ranDom vIdeO game news

Sarex

I'm going to repeat myself: Princess Daisy is not in the new Strikers game. Princess Daisy was one of the more heavily marketed characters for the original Strikers games. She could do what Princess Peach could not, which was gleefully scream, yell, kick, run, punch, and...well, sport - prim and proper Peach (and Rosalina) couldn't do any of that*. Does no-one else see or care about the tragedy of the best Nintendo Princess no longer even having a place in what is essentially her own dojo**? Ooh, I'm so mad, I might change my avatar...

*Ignore that Peach was literally in the original Strikers game - she was weak and pathetic, not even fit for holding Daisy's jockstraps. ...Do athletes wear jockstraps in soccer? Do women wear jockstraps in soccer? :huh: (e): I have been informed that jockstraps are, apparently, for jocks only - women do have an equivalent called..."pelvic protectors". Well, that just doesn't sound the same in every day usage, I have to say.

**Well, at least she'll always have Super Mario Land...on the original Game Boy...;(

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Sad 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

13 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Princess Daisy has been dropped from the base roster in favor of that hack fraud Rosalina. Nintendo, you are dead to me.

This is a travesty. Daisy has been my main in any kart and sports game. She's way better than that floozie Peach and that hack fraud Rosalina. This killed any and all interest I had in the new Strikers.

Nintendo is such a frustrating company. They can never just take a step forward, it's always accompanied with at least one step back. After 19 years they finally release a new 2D Metroid and it's phenomenal. They follow that up by embracing NFTs when most other companies are backing away due to backlash and by removing the best character from the new Strikers.:banghead:

On a more lighthearted note, they are adding 2 new difficulties to Metroid Dread, including an extra easy mode that the internet has dubbed David Jaffe Mode. 🤣

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

27 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

This is a travesty. Daisy has been my main in any kart and sports game. She's way better than that floozie Peach and that hack fraud Rosalina. This killed any and all interest I had in the new Strikers.

Ah, a fellow Daisyist! I always believed Daisy to be the...well, actually, wait - for a long time, I always thought she was the worst, but that's because she was aggressively loud and obnoxious. In my group of friends that played these silly Mario sports/party/racing games, I always played as Mario, pretty much the most inoffensive of all the characters...until one of my friends trolled me by picking Mario before I could. I said "alright, well, screw you, I'm playing Daisy I guess", and everyone but me has regretted it ever since. For yes, while she is the loudest and most obnoxious of all characters...when she is being loud and obnoxious on your behalf, you can't help but love her personality and charm. Win or lose, she'll be perpetually groaning, whooping, crying, and yelping at everything and everyone, and I think that's really what party gaming is all about, :yes:.

I don't know whom David Jaffe is, but...let's see here:

In 2021, Jaffe went viral due to his criticisms of Metroid Dread's design, after he was stuck in an early-game section where hidden blocks needed to be destroyed to progress, despite a tutorial already teaching players that such destruction would be necessary for progress. Despite being mocked from fans of the Metroid series, Jaffe defended his comments by arguing that other Metroidvanias—games with a play-style similar to the series—had more intuitive methods of onboarding players to game mechanics, and after speaking to a journalist who was a fan of the series, stated his openness to re-visit the game with more notice given to the series' legacy.

Sounds a lot like that one journalist that tried to play Cuphead and couldn't figure out how to jump + dash for a solid couple of minutes in the first ten seconds of the tutorial that explicitly laid out how to do it in signs above the player's head...except that the Cuphead guy at least knew how awful he was.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• Gorth locked this topic

Split into new thread here...

:closed:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein