Random video game news... Games are Randomly News Worthy

15 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

So, "you will own nothing and you will be happy," basically.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

6 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

I don't believe them when they say adventure is the focus and combat is secondary, but if it's true then color me very interested, Harrison Ford from Wish dot com notwithstanding.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

6 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Harrison Ford from Wish dot com notwithstanding.

Almost as authentic, as the one from the opening of the recent movie 😆.

Trailer confuses me. It's first person, but with third person bits (ala newer Deus ex?). The game seems a bit sluggish.

But I played the crap of out of Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, so I am clearly not too picky when it comes to my Indie experiences.

4 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Or Ubisoft execs needs to get comfortable with a more suitable business model for the audience ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

5 hours ago, MrBrown said:

No, no, they've got a point: when it comes to Ubisoft, I'm more than happy to not own their games.

• Like 5

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I just checked if I even have a single game by an Ubisoft studio, and the answer is no, I do not. I do have a couple of games published by Ubisoft, but even those are old. Like The Settlers and Heroes of Might and Magic old. :p

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

24 minutes ago, majestic said:

I just checked if I even have a single game by an Ubisoft studio, and the answer is no, I do not. I do have a couple of games published by Ubisoft, but even those are old. Like The Settlers and Heroes of Might and Magic old. :p

I think I've mentioned a number of times over the years about how they must be the single worst major video game publisher in all North America and Europe for producing games that are in any way actually fun, so that really doesn't surprise me. I've always felt that if there were a single publisher I could wipe off the face of the Earth, it'd have to be Ubisoft: this new line of theirs doesn't really phase me, though it is probably indicative of a new disturbing trend that we'll be seeing more of sometime soon.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

58 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Avowed looks interesting, but ooof my FPV curse, I was getting nauseous just watching that deep dive. ;( 

Does the field of view value affect how motion sick you get in first person games? I remember the first time I opened up Metro 2033 like a decade back I thought I was going to throw up because the FoV was so low and there wasn't any way to change it through the in-game settings (...but you could through some manual .ini editing, which fixed the issue for me). I can't tell for sure with this YouTube video, but it looks a little on the low side there.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

I caught this via a posting on ModDB: there's a kickstarter underway for Undershadows, which bills itself as a 'horror adventure RPG'. Considering the low financial goals and hand-drawn graphics, this game actually seems surprisingly creative and artistic. It's targeted at a young audience though. There's a demo available.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

6 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Does the field of view value affect how motion sick you get in first person games? I remember the first time I opened up Metro 2033 like a decade back I thought I was going to throw up because the FoV was so low and there wasn't any way to change it through the in-game settings (...but you could through some manual .ini editing, which fixed the issue for me). I can't tell for sure with this YouTube video, but it looks a little on the low side there.

FoV, motion blur, mouse sensitivity and the art style (amount of details) all affect it.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

10 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I think I've mentioned a number of times over the years about how they must be the single worst major video game publisher in all North America and Europe for producing games that are in any way actually fun, so that really doesn't surprise me.

Which is sad, as up to 2010 they were a publisher who would reliably put out fun and interesting titles. Than AssCreed/Farcry craze came, and their output became progressively more narrow and stale. 

Still, when Ubi allow itself to do something smaller, it usually ends up being great. It is just their bigger game that seem to be marketing/business driven. 

2 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

how old is last of us 2

remaster already

I can't tell what the hell has changed in the game. Looks to me exactly like the original release?

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

How far away are we from developers announcing remasters/remakes the same year the original came out? 10 years? 5 years? What's the endgame of this trend? On launch day of the original game, by the time that you finish downloading the game there's a remaster not only announced but already out?

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

I can't tell what the hell has changed in the game. Looks to me exactly like the original release?

From what I understand, more or less yes. I would assume that’s why it’s $10 for existing owners, rather than new purchase like LoU1 was. The biggest addition seems to be procedurally generated rogue like. 

15 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

From what I understand, more or less yes. I would assume that’s why it’s $10 for existing owners, rather than new purchase like LoU1 was. The biggest addition seems to be procedurally generated rogue like. 

So in effect it's a DLC, they're just calling it a remaster because reasons. Probably some focus group suggested that calling it a remaster would be more profitable than releasing a DLC and simultaneously a complete edition.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

12 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

6 hours ago, Sarex said:

FoV, motion blur, mouse sensitivity and the art style (amount of details) all affect it.

In addition to Sarex points, head bob and weapon sway are two more that will get me. Basically whenever Im looking at my own two arms then Im too close in. Even slightly over the shoulder view is ok, but looking out of my "own eyes" is 🤮. Goes all the way back to Doom/Duke Nukem/RoTT/Heretic/Hexen. Hell, even watching my own kid play Overwatch would give me a headache after about 15 minutes. ;( 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2