ranDom vIdeO game news

majestic

On 5/10/2022 at 5:30 PM, Lexx said:

Truth told, I really don't want inXile to make a Fallout game.

That said, Fallout "New Vegas 2" from anyone else but Obsidian would just be a crappy attempt to cash in on the hype around it. Either Obsidian makes a new Fallout game, or they can just **** off with that idea for all I care.

I don't trust anybody making a NV2 at this point. Obsidian is a shell of it's former self, same with the rest of the gaming community. Why is there even a need for NV2? The game was so thoroughly fleshed out, any attempt at a sequel would be a weak cash grab. That didn't bode so well for Bloodlines 2 - Paradox went cheap with an inexperienced in-house team and the result speaks for itself.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blodhemn said:

I don't trust anybody making a NV2 at this point. Obsidian is a shell of it's former self, same with the rest of the gaming community. Why is there even a need for NV2? The game was so thoroughly fleshed out, any attempt at a sequel would be a weak cash grab. That didn't bode so well for Bloodlines 2 - Paradox went cheap with an inexperienced in-house team and the result speaks for itself.

It's a cult classic, so there's money to be made off of nostalgia, mostly nostalgia from a generation that never experienced the original. See Baldur's Gate 3.

Edited by marelooke

I'd honestly much rather Obsidian made an Alpha Protocol sequel (Sigma Protocol?) rather than NV2. Granted, SEGA owns the IP, but it's not like Microsoft is hurting for money and SEGA probably wouldn't ask for an arm and a leg, given that they're not doing anything with the IP and probably never will.

• Like 6

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Norman Reedus apparently mentioned filming for a Death Stranding 2 (briefly, in a long text interview), so maybe they're really going to make one.

We just started the second one.  ....  And then the game came out, and it just won all these awards, and it was a huge thing, so we just started part two of that.

I hope they don't radically alter the concept/gameplay. I mean I suppose they will a little I'm sure. Possibly more "action" even, who knows. But yeah...like usual, hope it doesn't suck.  😄

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

33 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

alpha protocol have so little chance to get a sequel

even tyranny have a better chance

A man can dream...

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 hours ago, melkathi said:

I still wait to go on a date and the woman to say to me "I hear the Adirondack's are beautiful this time of year"

I'm still waitimg for an ex-Stasi agent (preferably female) to force me into submission. :brows:

• Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Alpha Protocol made me realize that I have a thing for strong women, if you know what I mean.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I learned that killing your boss can be a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

So we can all agree, Alpha Protocol was an educational game.

Sadly, the judge did not agree.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have seen some lets play and it looks nice, I think its also on GoG - I am waiting for sale tho

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

3 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

I have seen some lets play and it looks nice, I think its also on GoG - I am waiting for sale tho

On sale now, a whole 10% off!

yeah, I will wait for real sale :)

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Assuming nothing got lost in translation this is kinda sad news:

That said, apparently plurals are easy to trip over for Eastern Europeans, so fingers crossed. If they really only release the one (they promised at least two), then, combined with dropping the Red Engine engine for an off the shelf one, it would seem the money types finally took over.

If that's the case I wouldn't be surprised if CDPR starts bleeding talent. Fingers crossed, but not feeling particularly hopeful with the news that's been coming out of that direction lately.

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

that's terrible, because it's just making the engine space that much smaller, Unity isn't in any shape to compete with UE4, and now yet another engine team will just disappear. I don't want all games to be made in UE5 😰

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.