Random video game news... Games are Randomly News Worthy

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Puts developers into a bit of a quandary. If you don't make your female character look like a Korean fitness model then neckbeards are going to call you woke. If you do make your female character look like a Korean fitness model then some ***hole at a garbage outlet is going to write a hit piece on you accusing you of literally killing women.

incel been killing a lot of people for a long time

but one more or less korean mmo certainly wouldn't change that

He liked it. It just looks so good - city builder if you want, a little more rts/AoE if you want, take your pick. Will it be another lone-person dev success story? I may break the 'avoid early access" rule for this one. I also may try buying it on GoG, since it's there, so I can have separate .exe  versions for each alpha/beta or whatever. Probably doesn't matter tons to me anymore but that's my biggest annoyance with ea and/or current times of constant game tweaking patches (not just bugz) for 5 years even after full-release. >.>

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

3 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

He liked it. It just looks so good - city builder if you want, a little more rts/AoE if you want, take your pick. Will it be another lone-person dev success story? I may break the 'avoid early access" rule for this one. I also may try buying it on GoG, since it's there, so I can have separate .exe  versions for each alpha/beta or whatever. Probably doesn't matter tons to me anymore but that's my biggest annoyance with ea and/or current times of constant game tweaking patches (not just bugz) for 5 years even after full-release. >.>

Thanks for sharing. Being able to turn off all combat is a huge draw for me. But I'm still unsure about managing individual people's survival. I'll wait to see I suppose, since I won't buy/play until it comes out of EA anyway.

On a somewhat gaming tangent:

Celebrating the 30th anniversary of the launch of Wing Commander 3 George wants to record vol. 2 of his music with large orchestra

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1373816047/george-oldziey-vol-2-of-wing-commander-live-recording?

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

26 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Wait till they run a kickstarter celebrating 30 years of continuous Star Citizen crowdfunding.

15 years are not far away

there will be anniversary event of some kind

8 hours ago, Raithe said:

On a somewhat gaming tangent:

Celebrating the 30th anniversary of the launch of Wing Commander 3 George wants to record vol. 2 of his music with large orchestra

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1373816047/george-oldziey-vol-2-of-wing-commander-live-recording?

Surprised CIG isn't adding this as a stretch goal.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I vaguely remember a Bayonetta discussion here fairly recently, and I was watching a review of B3, and this part just killed me
https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx_aM6egJfZfOjEJ1-IH_pHtN3Jntchd-2?si=nDkXjsXOmyJ_Zol0

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

2 hours ago, melkathi said:

Keyrock support (Linux)

I love it that I'm the default (only?) Linux Weirdo on these forums. :wowey:

My top 3 character traits:

1) Truck driver
2) Linux weirdo
3) Neil Breen enthusiast

It could have been worse. 🤣

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

I have no idea who Neil Breen is but I will infer that it's the name of a female Japanese wrestler.

That's exactly who Neil Breen is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

15 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 has been formally announced:

Jesus Christ be praised, a trailer has come to see us, god bless you trailer etc etc.

Most excited I've been for game since... ever maybe

Was the first one good ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

15 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Was the first one good ?

Define good. I'd say I admired the first game more than I liked it.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On 4/10/2024 at 3:21 PM, MrBrown said:

What makes this game significant, besides the fact that it's a follow up to a generally well liked game, is that AFAIK it's the first of the Unity Exodus games, at least of note. What I mean by Unity Exodus is games that were originally going to use Unity but switched engines because of the whole debacle where they were going to retroactively start charging developers (more) money where they hadn't before. I believe the ***holes that made that call at Unity wound up walking it back, but not before the engine's reputation had been thoroughly dragged through the mud. Plus, if they tried that once what's to stop them from trying that again? Anyway, the devs of Slay the Spire 2 wound up switching to the free and open source Godot engine despite the fact that the game was already in active development using Unity and they stuck to that even when Unity walked back their policy change. I'll be curious to see a high-ish profile game using Godot hit the market and how it performs. Could Godot become effectively the replacement for Unity for indie devs?

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Much longer video about KCD2.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I liked the SteamWorld Dig games better than SteamWorld Heist, but I still liked Heist quite a bit.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/game-sized-fallout-4-mod-fallout-london-has-been-delayed-indefinitely-by-bethesdas-incoming-next-gen-update

Fallout: London, the Fallout 4 mod set in a post-apocalyptic English capital that’s large enough to effectively be its own game, has been hit by an indefinite delay just two weeks from its planned release date. The reason? Fallout 4’s long-in-the-works next-gen update is now due to drop just two days after London’s planned launch date, which its fan devs say will “simply break” the ambitious project.

It is always unpleasant when developers try to add more bugs into their 9 year old games, but even more so when you have been working on a mod for a specific presumably-stable version for years. I somehow doubt that Bethesda would just fork the new version into a separate branch on Steam and GOG. Granted, on GOG, Bethesda cannot mess up your games anymore.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1