Random video game news... the critical eyes have it

2 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

try to read some dev news but twitter just doesn't show anything other than login anymore

what is wrong with it

Not only that, but the alternative backends that fix many of twitter's most annoying problems (e.g. my favorite, unofficialbird.com) seem to be broken right now no matter what profile or post I go to, which means I cannot see anything twitter-related at all. It's really dumb for me too, because I actually tried to register years ago, but every time I make an account, they immediately ban me within seconds. I mean, I can't blame them, it is me after all, but why, what did I do? I had never even posted/commented/liked/favorited anything, and I even registered from my home connection.

Twitter is the worst, to be sure, but I still get occasionally linked something to there and now literally I can't even check out a basic post.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

7 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Not only that, but the alternative backends that fix many of twitter's most annoying problems (e.g. my favorite, unofficialbird.com) seem to be broken right now no matter what profile or post I go to, which means I cannot see anything twitter-related at all. It's really dumb for me too, because I actually tried to register years ago, but every time I make an account, they immediately ban me within seconds. I mean, I can't blame them, it is me after all, but why, what did I do? I had never even posted/commented/liked/favorited anything, and I even registered from my home connection.

Twitter is the worst, to be sure, but I still get occasionally linked something to there and now literally I can't even check out a basic post.

would be horrible if paradox still post half of the new stuff on twitter instead of actual dev diary

couldn't even check if that is the case now

13 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

RIP. Ol' Musky at it again, eh?

As good reason as any to fully move to Telegram.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

love the FF discussion, but guys... is someone forcing you to use Roman numerals when discussing these games? I spend half the time deciphering what part exactly you're talking about 🥲

anyway, the best FF game is obviously 9, as it should be since it's the last FF game with heavy involvement from Sakaguchi AFAIK. but I am kind of sad to see FF 12 (my personal favorite) not getting any love from you guys.

as for FF 16, "played" it on YouTube, and my very short review follows: voice acting is great; CGI cutscenes are amazing; story is unbearably bad, writing in general is just weak (too many coincidences convenient for the plot, if you know what I mean), main character is written as an idiot for some reason, very unlikable; visual design is strong; combat is generic as hell, Eikon battles are unnecessarily long. reminds me a lot of FF 13 for all the wrong reasons.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

9 hours ago, sorophx said:

love the FF discussion, but guys... is someone forcing you to use Roman numerals when discussing these games? I spend half the time deciphering what part exactly you're talking about 🥲

anyway, the best FF game is obviously 9, as it should be since it's the last FF game with heavy involvement from Sakaguchi AFAIK. but I am kind of sad to see FF 12 (my personal favorite) not getting any love from you guys.

as for FF 16, "played" it on YouTube, and my very short review follows: voice acting is great; CGI cutscenes are amazing; story is unbearably bad, writing in general is just weak (too many coincidences convenient for the plot, if you know what I mean), main character is written as an idiot for some reason, very unlikable; visual design is strong; combat is generic as hell, Eikon battles are unnecessarily long. reminds me a lot of FF 13 for all the wrong reasons.

Can't wait for FFLXIX. Gonna be nice.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

Can't wait for FFLXIX. Gonna be nice.

Sounds kinky 😁

• Haha 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On 7/2/2023 at 5:16 PM, sorophx said:

12 is very strange game IMHO. When I played it for the first time, I hated it. On second playthrough, I really enjoyed it and had a lot of fun with it. Not in top 5 FF, but still fine. And on Zodiac Age playthrough, I had good time as well, but it felt less fun than the second time 😆

• Hmmm 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

20 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I can just about accept Roman numerals on an analogue clock face, but they have no place anywhere else.

Basil II > Basil the Second

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/92159/starfields-new-creation-engine-took-so-long-to-do-bethesdas-todd-howard-happy-with-results/index.html

Interesting update around Starfields new graphics engine,  Creation Engine 2

Its going to be epic :dancing:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, BruceVC said:

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/92159/starfields-new-creation-engine-took-so-long-to-do-bethesdas-todd-howard-happy-with-results/index.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Gasp! 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

13 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Todd Howard is who I would want to represent humanity when the Aliens show up

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Played in the movie by Jeff Goldblum, and hides an alien defeating trojan inside a version of Skyrim for Samsung Fridge Alien Navigation Devices...

Did anyone really expect the engine to be anything other than Gamebryo++ with a new renderer?

• Gasp! 1

3 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

Played in the movie by Jeff Goldblum, and hides an alien defeating trojan inside a version of Skyrim for Samsung Fridge Alien Navigation Devices...

Did anyone really expect the engine to be anything other than Gamebryo++ with a new renderer?

I'm sure it will still have some of the 20 year old Gamebryo bugs that they never bothered to fix.

• Haha 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

10 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I'm sure it will still have some of the 20 year old Gamebryo bugs that they never bothered to fix.

:lol:, geez you guys are cynical. " Bethesda bashing " is so.....last decade

They have addressed the problems with the older versions of this graphics engine. I think its best we just  accept that Starfield is going to be real contender for RPG of the year. But it will lose to BG3 :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I think Bethesda has given up on truly trying to address any problems.

They know that the average console gamer doesn't care enough about details to notice that things are wrong, and among the PC gamer community anyone who does (or thinks they do) is going to download mods anyway.

Why care about getting the most out of your graphics when the players that will complain are already planning to install Bodyslide, Caliente or turn all models into furries.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

11 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I think it would be more accurate to say it's Gamebryo with 20 years worth of Bethesda bugs progressively added to it.

• Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

30 minutes ago, melkathi said:

I think Bethesda has given up on truly trying to address any problems.

They know that the average console gamer doesn't care enough about details to notice that things are wrong, and among the PC gamer community anyone who does (or thinks they do) is going to download mods anyway.

Why care about getting the most out of your graphics when the players that will complain are already planning to install Bodyslide, Caliente or turn all models into furries.

Okay but did you read the link I posted, they specifically mention working with Xbox to address console problems and optimization  so this is another  advantage with being part of Microsoft

John Milton