastes I don't "get" realistic flying simulators either - sitting in a plane seat staring at dials isn't very interesting to me. Those things aren't my types of setting. For some reason, planting fields and raising cows is. If I can figure out how to play it.

Well not driving a garbage truck around, but setting up a system is what's fun about some simulation games for me. Granted I'm terrible at it as my Caesar 4 cities will show you :p

best sim game = simant.

im having deja vu.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Every noir protagonist should be modeled after Humphrey Bogart by default.

The Continental Op disagrees. (It isn't covered by the wiki entry, but he was consistently described as a short-ish guy with a little extra weight on him. And he's pretty much where the whole "hard-boiled detective" thing started.)

Eh, noir isn't really noir if it's simply trying to replicate aesthetics. Anyway, I picked up L.A. Noire on a past $5 sale and haven't installed it yet but plan to after finishing 1 or 2 other games. From what I gathered, the quality of the game varies by quite a bit, but the setting and good moments should be worth $5.

sleeping dogs is on flash sale right now for $16.99

While that was a good price, the DLC seems $18 (even if the majority is crap). I'll wait for the collection to go on sale. Handling all that DLC is annoying on it's own.

(and yes, game devs, that's why some games sell waaaay past day 1)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee