ranDom vIdeO game news

majestic

4 hours ago, Lexx said:

I'm just wondering - if this is a robot, why is it making stamina/exhaustion sounds.

Maybe it's a software fix for the "uncanny valley" problem? I.e. by the designers.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

40 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I've never heard of Redfall before, and after looking it up, I would have been happy it remained that way.

I mean its Arcane. Nothing they pitched so far appeals to me, though. After Deathloop I am a bit more sceptical.

10 hours ago, melkathi said:

Wait, you just noticed?

I was sharing links about this and wondering how come you weren't excited. I mean the game has you as the main target audience. It's from Spider after all :p

I've known about it but lately I've been focused on VtM: Swansong, on account of it releasing in just a few days, hence Steelrising hasn't been on the front of my mind.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I didn't even expected it this year, did they even shown anything related to Starfield?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

2 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

I didn't even expected it this year, did they even shown anything related to Starfield?

Not yet, outside in-engine trailers. It had a release date though. From what I understand it is not unusual for Bethesda to keep things underwaps and then shows lengthy game presentations closer to the release - so many expected details in upcoming Microsoft showcase. We will probably still see it there.

• Like 1

I haven't been following Starfield at all, I didn't even know Redfall was a thing. One game I had no expectations of releasing this year and the other I didn't know was in development so this delay means nothing to me. Hopefully, the extra time means Bethesda puts out a great game for the first time in 20 years.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

4 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Hopefully, the extra time means Bethesda puts out a great game for the first time in 20 years.

Nah, it'll just mean you'll fall through the world only half as much as in other releases, and maybe it'll not be as broken as Fallout 76. :yes:

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I do not care if this is a one-trick pony that would entertain me only for a handful of long afternoons and/or never get polished up much ... I am buying it.

...there are no beavers, but apparently there are ducks. (1:48)

• Gasp! 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

2 hours ago, Lexx said:

This is kinda racist. No surprise, though. It's Activision after all. :p

Kinda racist but also just kinda lazy. Why bother with a well-developed character, just check some diversity boxes and class it a day? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 1:29 AM, Keyrock said:

Speaking of which...

A vampire child :grin:

Thats going to be interesting

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

20 hours ago, Lexx said:

This is kinda racist. No surprise, though. It's Activision after all. :p

Why do you think its racist, its an attempt to change that perception and create more inclusive characters in their games? 

I think its misplaced and unnecessary because their are better ways of doing this but to quote from the article " The idea, the post argues, is to guard “against unconscious bias and exclusion when it came to the creation of their games and characters.”

So its well meaning,  true racism has to have intent. This strange modelling is not intentionally racist?

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Why do you think its racist, its an attempt to change that perception and create more inclusive characters in their games? 

Because it gives points to characters based on racial stereotypes. Also it's stupid. Like, how the hell do you rate "culture"? Does the space viking guy not have "culture"? Who has "culture"? Native americans with feather headgear?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."