Forum Comments and Issues Repository

SChin

I saw the whited out one and assumed it was because @Bartimaeus was trying to contact Fire walk with KP, who was exiled to the black lodge for twenty five years for twenty five years.

• Confused 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Whenever a video is listed in a post, I only get the black image and message that I need to accept social media cookies. I've had them accepted in the past, but for some reason no longer. However the manage cookies link does nothing when clicked. This is both the one in the post itself and the one in the site footer.

I've tried with both Chrome and Firefox, with same result.

• Like 1

Hey @Spider,

Thanks for letting us know about this cookie issue and sorry for the trouble it's causing.  I have a meeting with our web developer tonight, so I'll be reaching out to him about this to see what the issue might be and to see why the links are broken.  If you notice any changes, please let us know, otherwise, I'll update you here when we have a fix in.

Thanks again!

Hey @Spider, our web developer took a look at this and said he was able to properly see the videos when he had the cookies accepted.  Apparently the links also worked for him as well.  He was wondering if you might try deleting your current cookies for the forums and see if it pops up the initial cookie banner for you to reselect the cookies and see if that works for you.  Please keep us posted on how that works for you :)

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2023 at 8:05 AM, Spider said:

Whenever a video is listed in a post, I only get the black image and message that I need to accept social media cookies. I've had them accepted in the past, but for some reason no longer. However the manage cookies link does nothing when clicked. This is both the one in the post itself and the one in the site footer.

I've tried with both Chrome and Firefox, with same result.

Also wondering if you have tried using Incognito/Private Window if the cookie/cache clearing does not work as per @SChin suggestion

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Yeah, turns out the issue was on my end. I had tried clearing the cookies, but apparently ublock origin has started blocking something on this site. I've had it active here since forever, so that's why I didn't think of it at first.
I never even got the cookie popup with it active (although I still got some of the cookies), but with it deactivated it all works, including the link in the footer.

So thanks for the help :)

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Is anyone else having "loading lag" response times a lot, recently? Clicking threads, logging in/out, hit post button, hit edit button, etc.

As usual, could just be me or some browser setting I use or whatever, so just asking - although I'm not having similar issues re: other websites/forums. Hence, checking-in.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

3 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Is anyone else having "loading lag" response times a lot, recently? Clicking threads, logging in/out, hit post button, hit edit button, etc.

As usual, could just be me or some browser setting I use or whatever, so just asking - although I'm not having similar issues re: other websites/forums. Hence, checking-in.

The last 24 hours, the forums have felt very "sluggish", to the point of not being usable 😖

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hey @LadyCrimson and @Gorth!

Thanks for the heads up. Testing myself, I'm noticing the same thing, which is weird as we haven't made any changes in awhile.

I've reported it to the web team to take a look and see what the heck is goin on. Hopefully we can get it sorted and back up to speed soon.

Thanks again for letting us know and sorry for the trouble ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

&

8 hours ago, Gorth said:

The last 24 hours, the forums have felt very "sluggish", to the point of not being usable 😖

Indeed, I noticed the same. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

8 hours ago, SChin said:

Hey @LadyCrimson and @Gorth!

Thanks for the heads up. Testing myself, I'm noticing the same thing, which is weird as we haven't made any changes in awhile.

I've reported it to the web team to take a look and see what the heck is goin on. Hopefully we can get it sorted and back up to speed soon.

Thanks again for letting us know and sorry for the trouble ❤️ 

I'm also getting this every now and then:
error_msg_forum.png?rlkey=oypdheqcitbo81

Ditto for me on getting the Our Services message occasionally.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It's still slowish - but for me it was never the fastest experience to begin with. I believe it's better than it was on wednesday/thursday though.

Edit: did a bit of manical testing and it's def. better now.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

On 1/13/2024 at 10:51 AM, Boeroer said:

It's still slowish - but for me it was never the fastest experience to begin with. I believe it's better than it was on wednesday/thursday though.

Edit: did a bit of manical testing and it's def. better now.

Thanks, Boeroer!

• Like 1

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Looks like someone found the poor old forums walking stick for it again, as it feels like it has picked up the pace! 😁

• Thanks 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein