Random video game news... Games are Randomly News Worthy

Oh god, Star Wars by Ubisoft... Will this be another checkpoint simulator with towers but this time in Space? 🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

3 hours ago, Raithe said:

Facial animations by the Mass Effect: Andromeda team, I see.:-

On the bright side, I didn't see a single stupid ***hole with a laser sword in the entire trailer. I'm not naive enough to think that they could make an entire Star Wars game without any stupid ***holes with laser swords showing up, but at least there's hope that they will keep the stupid ***holes with laser swords to a minimum.

Out of curiosity, as a guy whose inner Star Wars fan died a long time ago (in this specific galaxy), does nostalgia bait still work on Star Wars fans (we have some here, right?)? It hasn't on me in decades. Like, do y'all still instantly splooge in your pants when you catch a glimpse of a star destroyer?

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

On the bright side, I didn't see a single stupid ***hole with a laser sword in the entire trailer. I'm not naive enough to think that they could make an entire Star Wars game without any stupid ***holes with laser swords showing up, but at least there's hope that they will keep the stupid ***holes with laser swords to a minimum.

Out of curiosity, as a guy whose inner Star Wars fan died a long time ago (in this specific galaxy), does nostalgia bait still work on Star Wars fans (we have some here, right?)? It hasn't on me in decades. Like, do y'all still instantly splooge in your pants when you catch a glimpse of a star destroyer?

No sense of nostalgia surfaced during that trailer at the very least, barely a mild curiosity, but a Star Wars game from Ubisoft sounds like a nightmare come true, even though the premise is likeable.

Edit; Oh, wow, skeezy ubi**** is literally paywalling exclusive content to be released at launch, at a 110usd, **** 'em

Edited by Azdeus
  • Thanks 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I mean, I still think Star Destroyers are cool looking, if that is what you mean. 

I figure I'm one of the resident SW fans here, even though I haven't gotten around to watching Ahsoka, or most of the animated stuff, or played any recent SW games. But I typically enjoy stuff when I see it. There was some neat nostalgia stuff in the last season of Mandalorian, and that is the last thing I watched, so I guess I can still get it up for the old bird if I need too.

This game looks fun to me, in the same way most Ubisoft games are fun for 20 hours or so. I'll probably pick it up on sale.

• Thanks 1

I'll say this. There are a lot of neckbeards hating on the main protagonist's look. I find her somewhat attractive. I think it's the feathered 1970s hair that does it for me; the Farah Fawcett look gets me every time.

To be clear, I have nothing against Star Wars (Disney and Ubisoft are different stories), it just doesn't do anything for me any more. This game could be set in a completely new space opera universe and that would change my hype level by exactly 0%. I'm mildly interested but very cautious (because Ubisoft).

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/broken-roads-review

In the moment, Broken Roads offers up creativity in spades, but the bigger picture story - combined with weak combat and a dry take on moral choice - never coalesces into anything especially entertaining.

https://www.gog.com/en/game/broken_roads

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1403440/Broken_Roads/

Not yet available on GOG. The game looks interesting enough, but I assume that waiting for at least 6 months would be a reasonable course of action. I do not like the setting that much to purchase right now and let the game sit in the backlog.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Sad 1

That SW game is trying to appeal to gamers like me with a cute animal sidekick. 😄 But Ubisoft, so no.
I think KOTOR2 is the only SW themed game I ever played. I don't' even remember why I picked it up originally, tbh. Probably random "might be fun" grab in the physical store. For some reason liking/loving a movie (or novel) generally has not translated for me into wanting to play a game based in a film universe. Not sure why. Just rarely appeals/I usually don't even look at them.  🤔

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I know my local Star wars fan people. They are complete suckers for anything StarWars and will dress up for it at the slightest excuse - not because they enjoy cosplay but because they feel the urge to tell everyone around how huge a fan they are. But they aren't necessarily computer gamers. The new star wars themed trading card game though immediately started eating up they paychecks.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm a bit peculiar SW fan. Liked the original trilogy and even the next one also KOTOR, loved KOTOR2 and Andor, not a fan of idiots with laser sabers, space out knowledge that Extended Universe exists. Had no interest whatsoever in any SW game after SWTOR, which I still play sometimes but that's more like visiting Bioware's grave. Guess that makes me more of a Bioware fan than SW's. :ermm:

it's made by Massive, so just like The Division and Avatar, it will be technically superb but mediocre in all other aspects.

• Thanks 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

4 hours ago, MrBrown said:

SW: Outlaws seems to have really predatory pricing. 

The move is to sign up for Ubi+ then to cancel your subscription before the month is up (or whenever you get done with the game), then you get the ultimate edition at the far less ludicrous price of $18. You just have to remember to cancel your subscription (supposedly it's quite easy), Ubi is counting on you to forget.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

11 hours ago, Hawke64 said:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/broken-roads-review

https://www.gog.com/en/game/broken_roads

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1403440/Broken_Roads/

Not yet available on GOG. The game looks interesting enough, but I assume that waiting for at least 6 months would be a reasonable course of action. I do not like the setting that much to purchase right now and let the game sit in the backlog.

This is exactly my take on this game as well. I'll let it sit in my wishlist for six months or longer and then reevaluate how I feel about it.

3 hours ago, Keyrock said:

The move is to sign up for Ubi+ then to cancel your subscription before the month is up (or whenever you get done with the game), then you get the ultimate edition at the far less ludicrous price of $18. You just have to remember to cancel your subscription (supposedly it's quite easy), Ubi is counting on you to forget.

Yeah, that's my take as well. Sure, it means you don't own the game, but I've always said that is a bit overrated. There are very few games worth owning, and you can probably just wait until they are on deep discount most of the time. 

For example, I played Outer Worlds on Xbox Gamepass, then I bought the spacers choice edition on Steams when it was on sale, and then I got it free on Epic. So I'm pretty well covered any time I want to play it again.

The special editions are ridiculously overpriced, but hardly predatory. Some people have money to burn.

20 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Well, Star Wars fan completely died in me with the latest trilogy (I liked part 7 and Rogue One though). IMHO Disney started an excellent idea with the Stormtrooper clone gaining free will, and could have done a lot to expand that idea, but they turned him into a non-entity and completely buried his plot. Seems like their Chinese audience were not to fond of black main protagonist 🤷‍♂️

So no, nostalgia is kicking only when I launch GOG launcher and see KOTOR 1 and 2 on my "digital shelf".

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/stellaris-dev-diary-340-a-new-crisis-a-release-date-and-announcing-the-stellaris-season-08.1662209/

Paradox is now offering season passes for Stellaris, meaning you get all the DLCs of the year for cheaper on a single buy.

Good deal if you're like me and going to buy it anyway.

Link also has some details on all the upcoming DLCs.

• Like 1

Star Wars is a 70s movie, so if it doesn't have 70s hair styles, is it really Star Wars?

That said, the few Star Wars games I enjoy, I do so despite them being Star Wars games, not because of it. I have not, and will not ever watch a full Star Wars movie, though I suspect I've seen enough fragments of the original trilogy such that if I were able to assemble them together they would constitute a full movie.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

On 4/11/2024 at 7:45 AM, Keyrock said:

I'll say this. There are a lot of neckbeards hating on the main protagonist's look. I find her somewhat attractive. I think it's the feathered 1970s hair that does it for me; the Farah Fawcett look gets me every time.

To be clear, I have nothing against Star Wars (Disney and Ubisoft are different stories), it just doesn't do anything for me any more. This game could be set in a completely new space opera universe and that would change my hype level by exactly 0%. I'm mildly interested but very cautious (because Ubisoft).

backlash for any character doesn't stiff korean mmo looking model is insane

pretty sure this type of player are not so loud a few years ago

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, MrBrown said:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/stellaris-dev-diary-340-a-new-crisis-a-release-date-and-announcing-the-stellaris-season-08.1662209/

Paradox is now offering season passes for Stellaris, meaning you get all the DLCs of the year for cheaper on a single buy.

Good deal if you're like me and going to buy it anyway.

Link also has some details on all the upcoming DLCs.

truly sad so many player are still enabling horrible dlc practice of paradox

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

backlash for any character doesn't stiff korean mmo looking model is insane

pretty sure this type of player are not so loud a few years ago

Puts developers into a bit of a quandary. If you don't make your female character look like a Korean fitness model then neckbeards are going to call you woke. If you do make your female character look like a Korean fitness model then some ***hole at a garbage outlet is going to write a hit piece on you accusing you of literally killing women.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸