Random video game news... the critical eyes have it

15 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

Somehow not surprised the pervy one's your favorite. lol

Naturally, who else would it be?:dancing:

Not coincidentally, my favorite character in OG Dragon Ball (far and away the best Dragon Ball don't @ me) is Oolong, given he's for all intents and purposes Zhu Bajie, just like Goku is Sun Wukong. Oolong appears in DBZ and so on, but in a much diminished role as the series devolved from the fun, goofy hijinks of the original to he's power level 100000! Oh yeah, well I powered up to 500000. Oh yeah, well I'm now power level 90000000000. And so on.

aWdhbi5naWY.gif

As for the new Grim Dawn expansion, I'm all for it. The best loot em up gets bigger and even better, what's not to love?

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

19 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

Surprised they feel they have enough of a player base still around to put out another expansion.

They are probably trying to bank on the wave of D4 disappointment after latest update 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Volition is shutting down. Probably a combo of the SR reboot not doing well and the problems Embracer has from blowing up like a balloon on (now not so) cheap debt then failing to get a bail out from the Saudis.

Shame, quite apart from the people losing jobs they made some great stupid but fun games.

• Hmmm 1
  • Sad 1

I'm somewhat excited for Starfield. It's different enough from JA3 that I probably won't play it and just wish I was playing JA3. But I'm just going to wait for it to be available on Gamepass. Maybe I'll buy the imperial edition on sale when it comes out in a year or so. 

3 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

I'm somewhat excited for Starfield. It's different enough from JA3 that I probably won't play it and just wish I was playing JA3. But I'm just going to wait for it to be available on Gamepass. Maybe I'll buy the imperial edition on sale when it comes out in a year or so. 

It will be on Gamepass day 1 AFAIK.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

It will be on Gamepass day 1 AFAIK.

Yes, but people who pay for it get to play it on Day -5, so Microsoft are playing silly buggers here.

That said, I'm not in a rush personally and am not even entertaining the notion of paying for it. I have however just paid to extend my Game Pass out to late 2026 by buying a bunch of 90-day Xbox Live Gold codes (that convert to 50 days of Game Pass Ultimate).

Edited by Humanoid
  • Haha 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Can you buy the premium, download/preload, refund, then buy the normal version and have it ready to go on launch date?

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

15 hours ago, melkathi said:

My PC can't run it anyway. By the time I upgrade, digital distribution will be a thing of the past, so I won't be able to buy it even in the bargain bin.

My current PC also cannot run it, but I'm going to buy the game anyway as a show of support for what I consider (as a passionate fan of human space exploration) to be one of the best RPGs in recent years. I should be able to buy my new PC sometime next spring.

So you could get a script to loop installation and uninstall, to create costs for a Dev studio, once it passes the $200.000 in revenue

Here is the official unity blog post about it:

https://blog.unity.com/news/plan-pricing-and-packaging-updates

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Basically it seems they are trying to blackmail Devs into using more unity stuff in their games:

Qualifying customers may be eligible for credits toward the Unity Runtime Fee based on the adoption of Unity services beyond the Editor

• Hmmm 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

5 hours ago, Lexx said:

Welp, looks like the engine is dead to me then. 😄 This is not sustainable at all for indies.

Some of the developers are going to move to other engines, it seems. Curious about Rogue Trader and Death Trash, though. Both are close to release and switching now could be problematic. Also, curious how it is going to work with GDPR and GOG purchases where the customers are more likely to cut any Internet access if the game is single-player only. 

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/game-devs-announce-plans-to-drop-unity-urge-players-to-protest-new-per-install-fees

Edit. Random websites (several) say Riccitiello has sold 2,000 shares of the company during the past week, a total of 50,610 shares over the past year, and purchased none. Not sure if it is related.

Edited by Hawke64