Random video game news... Games are Randomly News Worthy

Based on recently released statistics, there aren't that many whales. Most money actually comes from selling the starter packs.

• Hmmm 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

A  WW1 RPG is being released soon, its called All Quiet in the Trenches and  its looks like it has huge potential

The only  concern I have with it is you can only be a German soldier  and Im  not sure how I feel about playing an historical game and killing British or South African soldiers, it may sound like Im  being captious but it still feels weird ..but it looks good anyway 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/863500/All_Quiet_in_the_Trenches/

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

On 1/6/2024 at 8:29 AM, MrBrown said:

I'm getting a sense of deja vu here, wasn't this already a thing?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

Finally I am a thread-starter \o/

All your years of training have prepared you for this moment.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Haha 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have some exciting news for y'all. The greatest mobile game ever is now available to play on your PC. That's right, RAID: Shadow Legends has been released on Steam. It gets better, if you use the promo code "ImJust****ingWithYa" you will receive 20000 of one of the 876436 different currencies free of charge to get you started! Enter the fight NOW!:shifty:

• Haha 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I am sorry if this was already posted, by I had minimum free time last few weeks to spent it on forums, so I might have missed it :) 

circling back to the “popular” steam awards, it seems likely, that they have been hi-jacked by troll voting (especially Starfilled) 🙂 Even Forbes is writing about it 😅

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2024/01/03/steam-users-may-be-trolling-starfield-with-most-innovative-gameplay-award/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

12 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I have some exciting news for y'all. The greatest mobile game ever is now available to play on your PC. That's right, RAID: Shadow Legends has been released on Steam. It gets better, if you use the promo code "ImJust****ingWithYa" you will receive 20000 of one of the 876436 different currencies free of charge to get you started! Enter the fight NOW!:shifty:

wait it didn't have pc version before

seen ad for this for years

Makes kinda sense, though. If you merge, you likely have duplicated positions which aren't needed anymore now. Also, doesn't Unity have a huge amount of people anyways? At least compared to Unreal etc.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

Makes kinda sense, though. If you merge, you likely have duplicated positions which aren't needed anymore now. Also, doesn't Unity have a huge amount of people anyways? At least compared to Unreal etc.

IronSource is an in-game advertising platform that Unity acquired for 4.4 billion dollars. Unity already laid off 1,300 employees before this latest lay off. Unity lost the trust of every development studio in the business last year after their now ex-CEO announced that they were retroactively changing their software licensing agreement from one of the most lenient to bat**** insane. They also offered to exempt certain studios from this if they implemented the new IronSource ad platform. Unity is being run into the ground.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

seen ad for this for years

They're infamous for approaching every single streamer and YouTuber, or influencer of any kind, with sponsorship deals and flooding the internet with ads, hence why I jokingly made my post like I was shilling for them. They're effectively the newer version of those banner ads you used to see on every single website ever that had a sexy lady with her milkers (when autocensor won't let me post a word I will use the most comical euphemism I know instead) out and text that read "Come Play My Lord".

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

6 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Can't wait to get to pick David Attenborough to voice my character.

I'm going with Bobcat Goldthwait.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

6 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I'm going with Bobcat Goldthwait.

A true man of culture!

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

So, art assets totally going to be generated by AI, writing absolutely, AI can code, now it will do voices too, it's like wet dream of all future bobby coticks. Wish someone replaced those f*cking suits with AI, it already has advantage over them by being literally soulless instead of metaphorically. :getlost:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bugarup said:

So, art assets totally going to be generated by AI, writing absolutely, AI can code, now it will do voices too, it's like wet dream of all future bobby coticks. Wish someone replaced those f*cking suits with AI, it already has advantage over them by being literally soulless instead of metaphorically. :getlost:

there are massive amount of people dream about fully ai generated mmo for decades

they just didn't understand how awful it would be

1 hour ago, bugarup said:

The legal regulations might catch up, which will make most existing generative AI models effectively illegal due to the copyrighted or personal data used for training.

(Generative) AI can improve many aspects of development, such as animations or speech recognition (though, I would prefer just to ditch VA in general), or NPCs behaviour, and it can improve some aspects for independent games and mods (e.g. if the developer is 1 person and can't do some things on their own), but I doubt that it will be used that way. Then again, there are already Ubisoft games that look incredibly similar to each other with all parts created by humans. I know I won't notice the difference if some of it is AI-generated.

• Like 1

Is it Feb. 22nd yet?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1458140/Pacific_Drive/

Based on some "influencer" early gameplay commentaries, I do have one major reservation - how stressful/timed and frequent are certain aspects. I mean it's fine if you're jump-scare attacked and have to figure the methods/way to safety/not fail, I just don't want an actual clock timer. One first impressions vid I saw said it was a lot less focused on "horror" than the trailers may lead one to believe, much more on exploration/crafting, which would be fine with me.

At any rate - I'm interested.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/resident-evil-revelations-update-reportedly-adds-drm-to-decade-old-game-breaks-it-then-removes-drm-for-now

The recent update to Resident Evil Revelations sparked a wave of comments in its Steam forums about apparent performance problems, including reduced framerate, stuttering and sudden drops, crashes, and mods no longer working. (Thanks, Eurogamer.)

As players dug into the surprise patch, they appeared to find references to Enigma Protector, a piece of DRM software designed to stop the use of mods and tools such as Cheat Engine.

It is always disappointing to see such customer-hostile actions, but even more so concerning older (and presumably, safe) software.

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Sad 1

@Hawke64What a bizarre thing to do. I mean, Resi: Revelations does have a multiplayer mode, and it's quite fun in fact, but I can't imagine it has a thriving community 11 years after initial release, so why bother with anti-cheat software? The only explanation that I can come up with is that Capcom was using it to test the software out because they are considering using it in an upcoming game.

Edit: I just looked it up, it currently has 155 players on Steam with a 24 hour peak of 163. That's impressive for an 11 year old game, but hardly worth installing anti-cheat software for. I'm going to guess that those roughly 160 people still playing this game all know each other at this point, so if there's cheating going on the cheaters can get called out by name and shunned by the community. 

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸