Forum Comments and Issues Repository

SChin

Hey everyone!

The latest version of the forums went live this morning around 8:15AM PT.  Please let us know if you continue to have any issues now that we have rolled out all our fixes and we will look into what we can do to fix things for you :)

Thanks again for your tremendous patience and assistance with these issues that arose over the holiday break ❤️ 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 1/17/2023 at 3:16 PM, majestic said:

Great news, now please kindly send me your billing address so I can bill you for my time spent testing, the time for writing the bill and the time for this joke post. :yes:

I worry that will break the bank ... ;)

• Haha 2

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

test

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

On 1/17/2023 at 10:16 PM, majestic said:

Great news, now please kindly send me your billing address so I can bill you for my time spent testing, the time for writing the bill and the time for this joke post. :yes:

test

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Hmm, maybe a one off but I had a post go through where I quoted and replied to something from the second to last page of a thread, but I was not redirected to my post on the last page, instead I remained on my page (second to last) with my text still there. Just to be clear when I clicked the submit reply the post went through but I was not redirected to it.

It could be because I never viewed the last page of the thread, but went directly to the last viewed post on the page before.

Edited by Sarex

1 minute ago, Sarex said:

Hmm, maybe a one off but I had a post go through where I quoted and replied to something from the second to last page but I was not redirected to my post on the last page, instead I remained on my page (second to last) with my text still there. Just to be clear when I clicked the submit reply the post went through but I was not redirected to it.

Well that is better than what it the forum software usually did in that case. Not post, kill your text and call it a day. The prime reason why I CTRL + A; CTRL + C every post. Even the shorter ones nowadays. :p

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Yeah, I'm still frequently suffering from posts not going through (i.e. the forum just gobbling them up). It seems a bit more frequent than it used to be, as posts I spend a handful of minutes writing seem to usually be affected. Have to always CTRL+A+C before you post, as majestic said...

• Hmmm 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

On 1/20/2023 at 2:08 PM, Bartimaeus said:

Yeah, I'm still frequently suffering from posts not going through (i.e. the forum just gobbling them up). It seems a bit more frequent than it used to be, as posts I spend a handful of minutes writing seem to usually be affected. Have to always CTRL+A+C before you post, as majestic said...

Thanks, Bartimaeus. I have shared this with Admin

• Like 1

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

13 hours ago, Fionavar said:

Thanks, Bartimaeus. I have shared this with Admin

One thing I have noticed is that when a post is going to "break" before I post it, I cannot embed an image or video that should embed, nor react to other people's posts - both of which will work if I refresh the page and try again. I think Sarex previously mentioned something about experiencing a similar phenomenon with regards to at least reacting to other people's posts. Next time I contemplate writing up a longer post, I'll try to remember to keep my browser debugging open to see if there's anything useful.

• Thanks 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I recently noticed seeing an add banner on the top of the page. It doesn't look very good and I thought I was somewhere else to be honest.

• Like 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

No I'm not buying Obsidian gear.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

16 minutes ago, Space KP, Baby said:

I recently noticed seeing an add banner on the top of the page. It doesn't look very good and I thought I was somewhere else to be honest.

That add banner will save one person from being fired. Shame on you.

• Gasp! 1

13 minutes ago, Sarex said:

That add banner will save one person from being fired. Shame on you.

I will shoulder the wrath of Bill Gates for that person in penance.

• Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

look i get it, obs needs cash but jeez, does it have to be such intrusive gif with acid pink color? It reminds me those pop up ads from infancy of the internet. It completely breaks visual of the forum... 

edit - nvm, i just blocked that element in Brave browser.. enjoy :)

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

There was a nice looking mousepad in there, but I'd like to see some more Pillars gear. 

It's fairly amazing we've gone this long without having some annoying ads on the forum. Everywhere else on the internet is inundated with flashing banners. 

That banner is waaaaay too big. It's like getting hit in the face with a sledge hammer. Especially that crazy color on black background.

Just now, Hurlshort said:

It's fairly amazing we've gone this long without having some annoying ads on the forum. Everywhere else on the internet is inundated with flashing banners. 

I wouldn't know, I block everything. : >

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Maybe they can have paid membership tiers, free users can only post X times per day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra