Forum Comments and Issues Repository

SChin

Hey yall,

While Stijn and I played around with some updates as well as adding an additional server, we aren't quite sure those actually were what gave the forums their legs again. From what we could tell, it seemed to be from an external source, so we are keeping an eye on it in the mean time.

Thanks again for all your reports and your patience with the slog last week ❤️ 

My phone is logged out again (I just logged back in on it Tuesday) but my computer is still logged in. 

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Hey yall,

Seems like another new thing with no new changes having been added. Sadly for my account, it auto expires after a certain amount of hours for security purposes, so it's hard for me to measure. How fast are you finding it to log you out?

I'll have our backend programmer take a look while we get ready to push another minor update.

Thanks for the heads up!

On 4/25/2019 at 1:33 AM, Pidesco said:

The Obsidian button function now includes moderator posts, as well. It didn't before.

I might also take this opportunity to ask about how the Obsidian button works. It still goes to the first official Obsidian post in the thread. You guys might not remember, but back when the forums were started the function pulled all the Obsidian posts in a thread, for ease of reading those posts. Any change of getting that back, now that we have new software?

That had been the hope - previously reinstating this was not possible. Perhaps it might be now ... @SChin thoughts?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the trouble with the forums today. We ran an update that had some issues and it took awhile to fix.

If you notice any additional problems, please let us know so we can take a look and get things back on track for you.

Thanks and sorry once again ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SChin said:

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the trouble with the forums today. We ran an update that had some issues and it took awhile to fix.

If you notice any additional problems, please let us know so we can take a look and get things back on track for you.

Thanks and sorry once again ❤️ 

Thanks, @SChin! We will not let the @The Guildmaster know that the ramparts were breached by gremlins in the machine :)

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

Hey Boeroer,

How long is your session lasting? Your forum session cookie isn't supposed to expire for 5 days from your last visit to the forums. Any visit before then should refresh the cookie so you don't have to constantly log in every visit. You had mentioned on the 24th that you had to log in more frequently. Is it even more frequent than then, or about the same as then?

Thanks for the info and sorry the forums have been goofin on you.

50 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Hi @SChin - it seems I now get logged out as soon as the session ends. Have to log in (with 2FA) all the time... Am I the only one? 🤔

Do you by any chance have the clear all cookies on browser exit enabled? 🤔

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

16 hours ago, Gorth said:

Do you by any chance have the clear all cookies on browser exit enabled? 🤔

No - and I didn't change any of my browser/cookie settings.

17 hours ago, SChin said:

Hey Boeroer,

How long is your session lasting? Your forum session cookie isn't supposed to expire for 5 days from your last visit to the forums. Any visit before then should refresh the cookie so you don't have to constantly log in every visit. You had mentioned on the 24th that you had to log in more frequently. Is it even more frequent than then, or about the same as then?

Thanks for the info and sorry the forums have been goofin on you.

It's weird... yesterday the session ended as soon as I closed the browser. Just now I visited the forum again (first time today I believe) and I was logged out again. But when I clicked on "sign in" I suddenly was logged in again and didn't have to do anything. 

Edit: this is superweird: I now tested it again and closed the browser and opened if back up, went ot the forum site: it says I'm looged in (cool). THen tried to edit this post and the edit option is not there (huh? logged out secretly?). Reload the page and I'm logged out. 🤷‍♂️

I'm using 2FAuth - maybe that's causing a problem? No idea...

I am also blocking 3rd-party cookies and use Disconnect to block third-party tracking - but there's only 1 content request from Microsoft and a bunch from Google afaict. In the past that didn't cause any problems with the login process. I can try without those and report.

Edit 2: deactivated the Disconnect addon and now I keep being logged in. OKay, I can live with that. It's just weird that this worked in the past an now it doesn't. Is the session cookie from a different source now or something? 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

After more testing I can confirm that blocking tracking sites (Google and Microsoft, see below) I will get logged out as soon as I close the browser. If I let them do their thing I won't get logged out. That wasn't the case in the past.

---

(Formerly) blocked tracking sites:

• microsoft.com
  • googletagmanager.com
  • google-analytics.com
  • google.de
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

No - and I didn't change any of my browser/cookie settings.

It's weird... yesterday the session ended as soon as I closed the browser. Just now I visited the forum again (first time today I believe) and I was logged out again. But when I clicked on "sign in" I suddenly was logged in again and didn't have to do anything. 

Edit: this is superweird: I now tested it again and closed the browser and opened if back up, went ot the forum site: it says I'm looged in (cool). THen tried to edit this post and the edit option is not there (huh? logged out secretly?). Reload the page and I'm logged out. 🤷‍♂️

I'm using 2FAuth - maybe that's causing a problem? No idea...

I am also blocking 3rd-party cookies and use Disconnect to block third-party tracking - but there's only 1 content request from Microsoft and a bunch from Google afaict. In the past that didn't cause any problems with the login process. I can try without those and report.

Edit 2: deactivated the Disconnect addon and now I keep being logged in. OKay, I can live with that. It's just weird that this worked in the past an now it doesn't. Is the session cookie from a different source now or something? 

Helpful - thanks, Boeroer! Echoes some of my issues, yesterday. Are you still experiencing this?

• Like 1

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

22 hours ago, Fionavar said:

Helpful - thanks, Boeroer! Echoes some of my issues, yesterday. Are you still experiencing this?

Now that I let third parties track me (on this site) I stay logged in.

Edited by Boeroer

13 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Sorry - I stay logged in (no need to log in all the time anymore).

Cool! Thanks, Boeror

• Like 1

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Sarex,

Thanks for the heads up. We had a certificate for the MS Login expire and renewed the certificate on Tuesday. I also heard Fionavar was running into the same issue as you whereas I haven't seemed to run into this yet. I'll have our web programmer take a look tonight to see if he can see what might be causing the issue.

If you have any updated in the coming days, please let us know so we can be better informed on the issue.

Thanks as always and sorry for the trouble with the login system.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, anyone knows what up with this crap?

image.thumb.png.1c78355a399eca31e376a98b4fed8f18.png

its started happening to me recently and I have no idea why. anytime someone post (I assume) youtube link I just get this black screen. No idea where i can actually agree to cookies to enable viewing this

Edit: Brave browser

image.png.40c28de9fcc6944afeb062e9e9b3122a.png

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Something changed with the forum. After so many years, it seems posts are much easier to read again. Big thanks to whoever finally saw the light!

There is but one issue. This bright light here, which now makes it impossible to see the page count, etc.:

image.thumb.png.5ac2404c0d10e7e579d2aa6fe7d2ea35.png

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Default font size is a bit tiny, at least on actual computer monitors. It works better on mobile, but for a mole like me, eh... :p

image.thumb.png.4eafec36b3fa25149f0c81bcc096aa37.png

• Thanks 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.