ranDom vIdeO game news

Sarex

6 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

still remember how awful archer are in gothic and risen

does elex have better ranged combat

It works, I dont remember it being elegant but it works and you also get  to use ranged weapons like energy weapons 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hitman3 finally getting released for real on the 20th. New Elusive Target Arcade sounds better then ET as they are not time limited and they are retryable (although one attempt per day) - I felt that one attempt ET encouraged looking at walkthrough rather then experimenting yourself. Freelancer mode sounds potentially interesting. Depending on how good the roguelike structure will be. 

Most importantly, for anyone who didn't yet give this game a go the whole trilogy will be out on Game Pass. I will probably end up buying H3 on steam anyway - if not now (depending on price) then later. The only shadow hanging over the game is always online nonesense. It would be shame if the game would go offline sometime in the future.

Oh, and I would actually like to try the VR. Too pricey piece of equipement for me, though.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Hitman3 finally getting released for real on the 20th. New Elusive Target Arcade sounds better then ET as they are not time limited and they are retryable (although one attempt per day) - I felt that one attempt ET encouraged looking at walkthrough rather then experimenting yourself. Freelancer mode sounds potentially interesting. Depending on how good the roguelike structure will be. 

Most importantly, for anyone who didn't yet give this game a go the whole trilogy will be out on Game Pass. I will probably end up buying H3 on steam anyway - if not now (depending on price) then later. The only shadow hanging over the game is always online nonesense. It would be shame if the game would go offline sometime in the future.

Oh, and I would actually like to try the VR. Too pricey piece of equipement for me, though.

I have been considering for years investing in VR, Im just not sure the technology is advanced enough?

Wormie imagine VR  Romance arcs with Isabella in DA2 :sweat:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

17 minutes ago, melkathi said:

I find most romances in games intrusive, distracting, and cringe worthy

So, like real life romances.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

27 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

How would you know? :p 

Theoretical knowledge is still knowledge!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 1/13/2022 at 10:27 AM, Wormerine said:

The only shadow hanging over the game is always online nonesense.

Why is everyone always trying to Balkanize gaming?  Always online actually works great for the new Hitman series because you get a sense of being part of some Hitman agency with new contracts and stuff.

Speaking of Balkanization:

https://venturebeat.com/2022/01/12/stalker-2-heart-of-chernobyl-delayed-to-december-2022/

LOL how very "Cyberpunk", hope dies last after all.

6 hours ago, ComradeYellow said:

Always online actually works great for the new Hitman series because you get a sense of being part of some Hitman agency with new contracts and stuff.

I think Hitman community features and live service content is a good thing. There is, however, no reason to lock game progression behind the server. While it doesn't annoy me now when I have stable internet, it still puts the game in unfortunate position, that it might become unplayable if devs ever shut the servers without adding a proper offline mode. I didn't try it, but as far as I remember you can't do mission progression without connecting online. It's a single player game - there is no reason to require constant connection if one doesn't engage with online modes. Hopefully IO will patch in a solution once they shut the servers for online content. But as it is now, you can only play the game, for as long as IO will allow.

On 1/14/2022 at 6:08 PM, melkathi said:

I find most romances in games intrusive, distracting, and cringe worthy

Melkie you know Romance arcs in RPG are the same as all  components in RPG, they not suppose to be same as RL or the  things we do in RL? You use your imagination and RP the various outcomes and developments but its never going to be like Gone with the Wind and other real Romance stories 

Also I am always interested in the criticism that they intrusive and distracting, can you give examples in any game how optional Romance arcs are truly intrusive? Because I generally always explore Romance arcs, if I like the Romance options, in all games and if I think of Bioware games where you have straight and LGBT options it was easy to shutdown the unwanted attention from the gay wizard in my party because the first time he flirted with me I just said something like " I would prefer to be friends "  and he never flirted with me again

So my question to you and others  is  " how can the inclusion of optional Romance arcs really be a problem when they so easy to avoid or not to participate in " ?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

9 hours ago, Wormerine said:

I think Hitman community features and live service content is a good thing. There is, however, no reason to lock game progression behind the server. While it doesn't annoy me now when I have stable internet, it still puts the game in unfortunate position, that it might become unplayable if devs ever shut the servers without adding a proper offline mode. I didn't try it, but as far as I remember you can't do mission progression without connecting online. It's a single player game - there is no reason to require constant connection if one doesn't engage with online modes. Hopefully IO will patch in a solution once they shut the servers for online content. But as it is now, you can only play the game, for as long as IO will allow.

Do not hope for that. If it is the same, as last Hitman, then you can play in offline mode, but everything you achieve is not stored on your PC, so every new mission starts with nothing. IO after publishing it in that state on GOG, received a big backlash, and instead of fixing it, they rather pulled the game from the store.

• Sad 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

11 hours ago, BruceVC said:

So my question to you and others  is  " how can the inclusion of optional Romance arcs really be a problem when they so easy to avoid or not to participate in " ?

Because it’s never that. I don’t mind developing a love interest with a companion. Or having a companion have a romance (like in Outer Worlds). But when every companion tries to get in bed with PC or with each other it becomes ridiculous. It turns from fun fantasy adventure to one of those reality shows. 

And easy example of companions downgraded with romance is PoE => PoE2. We just don’t get such a varied and interesting cast in the sequel as almost everyone needs to be boinkable. I will take Sagani, Grieving Widow or Durance anytime over ripped Takehu, horny Xoti, or cool sexy Maia. And yes, I can turn down their creepy advances, but then they publically start hitting on each other, and none of them support the story as well as they could, as part of their character is designed to act as romance interest option. Honestly, I prefer Skyrim’s Sterdew Valley romances then written Bioware-like schlock. 

EDIT: I must also say that I found "romancable" companions to be especially problematic in more "movie" like games aka. Mass Effect. While you can, let's say reject Miranda, it won't stop the game's camera from treating her like a hot baby that you should try to bang. I think if games were more restrained with romance, until player opts deeper into it, it would be less invasive. Especially ME3 was terrible in that regard... but then again, it was ME3.

jVbuifw.gif

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

Because it’s never that. I don’t mind developing a love interest with a companion. Or having a companion have a romance (like in Outer Worlds). But when every companion tries to get in bed with PC or with each other it becomes ridiculous. It turns from fun fantasy adventure to one of those reality shows. 

And easy example of companions downgraded with romance is PoE => PoE2. We just don’t get such a varied and interesting cast in the sequel as almost everyone needs to be boinkable. I will take Sagani, Grieving Widow or Durance anytime over ripped Takehu, horny Xoti, or cool sexy Maia. And yes, I can turn down their creepy advances, but then they publically start hitting on each other, and none of them support the story as well as they could, as part of their character is designed to act as romance interest option. Honestly, I prefer Skyrim’s Sterdew Valley romances then written Bioware-like schlock. 

I havent played PoE yet so I cant comment, I just know its easy to end Bioware Romance arcs in about 30 seconds. Because you just say " no " in the dialogue options and your party members dont re-initiate the Romance unless you do, as far as  I remember, but the point being its not intrusive  

• Gasp! 1

John Milton 

If you have six companions, who you all try to improve your relationship with to unlock whatever bonus, then you have to say six nos, not one. And there now are six times you have "hurt" someone. 

And there are now six times you actively decide to forgo content.Which goes against complesionist urges.

Romance just ends up better written and implemented in odd games one wouldn't talk about to people here and better confined to tfgamessite (which you should not Google and I have no idea what it is).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).